Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding Peer-Reviewed Sources
(10-23-2018, 07:24 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: I did well on the final, so I just submitted my papers.

Hopefully it's enough to pass. If not, I guess I will have to resubmit them.

I'm sure you did fine on the papers. But since you did well on the final, then I definitely think it's enough to pass. 
They grade the papers very quickly. At least they did in my case.
(10-23-2018, 10:42 PM)Jenna.C Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 07:24 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: I did well on the final, so I just submitted my papers.

Hopefully it's enough to pass. If not, I guess I will have to resubmit them.

I'm sure you did fine on the papers. But since you did well on the final, then I definitely think it's enough to pass. 
They grade the papers very quickly. At least they did in my case.

This is my first time using SDC. I still haven't received credit for my exam I completed on the weekend. I took the LL Vietnam course first. 

Do you recommend doing the other history courses? I know very little about the civil war and the holocaust course looks to have 3 assignments. The topics for those look kinda tough compared to the Vietnam course. 

*Edit you were right about being quick to mark assignments, already received them back! Not bad at all.

They don't actually mark up the actual essays though, like Straighterline does? All that was included were the rubrics and comments.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(10-24-2018, 08:25 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: This is my first time using SDC. I still haven't received credit for my exam I completed on the weekend. I took the LL Vietnam course first. 

Do you recommend doing the other history courses? I know very little about the civil war and the holocaust course looks to have 3 assignments. The topics for those look kinda tough compared to the Vietnam course. 

*Edit you were right about being quick to mark assignments, already received them back! Not bad at all.

They don't actually mark up the actual essays though, like Straighterline does? All that was included were the rubrics and comments.

-Yeah, they just use the rubric and the comments. They've never marked anything on my papers.

-They take longer to give official grades for the exam. I think it's always taken over a week in my case. 

-I highly recommend the other courses. I personally love history, but I don't think you need to know a lot about the subjects. They do a good job about starting at the beginning and keeping it pretty simple.
Yes, the Holocaust course does have three assignments and yes, I found that to be super annoying.But I didn't necessarily find any of the essays harder. I think I found the found the essays for the Civil War the easiest out of all three classes. 
If you choose to take them, I can share with you some of the sources I used.
(10-24-2018, 11:45 AM)Jenna.C Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 08:25 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: This is my first time using SDC. I still haven't received credit for my exam I completed on the weekend. I took the LL Vietnam course first. 

-Yeah, they just use the rubric and the comments. They've never marked anything on my papers.

-They take longer to give official grades for the exam. I think it's always taken over a week in my case. 

-I highly recommend the other courses. I personally love history, but I don't think you need to know a lot about the subjects. They do a good job about starting at the beginning and keeping it pretty simple.
Yes, the Holocaust course does have three assignments and yes, I found that to be super annoying.But I didn't necessarily find any of the essays harder. I think I found the found the essays for the Civil War the easiest out of all three classes. 
If you choose to take them, I can share with you some of the sources I used.
Thank you! I may take criminal justice next to break it up a bit. After that, maybe I will do the civil war course. It seems like it has a lot of chapters though... 

I wish they had ww2 history courses!
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(10-24-2018, 12:52 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Thank you! I may take criminal justice next to break it up a bit. After that, maybe I will do the civil war course. It seems like it has a lot of chapters though... 

I wish they had ww2 history courses!

Okay, just let me know. You can message me if you decide to take it. 
It is a lot of chapters, but it is very interesting.

The Holocaust class does have some information about World War 2. An entire course about it would be cool.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New credit sources on Coursera rachel83az 66 9,203 09-16-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Blckbuster
  Help finding an accounting course cdickerson0601 6 954 01-19-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Which WGU transfer sources are the quickest? AW84 2 1,003 08-08-2021, 03:34 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  How do these alternative credit sources come in to the Big 3? Graded or Pass/Fail studyingfortests 5 1,077 04-22-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  InstantCert Now Offers ACE Reviewed Courses sgloer 50 10,125 06-18-2020, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Request for help with finding correct Shmoop courses Maelynn 3 1,250 03-17-2018, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Are there any sources for Cell Biology, Biology I/II, Chem I/II, Organic Chem I/II? Pelican 4 1,565 03-13-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: icampy
  TESU Equivalencies for all alternative credit sources? kevinmane 8 4,263 02-08-2018, 11:26 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  What is the format of available sources of alternative credit? Pelican 3 1,159 01-17-2018, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  What are some affordable sources of UL credit for a BA in Natural Sciences? Pelican 2 1,184 12-30-2017, 02:25 PM
Last Post: dfrecore