Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finishing AS at COSC. What can I test out easily?
]Hi. I've been a lurker for some time but posting for the first time. I have 39 credits from my local Community College in CT and had dropped out for some time. Since my company offered to pay for my completion, online best fits my needs and I've enrolled in Charter Oak and currently doing Cornerstone. I know this is backwards from the cost effective method but I have a child on the way and would prefer to get Cornerstone out the way now. Plus it's company funded so the fees are no big deal and it's much cheaper than what the other employees are taking.

To the point: Below are the courses I need. Added up, this will bring me to 54cr plus another 6cr to complete. As you can see World Lit for Children will satisfy 3 categories then leave room for more electives. (My advisor told me that it's a rigorous course to take). Or I can look for alternates in those categories. I'm really interested in taking what is easy to get done. In the future I plan on completing the Bachelor's in Business at COSC but the Associates has to get out of the way now for work purposes. Are there any alternates you think will satisfy via study.com etc? Preferably I'd prefer to take any cheap courses first, then try my hand at the study.com scholarship and take FIN 101 and some more courses. Any ideas/help is appreciated

[ATTACH]2288[/ATTACH

Attached Files
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">Credit Requirements.docx (Size: 15.07 KB / Downloads: 0)
You've got a good head on those shoulders! Haha, yes, go for the Study.com scholarship and get them 3 free months (6 courses).
Straighterline is the other one you should really look into as they have a partnership/scholarship with COSC as well.
Straighterline page details: Charter Oak State College & StraighterLine - Degree Savings Partnership | StraighterLine
Course Equivalency page: Charter Oak State College Course Equivalency Guide | StraighterLine
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
For history and non-U.S. history you could do Shmoop. They have convoluted questions, but history isn't as bad as Literature.

Do you have space for electives? You could do math at Shmoop or ALEKS.

If you do three courses at Shmoop, it's under $30 per course or under $10 per credit. Even if you did only 2 courses, it's cheap.

ALEKS is only $20 for however many math credits you can do in the month.

You could take the free Ethics course which is only 2 cr, but most schools will waive the third credit.

Take a look at the link in my signature. Everything but the cornerstone has a testing option, though SL or another provider is sometimes easier. (Gotta get a science lab somewhere other than credit by exam).
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
If they will pay Penn Foster ACE approved courses are a good option for many. Good way to get UL credit for later too.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Thanks for the links guys. I've already completed physics at my Community College. i believe Nutrition would square me away for sciences. Also done with math

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Initial Saylor exam test experiment vetvso 15 2,388 11-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Does Study membership for courses give access to test preps? Insert Name 3 611 10-16-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: spohara
  TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC and WGU students reen967 8 1,493 10-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: reen967
  Saylor Piloting New Proctor ($5/test instead of $25) ylmir 19 4,214 12-23-2021, 11:45 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Chapter Practice test study.com andriaparrott 4 792 07-17-2021, 12:11 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  COSC Natural Science with Lab Seagull 6 1,225 02-16-2021, 12:27 PM
Last Post: jfarr41
  Sophia Project Management no longer upper level at COSC kevie 9 1,697 09-12-2020, 05:18 PM
Last Post: kevie
  Maximizing Sophia courses at COSC dfrecore 47 9,163 07-24-2020, 01:36 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Lab req (SL or Rio?) Edriveless 10 1,486 05-17-2020, 09:46 AM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Davar agreement with COSC set to expire kevie 0 686 05-08-2020, 05:29 PM
Last Post: kevie