Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finance Degree @ TESU w/Sophia
Pages on TESU only show options for the courses that they specifically offer. However, they will allow similar courses to fill those requirements. They do not have a generic "studying religions" class offered directly so they have given the Sophia course a course designation that doesn't correspond to anything they have. You don't need REL-405 for a finance degree. Sophia's offering will work just fine.

For the general education requirements, check https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

I will try to get a Finance degree plan spun up in a few hours. I'm working on revamping all the plans currently on the wiki.

Finance degree plan now on the wiki here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-18-2020, 11:22 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Pages on TESU only show options for the courses that they specifically offer. However, they will allow similar courses to fill those requirements. They do not have a generic "studying religions" class offered directly so they have given the Sophia course a course designation that doesn't correspond to anything they have. You don't need REL-405 for a finance degree. Sophia's offering will work just fine.

For the general education requirements, check https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

I will try to get a Finance degree plan spun up in a few hours. I'm working on revamping all the plans currently on the wiki.

Finance degree plan now on the wiki here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

Thanks! I actually just finished creating my plan and I'm now comparing it to the one you made.

You have business law listed under sophia.org but from what I can tell sophia doesnt have a business law course?

Also what is LL and UL? The plan doesn't include gen ed stuff right? So I'd just use the plan I already made for those 610 credits?
Sophia does have Business Law. See here: https://www.sophia.org/online-courses/business-law

LL is lower level, UL is upper level. Each degree MUST have a certain number of upper level credits. You can go over this minimum requirement but you are not allowed to have fewer UL credits and still graduate.

That page doesn't have gen ed stuff, no. Check out the roadmap page linked to at the top to make sure that your plan will fit within what's known to be accepted.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(12-19-2020, 09:49 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Sophia does have Business Law. See here: https://www.sophia.org/online-courses/business-law

LL is lower level, UL is upper level. Each degree MUST have a certain number of upper level credits. You can go over this minimum requirement but you are not allowed to have fewer UL credits and still graduate.

That page doesn't have gen ed stuff, no. Check out the roadmap page linked to at the top to make sure that your plan will fit within what's known to be accepted.

Ah, I had to refresh my browser. It's new I guess? Wasn't showing up before. Here's what I got so far.

I. General Education Requirements (60)
A. Intellectual and Practical Skills (15)
Written Communication
(6) English Comp 1&2 (Sophia)
Oral Communication
(3) Technical Communication (TECP)
Quantitative Literacy
(3) College Algebra (TECP/TEL)
Information Literacy
SOS-110: Critical Information Literacy (TESU Class)
(3) 
B. Civic and Global Learning (9)
Diversity
(3) Intro to Sociology (Sophia)
Ethics
(3) Intro to Ethics (Sophia)
Civic Engagement
(3) American Government (TEL)
C. Knowledge of Human Cultures 
(9) U.S History 1&2 (TEL), Public Speaking (Sophia)
D. Understanding the Physical and Natural World
(4-7) Intro to Biology (TEL), Chem 1+lab (TEL)
E. Mathematics
(3) Intro to stats ( Sophia)
F. General Education Electives
(18) Not sure yet.

The only thing I'm fuzz on is if the intro to ethics course on Sophia can go where I put it, and if I need to just enroll in SOS-110 at TESU because it seems to be the only option? I should have 25 RA credits here. Lastly, can I just put whatever classes I want for the last 18 gen ed electives? I was hoping I could just fill them with random Sophia classes to save money.
Yes, Sophia's Intro to Ethics fits right where it is.

SOS-110 is the cornerstone class. It is required to come from TESU. It looks like you have 8 RA courses that are not SOS-110, that's exactly what you need.

You don't have to pay for the Chemistry Lab unless you really want to. TESU doesn't require a lab course.

If you do everything at Sophia that doesn't overlap with what you're doing at TEL (for instance, skip US History at Sophia because you're doing that at TEL), that should fill up your electives. Also, don't do the foundations course or college readiness. They won't transfer in.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(12-19-2020, 10:33 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, Sophia's Intro to Ethics fits right where it is.

SOS-110 is the cornerstone class. It is required to come from TESU. It looks like you have 8 RA courses that are not SOS-110, that's exactly what you need.

You don't have to pay for the Chemistry Lab unless you really want to. TESU doesn't require a lab course.

If you do everything at Sophia that doesn't overlap with what you're doing at TEL (for instance, skip US History at Sophia because you're doing that at TEL), that should fill up your electives. Also, don't do the foundations course or college readiness. They won't transfer in.

Isn't this only 7 RA if SOS-110 doesnt count? 

Oh, I just put the lab their to hit 7 credits because I need at least 4 and the only classes in that requirment that had 4 was something with a lab.
You need 24 RA credits which works out to 8 courses. Add the capstone and cornerstone, 30 total. The lab is 1 credit and has no bearing on anything. Not taking it will save you a little money.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,309 4 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 524 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 476 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 360 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az