Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest way to fulfill TESU Civic Engagement requirement?
Hi all,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a quick way to complete the Civic Engagement requirement for TESU? I was considering Saylor's Comparative Politics course, but the recommended study material seemed a bit daunting (e.g. using Wikipedia for certain topics).

Assuming cost isn't a huge factor (I'd consider anything up to $300), which course/exam options have easily digestible accompanying study material and is something I can complete in the shortest time span? Really close to completing my degrees and I'd rather focus my efforts on my major courses rather than the General Ed courses.

Thanks!
BS in Data Science & Analytics and BA in Computer Science and Mathematics at TESU (June 2019 to June 2020)
In-progress:
MS in Cybersecurity at NYU (January 2021 to December 2022?)
MCIT in Information Security and Assurance at NAU (September 2020 to March 2021)
Intro to American Government is probably the easiest course that meets this requirement. You can do Intro to American Gov through CLEP, instacert for credit, StraighterLine, saylor and study.com. Take your pick
InstantCertCredit.com offers American Government which is ACE recommended.

Have a look here: https://www.instantcertcredit.com
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
amaquiling, how's it going? It's been a while, so you actually decided on the double degree eh? BA with a double major in Comp Sci/Math and a BS Data Science & Analytics...that's so cool! I also would recommend the InstantCert course for credit, I noticed you still need a few more credits for your degrees, do you need anything lower level? InstantCert has a few that might meet your needs!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
just a quick note: if you're doing a Political Science degree with TESU they don't allow this requirement to be fulfilled by American Government because that's in the AOS for that degree.

So if you're doing that one, you'll need something else
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(03-22-2020, 09:53 PM)natshar Wrote: Intro to American Government is probably the easiest course that meets this requirement. You can do Intro to American Gov through CLEP, instacert for credit, StraighterLine, saylor and study.com. Take your pick

just a guess, but I doubt CELP is going to be available for awhile 
I don't know for sure, but I guess most testing centers are closed due to CV19
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • natshar
(03-22-2020, 10:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: amaquiling, how's it going? It's been a while, so you actually decided on the double degree eh?  BA with a double major in Comp Sci/Math and a BS Data Science & Analytics...that's so cool!  I also would recommend the InstantCert course for credit, I noticed you still need a few more credits for your degrees, do you need anything lower level?  InstantCert has a few that might meet your needs!

Yep! I've been around, just lurking in the shadows haha

Actually taking a handful of TESU courses as my job is paying for them, so those make up the majority of the remaining courses. Finished up all my AOS courses on statistics.com for my BS in Data Science & Analytics back in January and decided to take my time since I'm aiming for June graduation. But with the whole pandemic going on and working from home, that freed up plenty of time for me!

The only non-TESU courses left to take now are the ethics course (which I'm planning on doing through Sophia now that the courses are free!), Linear Algebra through Coopersmith and of course, the Civic Engagement course. Almost there!
BS in Data Science & Analytics and BA in Computer Science and Mathematics at TESU (June 2019 to June 2020)
In-progress:
MS in Cybersecurity at NYU (January 2021 to December 2022?)
MCIT in Information Security and Assurance at NAU (September 2020 to March 2021)
I'd say that since most CLEP testing centers are closed, you're better off with a course than a test that requires a test center.

Saylor can be awful, and also longer than other courses. That being said, you don't actually have to take the course to take the final exam for $25 - so if you want to take the unproctored final and see how you do, if you do well enough you might just take the proctored final for credit. Another test-only option is Davar.

Don't know how ICC is, but they're probably decent, and the price is right.

My choice is Study.com, although I'd only do that if you have another course you want/need to take (you're paying for 2). I didn't enjoy SL, but some people do.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,332 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 455 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 478 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 259 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27