Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished my CCAF!
I just finished taking, and passing Principles of Statistics just beating the deadline. The ed-center rep said that once my test posts to my transcript to send them a reminder that I finished today so they can add me to the Oct grad class. It took eight long years of procrastinating and 6 short months on IC to finally finish! Thanks everyone for the great advice. Now on to my Bachelors.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
That's great! Congratulations!!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Great to hear! Congrats!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Congratulations!!
I still to this day I wish I had completed just 2 more classes before separating to get mine.
So I am glad you made it happen!
DSST- General Anthropology - 52, Intro to Computer - 469, Technical Writing - 54, DSST Ethics in America - 59 (1996),
CLEP- Sociology -54, College Math - 550(1996), CLEP Principles of Management - 60 (1996)
Aleks Beg Alg,
I loooove hearing the stories of successful procrastinators. (Not successful at procratinating, I mean. That's EASY.) So, you've put your nose to the grindstone (where DO these silly sayings come from? Who wants to put her/his nose to a grindstone? Why would s/he do that?), and you've gotten your degree. Congratulations!
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
hmuchmo1 Wrote:Congratulations!!
I still to this day I wish I had completed just 2 more classes before separating to get mine.
So I am glad you made it happen!

I could have sworn I read somewhere that as a vet you can still complete it. Maybe something to check out?

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Thank you everyone. This forum is the best. I couldn't have done it without the great tips from all the regulars.

PrLoko-isms

Prloko Wrote:I could have sworn I read somewhere that as a vet you can still complete it. Maybe something to check out?

You can apply for one up to six years after separation/retirement but all degree requirements had to be met while on active duty. The caveat to this is wounded warriors and certain medically retired personnel.
Congratulations!! I am one class away from my CCAF completion (gotta take the dreaded Math class,ugh!). I am so happy for you, now snag that bachelors! LOL!!
DSST statistics is do-able. A very forgiving curve. If you're a visual learner like me, check out ITunes U. They have some great courses on there for free. I personally liked the one from Harrisburg Community College. There is one for DeAnza college also that has some old videos but they also have an uploaded PDF textbook. Most people though are able to read the statistics for dummies book and pass. Pick your poison.

ldub72 Wrote:Congratulations!! I am one class away from my CCAF completion (gotta take the dreaded Math class,ugh!). I am so happy for you, now snag that bachelors! LOL!!

PrLoko-isms

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,127 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,093 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,797 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks blakedrinnen 4 2,792 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,131 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,743 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
  Suggested Cleps to Finish my CCAF. Nerdymcnerdface 2 4,186 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Finished CCAF jethomasjr 9 3,707 09-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jethomasjr
  CCAF vs JST rockbust 6 3,238 08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: dcan
  BYU Public Speaking and CCAF rcsaint 5 2,003 01-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: gingerbeefE