Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished MS-CSIA!
Great job! Congrats on the Masters!  I was just curious why you decided on COSC to get the BA CJ/PSY?  Since you're at TESU, it maybe cheaper to get the BSBA and BA CJ/PSY together.  At COSC, you need to take the cornerstone and capstone, for the BA combo at TESU, you just need the Capstone, all else should be transferable into the degree just like COSC.  I think the degree requirements might be slightly different... If you're going for the 16-18 credit residency instead of paying the residency waiver at TESU - then take the CJ/PSY courses that can't be transferred in cheaply.

And for those interested in the PenTest+ Beta: https://www.comptia.org/certifications/pentest and https://home.pearsonvue.com/comptia
And for EC-Council's CHFI, here's the info: https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/compu...ator-chfi/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-21-2021, 12:03 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Great job! Congrats on the Masters!  I was just curious why you decided on COSC to get the BA CJ/PSY?  Since you're at TESU, it maybe cheaper to get the BSBA and BA CJ/PSY together.  At COSC, you need to take the cornerstone and capstone, for the BA combo at TESU, you just need the Capstone, all else should be transferable into the degree just like COSC.  I think the degree requirements might be slightly different... If you're going for the 16-18 credit residency instead of paying the residency waiver at TESU - then take the CJ/PSY courses that can't be transferred in cheaply.

And for those interested in the PenTest+ Beta: https://www.comptia.org/certifications/pentest and https://home.pearsonvue.com/comptia
And for EC-Council's CHFI, here's the info: https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/compu...ator-chfi/

No logical reason, it just sounds fun.  And, if I were to get a dual-degree from TESU, I'd combine that one with a BA-CS and still do the other two at COSC.  It's my understanding though, that dual degrees from TESU have to be different majors but still from the same school.  I could be wrong though, so would appreciate some enlightenment on this.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
TESU will only allow two associates and two bachelors.  Some people do double degrees from the same school and basically choose a different major they have interest in; essentially, they need to add both degrees into their program list.  For example, they graduate with a BA CJ and a BA PSY which is from the same school. 

A dual degree can also be different majors in a different school, for example, a BSBA and a BACS.  A double major is always from the same school, a BA CJ/PSY, the only difference between this and the double degree is applying for a double major when graduating, otherwise TESU will mark it as two degrees if both are on your program list...

For the cost, energy, speed to finish at COSC, a comparable option would be going for a Masters CJ & PSY, one after the other at Walden, each term is roughly $2700 for 3 month all you can take courses.  Instead of having two Bachelors from COSC, you can see if two Masters will be better, especially if you can score a discount - they sometimes offer 50% off the life of the program.

And on that note, Walden has a FREE term for their MBA program, you can apply for it, take the courses and transfer them into the AOS for your TESU BSBA GM.  Really - I mean, FREE term, all you can take courses in 3 months, you could probably hit at least 3 credits and upwards to half the entire degree if you're fast, but don't rush yourself.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • jamshid666
(05-21-2021, 06:34 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: TESU will only allow two associates and two bachelors.  Some people do double degrees from the same school and basically choose a different major they have interest in; essentially, they need to add both degrees into their program list.  For example, they graduate with a BA CJ and a BA PSY which is from the same school. 

A dual degree can also be different majors in a different school, for example, a BSBA and a BACS.  A double major is always from the same school, a BA CJ/PSY, the only difference between this and the double degree is applying for a double major when graduating, otherwise TESU will mark it as two degrees if both are on your program list...

For the cost, energy, speed to finish at COSC, a comparable option would be going for a Masters CJ & PSY, one after the other at Walden, each term is roughly $2700 for 3 month all you can take courses.  Instead of having two Bachelors from COSC, you can see if two Masters will be better, especially if you can score a discount - they sometimes offer 50% off the life of the program.

And on that note, Walden has a FREE term for their MBA program, you can apply for it, take the courses and transfer them into the AOS for your TESU BSBA GM.  Really - I mean, FREE term, all you can take courses in 3 months, you could probably hit at least 3 credits and upwards to half the entire degree if you're fast, but don't rush yourself.

I wonder if it's possible to finish the entire program in one term?  That would be some hard-core acceleration, but it would be fun to try.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My WGU BS-CSIA Journey Life_One 19 6,267 04-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Life_One