Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Federal Income Taxation Options for TESC?
I'm looking for options to take this, not through TESC (or TECEP), and not through LSU (their course is on Hold).
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

EDIT: Actually, I'll ask this too... what other schools, other then TESC and LSU, may have some decent online accounting courses?

Thanks!
Not Federal Income Taxation, but Penn Foster has a few ACE-approved accounting courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Another option for online Accounting courses is Adams State University www.adams.edu Online Business Courses. The accounting courses are listed under business. They don't have Federal Income Taxation but they have a few courses such as Auditing and Governmental Accounting.
[SIZE="1"]BSBA in Accounting at TESC - Done! :hurray:
Started June 2009 with zero credits, now have 133!

CLEP:
English Literature - 67, Chemistry - 60, Microeconomics - 69, Macroeconomics - 77, U.S. History I - 68, U.S. History II - 64, American Government - 64, Humanities - 68, College Algebra - 64, English Composition - 56, Financial Accounting - 80 Smile, Principles of Management - 74, Intro. Business Law - 73, Principles of Marketing - 79, Info. Systems & Computer Applications - 77

DSST:
Introduction to Business - 446, Human/Cultural Geography - 69, Personal Finance - 463, Principles of Supervision - 443, Organizational Behavior - 76, Human Resource Management - 77, Business Ethics and Society - 468, Principles of Finance - 471, Management Information Systems - 447, Money and Banking - 73

TECEP:
Financial Institutions and Markets, Federal Income Taxation, Strategic Management

Straighterline Course:
Business Communication
[/SIZE]
Publius Wrote:I'm looking for options to take this, not through TESC (or TECEP), and not through LSU (their course is on Hold).
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

EDIT: Actually, I'll ask this too... what other schools, other then TESC and LSU, may have some decent online accounting courses?

Thanks!

Pub, check out Upper Iowa University. They have independent study courses in acct. A little pricey though (over 300 p/cr).

Upper Iowa University - Independent Study - Available Courses

https://secure.electroniccampus.org/stud...ourses.asp
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Columbia college offers accounting classes and they have federal income tax for individuals and corporation. I don't know a whole lot about their classes, but just thought I'd mention it. Looks like it's $240/credit hour.

Columbia College Online Campus Undergraduate Course Schedule (11_51)

Columbia College Online Campus Tuition & Fees
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Liberty University. Eastern Oregon State University may also have it.
University of North Alabama (RA-SACS and ACBSP)
University of North Alabama Professional Accounting Prep Program - Home

They have Federal Taxation I and II as well as some auditing and financial reporting classes. Currently cost is $400 for 3 credits but it is set to increase to $475 on 4/2/13. It looks like they have a slightly flexible timetable for course completion but they still work around a semester schedule so they are not entirely self paced. If you need the classes right away I would jump on them before the price increase.

I saw that someone suggested Penn Foster earlier in this thread. If you intend to sit the CPA exam I would avoid their courses. Most states require that accounting courses come from RA schools. Some even have limits on the amount of distance education you can use to qualify. I would check the regulations for the state where you intend to be licensed to make sure that you will not have issues.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,622 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,698 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
Exclamation 2018/2019 Updated Associates Degree Plan Options?! Mikele8 10 2,939 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,668 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Options for TESU BSBA Gen.Mgt Finance & Business/Society Excellente 5 1,925 06-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Print Options TRUTEX79 2 1,193 04-13-2018, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Johmford
  I'm solidly set on TESU BSBA CIS, Any help figuring out options for a double major? camjenks 5 1,516 03-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Last Post: camjenks
  tips for federal taxation TECEP Zachcleigh 0 904 02-18-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,458 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  UL options for Management Information Systems at TESU allvia 4 2,117 02-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore