Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally received my assessment from TESC :-)
I finally received my assessment from TESC for BSBA :willynilly:

It pretty much agreed with my evaluation of what courses I had remaining to take, except they are going to require Into to CIS which I find funny because I've done everything from accounting, web design, graphic design, database managment, programming to building my own computer. So I guess its a great opportunity for me to take an easy DSST.

Should I be worried that they didn't have my Principles of Marketing transcript from Saylor that I requested around 3 weeks ago? They did have all my DSSTs (except my most recent that I took on Friday), my ALEKS, and my CLEP.

Also, please give me a quick refresher on how GPA' are achieved at TESC, or could you please post links to the relevant threads? I came in with a 4.0 GPA from my community college courses, but I'm unclear, will that carry over to my final degree? Or do I need NEW college classes to transfer in more recent GPA's?

Thanks everyone!hilarious
BSU -ABA Certificate Program --In Progress

BSBA from TESC Sept 2014
I completed 63 credits in 15 weeks using this forum!

AAS -Web Design 2003
82.5 BM credits over 10 years old

DSST: 2012 -Geology 58; 2014 -Money and Banking 64, Ethics in America 465, Intro to Computing 474, Business Ethics & Society 453, Human Resource Management 64, Organizational Behavior 68, Management Information Systems 461
CLEP: 2013 -Sociology 58, US History I 65; 2014 Macroeconomics 71, Microeconomics 66, Principles of Management 72, Business Law 67
SAYLOR: 2014 -Principles of Marketing 80%, -Corporate Communication 74%
ALEKS: Introduction to Statistics 76% (23 hours study time over 5 days)
Empire State College PLA of Saylor Small Bus. Man. 4 Upper Level Credits Awarded
Straighterline: ACC I 90.1%, ACC II 82.2%
PennFoster -Strategic Management 93%, Financial Management 97%, Consumer Behavior 94%, Advertising 93%
TECEP using IC flashcards: Public Relations Thought and Practice 78%
TESC PLA 100
You only get a GPA from TESC based on classes you take with them.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
You only get a GPA from TESC based on online and guided study courses (this includes the introductory PLA courses). You will not get a grade for TECEPs, ePacks, or portfolio assessments. If and when you apply for graduate school, most of them will calculate a GPA based on all of your transcripts.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Congrats, Zen. I just scheduled my Saylor Marketing exams for 20 April. Wouldn't want to wait 3 weeks for result to be added to my credits...
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Since I transferred all my courses to TESC and will be completing the remaining credits via TECEP, I won't be having a GPA. I hope that this'll not be a problem though... If graduate school will calculate one's GPA from all transcripts, I think I should be safe...
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Saharapost Wrote:Since I transferred all my courses to TESC and will be completing the remaining credits via TECEP, I won't be having a GPA. I hope that this'll not be a problem though... If graduate school will calculate one's GPA from all transcripts, I think I should be safe...

Yes but check.
Just a note: I had paid for and applied to take a TECEP. I later didn't feel ready for it and withdrew. There is now a 'W' on my transcript for the semester I applied. Its not the end of the world, just a note to anyone who will drop several teceps, it can look on paper like you dropped a semester.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,268 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,580 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Thumbs Up Finished My Bachelors, Received My Diploma! keepsingin 8 2,155 07-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Last Post: alleycat
  TESU Assessment Updated? Cheeseburrito 13 2,757 05-11-2018, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  I finally get to create this thread...! Joeman200 9 1,913 03-17-2018, 09:18 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Finally! Finishing TESU BA in Computer Science by May! Wittiest 5 1,375 02-24-2018, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rlw74
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,417 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,157 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,954 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  finally done! CM1999 9 1,496 01-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77