Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin Charged in College Admissions Cheating Scheme
Actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin were charged for bribing test proctors and college personnel to get their children into prestigious colleges. Huffman paid $15,000 to get a test proctor to change her daughter's SAT answers. Loughlin and her husband paid $500,000 to get their daughters into USC. Loughlin's husband was also charged. A total of 46 people, including 33 parents, were charged for cheating on exams and getting their kids into college with fake athletic credentials. 

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/03/12/l...nford-usc/

And, I really liked Felicity Huffman on Desperate Housewives.  Sad
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(03-12-2019, 10:53 AM)sanantone Wrote: And, I really liked Felicity Huffman on Desperate Housewives.  Sad

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I'm sure this is more rampant. It just makes me wonder how many instances of this HAVEN'T been caught.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 2 users Like quigongene's post:
  • cookderosa, MSK9
sanantone Wrote:Actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin were charged...

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/03/12/l...nford-usc/

And, I really liked Felicity Huffman on Desperate Housewives.  Sad

With all that money, I thought the student could have gone to TESU & WGU for their undergrad (yes, get all the degrees humanly possible from the two schools), then get another degree at Harvard at a Masters level (using the extended school) for the prestige and even go for Purdue Global for their MBA... or a comparable local state university, it really hurt their chances at life now... that it's been exposed (sigh).

They could have used the $ to open doors for "better things" in life, like networking with potential employers or even create their own business and have their children "practice/learn" in that new corporate environment (that is if they're taking Business). I don't know what parents are thinking these days, I really liked the both of them too (heck, I still think Lori Loughlin and Christie Brinkley are sisters for some reason, it crossed my mind they look so much alike)...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Aunt Becky, no!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • dfrecore
USC is not worth $500k!!! I mean really, what is the point of this?

Their girls would have been better off if they would have gone to community college and a local 4-yr state school and the parents just gave them each $250k to invest. That whole thing was just monumentally stupid.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You would think these two could have done it the old fashioned way...funding an endowment.  Big Grin 

It's essentially the same thing, but legitimate.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • jsd, mysonx3
Huffman was cheap. She only spent $15k to cheat on the SAT.

These parents think their families are too good for CCs, Directional State U, and Podunk State U even though their kids are average, at best. One of Loughlin's daughters only wants to go to college to party. Aunt Becky and her husband wanted their daughters to go to college because they didn't.

When you're an actor or own a fashion company, you don't have to worry about having a criminal record. They'll probably pay a fine and get probation or deferred adjudication.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(03-13-2019, 10:56 AM)sanantone Wrote: These parents think their families are too good for CCs, Directional State U, and Podunk State U even though their kids are average, at best. One of Loughlin's daughters only wants to go to college to party. Aunt Becky and her husband wanted their daughters to go to college because they didn't.

Honestly, raising rich entitled spoiled kids is just the worst thing you can do to them.  I like to tell my kids "I can't care more about your life than you do."  They have to want this stuff, and to work really hard to get it (and maybe be disappointed if they don't).  They'll be better for it in the long run.  My son asked "so how much do you think it would cost to bribe me into the USNA?" And my answer was, zero, because even if it was $500, I wouldn't pay it.  You either get in on your merits or you don't, and figure something else out.

Also, if your kid can't get into a school because their grades aren't good enough or their SAT scores aren't high enough - how do they think those same students will fare at the school once they're in?  I'm guessing the bribery would have to continue, course by course, in order for them to graduate.  Good plan.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • ISKBizz15, Sapientes
(03-14-2019, 01:23 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 10:56 AM)sanantone Wrote: These parents think their families are too good for CCs, Directional State U, and Podunk State U even though their kids are average, at best. One of Loughlin's daughters only wants to go to college to party. Aunt Becky and her husband wanted their daughters to go to college because they didn't.

Honestly, raising rich entitled spoiled kids is just the worst thing you can do to them.  I like to tell my kids "I can't care more about your life than you do."  They have to want this stuff, and to work really hard to get it (and maybe be disappointed if they don't).  They'll be better for it in the long run.  My son asked "so how much do you think it would cost to bribe me into the USNA?" And my answer was, zero, because even if it was $500, I wouldn't pay it.  You either get in on your merits or you don't, and figure something else out.

Also, if your kid can't get into a school because their grades aren't good enough or their SAT scores aren't high enough - how do they think those same students will fare at the school once they're in?  I'm guessing the bribery would have to continue, course by course, in order for them to graduate.  Good plan.

Grade inflation is common at the elite schools. Jared Kushner neither had the grades nor SAT scores to get into Harvard, but his father made a $2.5 million donation. Kushner graduated with honors during a year that an unusually high number of Harvard graduates got honors. The president's high school has, literally, hidden his school records so that current employees won't have access to them, and he won't release his SAT scores. His father probably paid his way into UPenn.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
8 elite schools hit with first lawsuit in massive college admissions bribery scam

- Olsen contends she had been damaged by the admissions scandal because her degree from Stanford "is now not worth as much as it was before, because prospective employers may now question whether she was admitted to the university on her own merits, versus having parents who were willing to bribe school officials."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/elite-schools-...d=61679252
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the difference between College and University (USA) Personherebb9 8 1,285 12-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  College of Golf Alpha 5 676 09-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Richest US College Alpha 6 897 09-09-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  What does college look like in 10...20 years? cardiacclep 10 1,452 08-25-2022, 04:48 AM
Last Post: MitchellHolst
  College of Winterhold Alpha 1 516 07-28-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  College grad paralyzed after chiropractor visit bjcheung77 5 876 07-16-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Bullying in College , What do I do next? 2L8 15 11,740 06-03-2022, 06:27 AM
Last Post: stephaniesmith44
  Has anyone taken a math course at community college? picgirl27 2 697 04-03-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: picgirl27
  What Is College Worth in The Media Industry? Kal Di 6 1,079 02-28-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  College Tour Alpha 0 563 12-16-2021, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Alpha