Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling frustrated with TESU
I had decided a few months ago to go ahead and graduate with my ASBA, while trying to complete the BSBA in HR in the allotted 12 months afterwards. I paid all the fees and graduated with the ASBA on 9/11. However, now student support is telling me I am an 'inactive student'... even though I still have the BSBA evaluation when I log in, and I had emailed with them several times confirming I would still be working on my bachelors and wanted to be sure I would remain under my current catalog. I emailed them to ask why I was listed as inactive and they basically brushed me off and told me to ask Student Financial Services. Why would i need to ask them? I paid everything I needed to pay already...

I am so weary of dealing with things like this and having to fight for every little detail. I have always felt like I could never fully trust what TESU advisors had to say, as they often contradicted each other. And now here we are again. I was told I would stay enrolled even after I graduated with the ASBA, but clearly I am not.

I would understand this if it was a normal thing and accept it, if I had not specifically been told I would remain enrolled and not have to do anything further as long as I finished my classes and applied for graduation for my BSBA on time.... uggghhhh Sad
(09-24-2020, 06:52 PM)saraholson Wrote: I had decided a few months ago to go ahead and graduate with my ASBA, while trying to complete the BSBA in HR in the allotted 12 months afterwards. I paid all the fees and graduated with the ASBA on 9/11. However, now student support is telling me I am an 'inactive student'... even though I still have the BSBA evaluation when I log in, and I had emailed with them several times confirming I would still be working on my bachelors and wanted to be sure I would remain under my current catalog. I emailed them to ask why I was listed as inactive and they basically brushed me off and told me to ask Student Financial Services. Why would i need to ask them? I paid everything I needed to pay already...

I am so weary of dealing with things like this and having to fight for every little detail. I have always felt like I could never fully trust what TESU advisors had to say, as they often contradicted each other. And now here we are again. I was told I would stay enrolled even after I graduated with the ASBA, but clearly I am not.

I would understand this if it was a normal thing and accept it, if I had not specifically been told I would remain enrolled and not have to do anything further as long as I finished my classes and applied for graduation for my BSBA on time.... uggghhhh Sad

I would forward one of the emails to TESU again, and ask what is going on?  Keep calling or writing until you get the right person.  You know the squeaky wheel gets the grease type thing.  They might want you to reapply though since typically when people graduate they are done??  It could also mean that inactive just means you are not signed up for a course?  Can  you still sign up for a course if you try?

For what it is worth, I agree with you a bit on the advisors.  Recently, I had a course removed from my degree plan after I called with an unrelated question.  I asked why, and the response was, "Better now then later?"  Some of the advisors are not friendly.  I also had one advisor though that gave me her personal phone # and email.  She said call her any time I need anything, and she is glad to help.  She gave me one piece of wrong info in an introductory meeting, but I found her so helpful.  So just keep trying!
How long has it been since you took a TESU course or a TECEP? You have to take one every 12 months and I don't think the residency waiver counts. If it hasn't been 12 months since you took a class, that's clearly not the issue.
Sorry to hear that. Don’t give up though! This process is frustrating, expensive and time consuming. That’s why everybody doesn’t have a degree.
(09-24-2020, 06:52 PM)saraholson Wrote: I had decided a few months ago to go ahead and graduate with my ASBA, while trying to complete the BSBA in HR in the allotted 12 months afterwards. I paid all the fees and graduated with the ASBA on 9/11. However, now student support is telling me I am an 'inactive student'... even though I still have the BSBA evaluation when I log in, and I had emailed with them several times confirming I would still be working on my bachelors and wanted to be sure I would remain under my current catalog. I emailed them to ask why I was listed as inactive and they basically brushed me off and told me to ask Student Financial Services. Why would i need to ask them? I paid everything I needed to pay already...

Hey Sarah,
I can understand your frustration. I hope it's just an error on their part. Good luck and let is us know if they fixed it for you. I sure hope so!

I wonder if maybe....it's something to do with a fee that is unpaid? Maybe not, just curious why they are referring you to "Student Financial Services." Hopefully it's a simple fix.
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials
Maybe CALL them instead of emailing them. Emails get lost and are lost in translation.
And, they are not the fastest to respond to email. 

I would call them. You can even schedule a call.
When you 'graduate', you are no longer an active student. You can pay the application fee and reapply as a degree-seeking student to continue your credit banking or progress towards a bachelor's degree.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
Congratulations on graduating with your Associates Degree!   Just call TESU and make your inquiry there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrianFallon's post:
  • CableGuy98
I always call and have never had an issue. Set up an appointment online.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 259 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch