Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find out how RA credit transfers to TESU
(07-13-2021, 11:27 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 09:41 AM)jch Wrote: Bad news everyone. TESU responded to me stating that they will no longer be offering this tool. Now, you'll have to speak with an advisor to see how things will transfer.

How exactly does that work? Advisors don't determine what is transfer eligible. We see sooooo many posts on here where advisors gave the wrong info.

You're right, it doesn't really work. They're expecting students to get things cleared by the less-than-helpful advisors. Here's the full email response:

Quote:Thank you for your message. I apologize for your frustration. We are no longer offering this tool. As an enrolled student, you can easily check to be sure that courses you wish to take elsewhere will be acceptable for your program by either making an appointment with an academic advisor pr by emailing the courses you want to take with their institutions to enrolled@tesu.edu. An advisor will let you know if they are acceptable for your program. Also, if you are wanting to take courses at a NJ community college, you can check the equivalencies here: https://www.njtransfer.org/ Please let me know if you have any further questions. Best wishes.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • Arto
I feel sorry for anyone who knew about that tool but who doesn't know about DegreeForum. I got questioned why I, with the ASNSM Math in my degree plan, would want to take more math classes because my BA CS math requirements were already met. Yeah. Okay, then.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I'm going to say that the best you can do at this point is to come here to ask questions, or apply to TESU and transfer in all of your courses. I wouldn't spend 30 seconds talking to an advisor about how things will come in.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hi all,
I’m new here and just planned out my BA in Psych from TESU. Then I saw they changed their policy to only allow 90 credits from ACE type sources, and the new 30 credit RA policy. I’m curious:

If I have 39 credits from ASU and the 6 from TESU, does that mean I can still finish my degree using Sophia, SDC and others for the remaining 75? Or am I missing something?

Thank you.
(08-24-2021, 05:18 PM)sapphiredawn Wrote: Hi all,
I’m new here and just planned out my BA in Psych from TESU. Then I saw they changed their policy to only allow 90 credits from ACE type sources, and the new 30 credit RA policy. I’m curious:

If I have 39 credits from ASU and the 6 from TESU, does that mean I can still finish my degree using Sophia, SDC and others for the remaining 75? Or am I missing something?

Thank you.

Yes, you're good. The ASU and TESU credits are RA, so won't have an issue.
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
Thank you so much for your help! Smile
It seemed to good for be true. I did 8 Sophia courses last year in a few weeks.
(07-04-2020, 12:59 AM)natshar Wrote: Just go to: https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/transfer-credit

If you have RA credit you can just type in the name of the school and it will tell you how the classes come in. Super easy for degree planning. Doesn't work with all classes at all schools, but there is a lot.

I've known about this for a while, but I just realized this could be helpful to some of you, so thought I'd share it.
What am I doing wrong? After clicking the link you provided, where do I type in the school name?

(07-04-2020, 12:59 AM)natshar Wrote: Just go to: https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/transfer-credit

If you have RA credit you can just type in the name of the school and it will tell you how the classes come in. Super easy for degree planning. Doesn't work with all classes at all schools, but there is a lot.

I've known about this for a while, but I just realized this could be helpful to some of you, so thought I'd share it.
What am I doing wrong? After clicking the link you provided, where do I type in the school name?
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
Unfortunately, TESU discontinued this tool.
If you have questions, you can start a thread that lists your credits and what school they come from. We can make pretty good educated guesses as to what they'll come in as at TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,577 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 269 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Where to Find Calculus 3 sarahmac 26 1,618 02-29-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP