Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally got eval back advice wanted BACS TESU
Got my eval back and I'm going to have to admit, Brian at TESU is on the ball helping me with all the questions I have in regards to my classes and eval's, very fast and friendly!  Several classes I have in Criminal Justice ended up moving into slots I didn't know about so I am a lot further along than I thought.  With that being said I've attached my current eval and classes I have coming up.  I am wanting advice on the 2 General Education classes still needed.  I was thinking Western Civilizations I & II at SL.com but am open to pretty much anything (not to worried about cost).  I would prefer for it to be on SL.com if possible since I really like their format or if there is another similar format.

For the Computer Science Elective required courses if anyone has any other suggestions here I'd like to see them as well.  I'd really like to get more programming courses if possible (php, mysql, python, ruby) would be fun.  

Also, I'd like to thank bjcheung77 for his BACS plan I got most of my information from there.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU_BACS.xlsx (Size: 10.88 KB / Downloads: 47)
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
For the CS elective, what about SL's C++ class?

For the Gen Ed elective there are a ton of options. I haven't personally taken anything at SL so can't recommend what would be fastest.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Only issue with SL's C++ class is I would need to ditch either the C or Java class and I really want the Java so it'd have to be C. Maybe someone familiar with both could chime in on which one should be looked at more and potentially help more down the line C or C++?
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
Hmm, you can take the two courses Western Civilizations I & II at SL.com OR, you can take the SL's C++ class and another course, maybe Fundamentals of IT.  All four are "general education" courses you can use as gen ed electives or comp science electives.  My recommendation is to take more computer science courses from Study.com - I am taking everything Study.com has for CIS/CS, especially the Upper Level courses.  Since you're going to get into Comp Sci, I would take as many as you can, so you get more familiar with those programming languages that you're interested in... for example, you can ditch the Western Civ I&II in favor of the two comp science courses instead.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-31-2019, 05:39 PM)darthweezy Wrote: Only issue with SL's C++ class is I would need to ditch either the C or Java class and I really want the Java so it'd have to be C.  Maybe someone familiar with both could chime in on which one should be looked at more and potentially help more down the line C or C++?

C++ is more marketable, and it's sort of a superset of C, anyway, so if you learn C++, you'll understand C to an extent. Ideally, you'd learn both, but you would only use C in an embedded micro-controller type of environment.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(01-31-2019, 07:31 PM)davewill Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 05:39 PM)darthweezy Wrote: Only issue with SL's C++ class is I would need to ditch either the C or Java class and I really want the Java so it'd have to be C.  Maybe someone familiar with both could chime in on which one should be looked at more and potentially help more down the line C or C++?

C++ is more marketable, and it's sort of a superset of C, anyway, so if you learn C++, you'll understand C to an extent. Ideally, you'd learn both, but you would only use C in an embedded micro-controller type of environment.

C (and C++) are still used in game development as well. I've developed a lot of online games and infrastructure, and most of the time the server-side code is in C while the client code is in C++. But I agree, if you learn C++ you'll learn C as well, but unless you know the differences between them, you won't be able to write standalone C applications.

I'm old school, so I learned C before C++ and tend to default to C when I'm writing something quick and dirty... at least when a scripting language won't do what I want.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Cant go wrong with C. With all the hype around IoT and Robotics if you go into the microcontroller side of things there is money to be made since many devs struggle with writing efficent C code these days.

C and Java are good choices.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on transferring to WGU out of SNHU dlachance1977 5 125 03-26-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,845 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 280 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 557 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 371 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 17 1,020 03-18-2024, 05:21 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Advice: Associates Chilow 14 1,274 03-17-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 853 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 629 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 169 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP