Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Federal Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II scholarships (HEERFS II)
jch Wrote:I am currently signed up for a TECEP and was accepted. Just got a refund check for that in the mail today, with the balance sitting in my TESU account. I haven't taken any actual classes at TESU yet.

Hot dang! I could have gotten it with an Upper Level TECEP I was wanting to do... oh wells, it would have paid for three TECEPS for me!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Get ready for HEERF III everyone! Per the table here, TESU received (is receiving?) $1,068,153 from this latest round of relief/stimulus, of which at least $1,023,037 must go to student aid. This amount compares to $633,035 total and $583,235 for students from the last round. These are going to be some pretty sizeable checks! UMPI is distributing their money in October already, but I remember that TESU was a bit slower in the previous round.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(09-27-2021, 02:25 PM)jch Wrote: Get ready for HEERF III everyone! Per the table here, TESU received (is receiving?) $1,068,153 from this latest round of relief/stimulus, of which at least $1,023,037 must go to student aid. This amount compares to $633,035 total and $583,235 for students from the last round. These are going to be some pretty sizeable checks! UMPI is distributing their money in October already, but I remember that TESU was a bit slower in the previous round.

How does one apply for this?
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(09-27-2021, 03:52 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote: How does one apply for this?

For HEERF II, TESU published an application form (see the first post in this thread). I image that they'll be doing something similar.
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
That sounds great. Please keep us up to date on this. I have two students, and had to pay for extra time because of COVID.

(09-27-2021, 09:43 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote: That sounds great.  Please keep us up to date on this.  I have two students, and had to pay for extra time because of COVID.
Just subscribing to thread.
Just like last time, they've started by opening up an emergency aid application for students experiencing extraordinary financial circumstances such as significant unexpected expenses, loss of employment or reduced income, or food or housing insecurity. 

I got this email this afternoon: 
Quote:Economic Aid is Available for TESU Students Financially Impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic
Dear <name>,

While the pandemic has affected all students, it has hit some students and their families especially hard and has exacerbated inequities within our educational system. To help, the Department of Education is allowing Thomas Edison State University to provide emergency aid to all students.

If you wish to apply for economic aid, the department allows us to award these funds to those with exceptional need. These extraordinary financial circumstances are defined as:

Significant unexpected expenses
Loss of employment or reduced income
Food or housing insecurity
If interested, please complete this form as soon as possible.

We hope this may be of some assistance to you. Thomas Edison State University is committed to helping you attain your academic goals during these difficult times.

Sincerely,
James M. Owens
Director of Financial Aid
Thomas Edison State University

Anyone who meets these criteria should fill out the simple form ASAP. 

After TESU took care of all the emergency applications in the last round, they doled out the remaining money to financial aid-eligible students who filled out another form. I imagine that they'll open that up sometime in October.
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • Dorothy44, WALLACEMC11
(09-28-2021, 08:03 PM)jch Wrote: Just like last time, they've started by opening up an emergency aid application for students experiencing extraordinary financial circumstances such as significant unexpected expenses, loss of employment or reduced income, or food or housing insecurity. 

Quote:Economic Aid is Available for TESU Students Financially Impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic
Dear <name>,

While the pandemic has affected all students, it has hit some students and their families especially hard and has exacerbated inequities within our educational system. To help, the Department of Education is allowing Thomas Edison State University to provide emergency aid to all students.

If you wish to apply for economic aid, the department allows us to award these funds to those with exceptional need. These extraordinary financial circumstances are defined as:

We hope this may be of some assistance to you. Thomas Edison State University is committed to helping you attain your academic goals during these difficult times.

Sincerely,
James M. Owens

After TESU took care of all the emergency applications in the last round, they doled out the remaining money to financial aid-eligible students who filled out another form. I imagine that they'll open that up sometime in October.

Thank you VERY much!!
(09-28-2021, 11:32 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 08:03 PM)jch Wrote: Just like last time, they've started by opening up an emergency aid application for students experiencing extraordinary financial circumstances such as significant unexpected expenses, loss of employment or reduced income, or food or housing insecurity. 

Dear <name>,

Sincerely,
James M. Owens

Thank you VERY much!!
So how does this work if you have registered for classes? It says that I have to pay within 24 hours of selecting classes. 
Any help is appreciated!!
Anyone got money for this semester? Asking for my cousin, he enrolled in October, already got his transfer evaluation, and registered for TECEP.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
I haven't heard any updates regarding HEERFS III. As I don't meet the requirements for the special emergency aid, I'm waiting for TESU to open up the remaining balance to financial aid-eligible students.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple Degrees, Higher Pay? techmama 10 905 03-21-2023, 10:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Claiming education expenses on income tax ARhead 10 1,066 03-16-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about General Education Requirements sprout18 6 933 12-11-2021, 10:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Exclamation New General Education Requirements Effective July 1 jch 64 7,669 11-06-2021, 09:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  help with general education requirements takamura 5 929 10-31-2020, 09:04 AM
Last Post: takamura
  Coopersmith's Foundations of Education (EDU-501) as UL for TESU BA of English? pws 11 2,426 08-29-2019, 01:34 PM
  About TESU's General Education Electives romoh 1 970 06-04-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU General Education Course Options pws 8 1,771 04-04-2019, 09:57 AM
  TESU - General Education electives Jimmy999 6 2,643 01-28-2019, 01:28 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Education Courses Transfer natshar 3 1,131 12-23-2018, 02:11 AM