Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU vs COSC?
Hello everyone! For the past couple months I've been testing out from scratch. After doing a bit of research, I had thought I made up my mind and settled with COSC, as I found a good amount of information and very thoroughly written and planned out sample Degree Plan for a Bachelors in Buisness Administration which made it easy to follow for someone new.

However, I've recently become interested in maybe using TESU instead for General Management or CIS and wanted to get a general opinion on which school would be easier to graduate from. As COSC requires 30 upper level credits for the BA/BS, I heard TESU Only required 12. But I can't find any clear resource of what TESU accept as UL.

COSC also required two courses a cornerstone and capstone and after fees it comes out to around $2600. I see TESU has $2000 waiver fee, But I'm not sure how much their graduation fee is?

Whereas I was able to find a lot of COSC info, I'm having a hard time with TESU.

So far I've completed these:

CLEP macroeconomics
CLEP College Comp
CLEP Analyzing and interpreting literature

ALEKS buisness statistics

Saylor Biology
Saylor chemistry
Saylor Principles of Marketing
Saylor Principles of Managment
Saylor Intro to Financial Accounting
Saylor buisness law and ethics
Saylor microeconomics
Saylor College

TEEX Cyber Security

I suppose the two capstone and the 30 UL was what I found a little discouraging for COSC. I've managed to accumulate those over the last 4 months, and I just want to make sure I'm on the right path and make the right decision. So any insight on TESU would be great since I can't seem to find as much info on what they accept or if their requirments are easier/more difficult then COSC. I've found myself most comfortable with Saylors courses and TESU seems to accept a lot of them.
The fees at TESU are:

Code:
[FONT=courier new]$  75 Application Fee
2000 Residency Waiver
  323 Graduation Fee
  111 Capstone TECEP
=====
$2309[/FONT]

In addition there's a $300 1cr (4 week) Cornerstone course, but people who transfer in lots of credit have been getting that waived. As far as the UL requirements go, it depends on how much of those upper level courses you've already got and where they are. All the TESU UL courses have to be in the area of study, while COSC allows them to be in other places as well. The only way to really know is to map your courses into a TESU degree plan and see how they compare.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
The ones I have listed are the only credits I have so far. COSC lists what they accept as UL pretty clearly, mostly DSST and Uexcel courses. But I've heard TESU doesn't really follow ACE recommendations so, where can I find information on what's considered UL/LL for TESU?
There are approximately a double armload of posts in this forum where dfrecore has posted her BSBA plan spreadsheet for TESU, which includes EXACTLY where to get every single course, including the UL courses for a BSBA at TESU. You literally cannot fail to find it in short order if you browse here: Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion

She may even come by and post it for you herself.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:So far I've completed these:

CLEP macroeconomics
CLEP College Comp - was this college comp with Essay?
CLEP Analyzing and interpreting literature

ALEKS buisness statistics

Saylor Biology
Saylor chemistry
Saylor Principles of Marketing
Saylor Principles of Managment
Saylor Intro to Financial Accounting
Saylor buisness law and ethics
Saylor microeconomics
Saylor College ??? College Algebra??

TEEX Cyber Security - which one? Or all 3?

I suppose the two capstone and the 30 UL was what I found a little discouraging for COSC. I've managed to accumulate those over the last 4 months, and I just want to make sure I'm on the right path and make the right decision. So any insight on TESU would be great since I can't seem to find as much info on what they accept or if their requirments are easier/more difficult then COSC. I've found myself most comfortable with Saylors courses and TESU seems to accept a lot of them.

I agree that the COSC UL requirement can be an obstacle.

Your UL requirements at TESU are 100% in the Area of Study. 12cr out of 18cr there have to be UL. Study.com has a chart that shows the UL courses available, there are also ones available through Saylor, TECEP's, UExcel, PF, DSST, etc. I can make you a spreadsheet if you give me the answers to the questions above in red.

If you took College Algebra, you should also go to ALEKS and do Intermediate Algebra (COSC & TESU) and Beginning Algebra (COSC only). You should be able to pass both very quickly and get those on your ACE transcript before they expire at the end of the month.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I checked my ACE transcript and I believe College comp was with the essay, recommended for 6 credits it says. The TEEX was Cybersecuriry for Everyone. And the last Saylor course I mistyped it, so that one can be ignored. But I could Definitely go back to ALEKS and take those Courses before the deadline.

Thanks you so much for your help! I would really appreciate it if you could make a spreadsheet that would really help me out a lot. And I'd really like to utilize Saylors courses as much As possible as they are cheap and I've been getting through them pretty quickly. Smile
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:I checked my ACE transcript and I believe College comp was with the essay, recommended for 6 credits it says. The TEEX was Cybersecuriry for Everyone. And the last Saylor course I mistyped it, so that one can be ignored. But I could Definitely go back to ALEKS and take those Courses before the deadline.

Thanks you so much for your help! I would really appreciate it if you could make a spreadsheet that would really help me out a lot. And I'd really like to utilize Saylors courses as much As possible as they are cheap and I've been getting through them pretty quickly. Smile

I made the spreadsheet, highlighted all of the Saylor courses you can take. I didn't include Psych or Soc because they were 2cr and 1cr, and you need 3cr of Soc to fulfill a requirement. Easier just to take it elsewhere.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">strawberryxfuzz TESU 2016 BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 48 KB / Downloads: 4)
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:I made the spreadsheet, highlighted all of the Saylor courses you can take. I didn't include Psych or Soc because they were 2cr and 1cr, and you need 3cr of Soc to fulfill a requirement. Easier just to take it elsewhere.

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate this!! Seeing it laid out, I feel a lot more confident now. I definitely believe TESU is going to be the better choice for me now, without the overwhelming UL's and cheaper by a good chunk as well. Thanks for taking the time to make it for me, I'm feeling a renewed motivation. Smile
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:Thank you so much!! I really appreciate this!! Seeing it laid out, I feel a lot more confident now. I definitely believe TESU is going to be the better choice for me now, without the overwhelming UL's and cheaper by a good chunk as well. Thanks for taking the time to make it for me, I'm feeling a renewed motivation. Smile

You're welcome! Glad it helped.

One thing to note: I forgot to remove some of the pricing in the AOS, so it's probably a few hundred dollars less (I have extra courses in there, and $100 by each one even though you don't have to take them all).
Great to know! Smile thanks so much again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,998 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,669 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,126 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,663 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,742 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,359 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,604 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,335 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,392 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,868 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore