Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished my Bachelors now onto my graduate
Hi there!

I'm not super "active" on this forum any longer. Mostly because my time is divided so much I barely spend time on anything social. But I did want to say a huge thank you to the MANY veterans of this website that have built it up into something so valuable. Heart I don't think I would have any bothered to consider getting my degree if it wasn't for the people here providing advice, guidance, and motivation.  Big Grin sooo THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! 

I finished my Bachelor's of Arts in Entrepreneurship ( With a certificate in Visual Communication) in March . I finished in just under 3 years starting from nothing at all. I tried doing the many credit-earning options but time never allowed me to actually "study" . I learned after paying for 6 months that I need guidance and assignments/ structure vs freedom. 

I got my degree at APUS. It's about $900 per course.  It provided the best FASFA options for me. Plus their website layout was easy on my eyes. I was able to change my degree without stress and judgment. Many of the courses were "just right" for me in the way they were action-based instead of research based. Plus my classmates all understood commitment because it's a military school as well. 

So in August our family was having a hard time. The debate for my husband and I was to go ahead and go for my master's or to get a job. I went with a master's degree...because duh ... why not? 

I tried going for a master's in management but after one class I was like OMG this is not for me.  I didn't think I could stick with that subject for the next 2 years. I learned so much still.  I changed my degree to my true love -- entrepreneurship. Sucks to have wasted 2 months on a course that won't count for my degree but oh well. 

My biggest piece of advice for those new to this degree stuff, that might also be mom's of 3 and might also be over 30 years old is it's not as hard as it seems when you start out. Online college just takes lots of planning. So once you get your planning/ schedule organized it becomes a smooth predictable routine that leads to your success. 

Thanks again everyone! I'll be back again when I finish my masters!  Smile
[-] The following 8 users Like sweetcrabhoney's post:
  • allvia, davewill, MrBossmanJr, Muldoon, Nilv, nomaduser, ss20ts, tesu-acct-student
Congrats! Way to go!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Congratulations! Where are you going to grad school?
Great job! That's awesome, I'm also curious where you're planning to take your Masters... Congrats again!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-11-2020, 04:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Great job! That's awesome, I'm also curious where you're planning to take your Masters...  Congrats again!

I did forget to say that.sorry I'm going to the same college. APUS.
[-] The following 2 users Like sweetcrabhoney's post:
  • nomaduser, ss20ts
Congratulations! May I know, whether you are a US or International? I am thinking to take a grad certificate course at APUS
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
(11-11-2020, 07:53 PM)asianphd Wrote: Congratulations! May I know, whether you are a US or International? I am thinking to take a grad certificate course at APUS

Thanks...  Located in the states.  Smile
I'm a mom I'm a wife
I'm pregnant with baby #3!
I'm a African American women
I'm a nail tech as of 1/6/2017!
Now onto getting my bachelors degree!
Finally the future looks bright!
Congratulations! Keep going!
(11-11-2020, 03:19 PM)sweetcrabhoney Wrote: Hi there!

I'm not super "active" on this forum any longer. Mostly because my time is divided so much I barely spend time on anything social. But I did want to say a huge thank you to the MANY veterans of this website that have built it up into something so valuable. Heart I don't think I would have any bothered to consider getting my degree if it wasn't for the people here providing advice, guidance, and motivation.  Big Grin sooo THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! 

I finished my Bachelor's of Arts in Entrepreneurship ( With a certificate in Visual Communication) in March . I finished in just under 3 years starting from nothing at all. I tried doing the many credit-earning options but time never allowed me to actually "study" . I learned after paying for 6 months that I need guidance and assignments/ structure vs freedom. 

I got my degree at APUS. It's about $900 per course.  It provided the best FASFA options for me. Plus their website layout was easy on my eyes. I was able to change my degree without stress and judgment. Many of the courses were "just right" for me in the way they were action-based instead of research based. Plus my classmates all understood commitment because it's a military school as well. 

So in August our family was having a hard time. The debate for my husband and I was to go ahead and go for my master's or to get a job. I went with a master's degree...because duh ... why not? 

I tried going for a master's in management but after one class I was like OMG this is not for me.  I didn't think I could stick with that subject for the next 2 years. I learned so much still.  I changed my degree to my true love -- entrepreneurship. Sucks to have wasted 2 months on a course that won't count for my degree but oh well. 

My biggest piece of advice for those new to this degree stuff, that might also be mom's of 3 and might also be over 30 years old is it's not as hard as it seems when you start out. Online college just takes lots of planning. So once you get your planning/ schedule organized it becomes a smooth predictable routine that leads to your success. 

Thanks again everyone! I'll be back again when I finish my masters!  Smile
I sincerely congratulate you and wish you success! I remember finishing my bachelor's degree and how worried I was. I was worried about various things. For example, about my future and whether I will go to magistracy, further to graduate school and generally link my life with science. I was also worried about my research work and the conclusions to it. It's very cool that at that time I collaborated with the service https://edubirdie.com/conclusion-generator on which I found this conclusions generator, which helped me a lot and took the burden of responsibility and stress off me a little. In short, there was a lot of excitement, so I'm very happy for you!
Congrats!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 28 2,559 03-22-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: KagomeH
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 73 9,020 03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 612 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  15 Worst Bachelors - Student Loan Dept bjcheung77 9 826 12-31-2023, 02:45 PM
  ‘We did it together’: New York mother and daughter graduate college on same day LevelUP 0 189 12-22-2023, 10:57 AM
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 915 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Second bachelors for my sister? IceSparkle 22 1,456 09-18-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Shocked Woman charged with faking her own kidnapping because she wasn't going to graduate LevelUP 4 610 05-09-2023, 01:37 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Online Graduate Admitted by Mistake Denied LLM sanantone 0 525 04-06-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: sanantone