Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback on whether to change schools
SDC has a membership structure. Yes you can see all the content, unlimited courses/videos.
To be able to get credit you need the college accelerator membership, which includes 2 final exams. Additional exams (3 extra max) are available at $70 each. If you plan on taking exams elsewhere, perhaps you can use another type of membership to save money. However SDC is also popular because they do offer UL courses, so plan accordingly.
(07-10-2019, 09:34 AM)lacussucceed Wrote: SDC has a membership structure. Yes you can see all the content, unlimited courses/videos.
To be able to get credit you need the college accelerator membership, which includes 2 final exams. Additional exams (3 extra max) are available at $70 each. If you plan on taking exams elsewhere, perhaps you can use another type of membership to save money. However SDC is also popular because they do offer UL courses, so plan accordingly.

Thanks, I think that answers questions #1 and #4. Any answers for #2 and #3?
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
1. So what you're saying is that, while I am enrolled in any SDC courses, I have unlimited access to all other SDC courses but just not the final exams? So I can study their materials (videos and transcripts) and then take the final through Saylor?Please confirm, because that's awesome!
Yes you can, you can even have access with a cheaper type of membership if that' s your goal. However, think about the UL credits also.
2. Also, if I sign up for SDC courses, let's say two for the $200, how much time do I have to complete those courses without paying more money? A month? Longer?
You have 1 month access (and it automatically is continued, so you will be billed every month) Within that month you can see all materials you' d wish and take 2 exams for credit, with the possibility to buy 3 extra at 70 each. You can advance through as many course as you'd like.
3. And can I delay the start of those courses until later?
No, see above. Your access is connected with your paid membership.
4. And if I can delay the start, do I still have access to the other courses (if that's what you're saying) in the meanwhile?
You have access to everything as long as you have a membership.

For more information on the different plans: https://study.com/academy/plans.html
(07-10-2019, 10:03 AM)lacussucceed Wrote: 1. So what you're saying is that, while I am enrolled in any SDC courses, I have unlimited access to all other SDC courses but just not the final exams? So I can study their materials (videos and transcripts) and then take the final through Saylor?Please confirm, because that's awesome!
Yes you can, you can even have access with a cheaper type of membership if that' s your goal. However, think about the UL credits also.
2. Also, if I sign up for SDC courses, let's say two for the $200, how much time do I have to complete those courses without paying more money? A month? Longer?
You have 1 month access (and it automatically is continued, so you will be billed every month) Within that month you can see all materials you' d wish and take 2 exams for credit, with the possibility to buy 3 extra at 70 each. You can advance through as many course as you'd like.
3. And can I delay the start of those courses until later?
No, see above. Your access is connected with your paid membership.
4. And if I can delay the start, do I still have access to the other courses (if that's what you're saying) in the meanwhile?
You have access to everything as long as you have a membership.

For more information on the different plans: https://study.com/academy/plans.html

Great! And thanks for the UL note. I would only use this strategy for subjects that I would otherwise CLEP or DSST, (especially DSST, since there are no vouchers and the study guides don't seem to be thorough enough), when there is no upper level option on SDC.
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
(07-10-2019, 09:30 AM)SCYankee Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 12:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Ways to save some money:
...Org Behavior through Saylor (you can even go through the courses on Study.com when you're doing other courses you plan on paying for the final, but then taking the final on Saylor for $25).

1. So what you're saying is that, while I am enrolled in any SDC courses, I have unlimited access to all other SDC courses but just not the final exams? So I can study their materials (videos and transcripts) and then take the final through Saylor?

True, you can access any course and complete it (without earning college credit) - when you're on the College Accelerator program (the $200 plan) only those that you take (&pass) Exams count towards college credit.  If the course has a College Credit eligible exam it is stated (and you must complete the course quizzes, & any applicable project/papers (which are generally limited to UL credit courses).  You can be enrolled in as many as you'd like at one time.

Please confirm, because that's awesome!

Your membership is per month - it will autorenew until you cancel or pause (you can pause up to 90 days; however if you pause on day 15 it will remain active until day 30 then pause.)  Two exams are included in the $200 fee, and after you use them you can purchase additojnal exams for $70 each (up to a total of 5 exams in one month).  NOTE: Exams do not carry forward, they are 'use or lose' within each months enrollment.

3. And can I delay the start of those courses until later?

You can start/stop any course any time you'd like during your active membership. If you pause (cancel) your membership everything that you had completed previously will remain as it was when you return.

See answers to other questions
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(07-08-2019, 01:00 AM)saraholson Wrote: I just want to continue with my business degree, I no longer really care about a specialization. I just want to get my bachelors out of the way. Thank you all so much.

Everyone has given such good advice & encouragement! 

As far as using Study dot com to study the material and test out somewhere else-you could also sign up for the Premium membership at Study since it's only $60/month vs. $199
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(07-10-2019, 12:00 PM)TwinMom Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 01:00 AM)saraholson Wrote: I just want to continue with my business degree, I no longer really care about a specialization. I just want to get my bachelors out of the way. Thank you all so much.

Everyone has given such good advice & encouragement! 

As far as using Study dot com to study the material and test out somewhere else-you could also sign up for the Premium membership at Study since it's only $60/month vs. $199

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Thanks for confirming it's possible.

Oh, and sorry to double post, but i just realized that many of the Saylor courses are numbered in the 300s and 400s (even the 500s). Wouldn't they qualify for UL credit too?
Working towards:
(07-10-2019, 12:56 PM)SCYankee Wrote:
Oh, and sorry to double post, but i just realized that many of the Saylor courses are numbered in the 300s and 400s (even the 500s). Wouldn't they qualify for UL credit too?

Nope - you go by what the school brings them in as, not what the course provider numbers them.  TESU goes by what ACE says, and none of the Saylor courses is UL except Prin of Finance.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Okay, got it.

That still leaves several options open for taking SDC courses and then finals at Saylor.
Working towards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Feedback nmnyc11 7 1,394 11-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Last Post: nmnyc11