Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Bachelor Milestone officially complete.
I just wanted to make a quick post and say "Thank you" to everyone here.   My TESU BALS Diploma was sitting on my doorstep when I got home from dinner last night.  I am sure that I already made a thank you post back when I finished the Capstone a few months ago, but getting that diploma yesterday really made it feel "official".

I am very thankful for this forum, and especially thankful to the dedicated members here who are always answering questions and helping.

Two years ago, I had nothing more than a B&M transcript in my hand, and no clue how to transfer it, or make anything out of it.  Working full time in a Government I.T. job and having a busy family life,  I was not sure that I was ready to spend my evenings and weekends sitting at the local college, trying to finish a degree.  I was Googling for articles on credits, transfers, online degrees, etc.  I somehow stumbled across this forum.  I silently sat back and observed your posts and advice to others.  Then, I started asking questions.  Before long, I was applying at places like Pierpont and TESU, even Charter Oak.  Doing Academic Evals, and crunching numbers.  Searching for Straighterline Coupons, taking TEEX classes, Institutes Courses, registering for ACE Transcript Services, etc.. etc..  I even received the Study.Com Guardian scholarship.  All while DREADING the inevitable Capstone.   Here I sit, two years later with two Associates and a B.A.L.S under my belt.  All because I landed............RIGHT HERE on this forum.

Oddly enough, I am not satisfied. Although a Bachelor(any Bachelor) was my initial goal in order to check the proverbial Human Resources box, and I have now completed it, I am eager to forge on.  I am getting anxious that I am not taking a course, presently.  I think I have decided upon WGU's MSCSIA.  My employer has already approved it, and is eager to compensate.

I really believe this forum is underrated, but I sure am thankful for it.  I always looked forward to posting a completion thread, thanking you all for the help.  But, we will instead have to refer to it as a MILESTONE thread.  I am nowhere near complete.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

That's cool that your employer is going to pay for your next degree!! Congrats!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ChilliDawg
Congrats!

As I was reading this, I realized how similar some of our circumstances were. We did some of the same things, such as the Study.com Guardian scholarship, PierPont (except I never turned in my last course before I got my other associates), etc.

It's funny how you just have to push yourself to take that next step to accomplish your goals.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
[-] The following 2 users Like MrBossmanJr's post:
  • AwardTour, ChilliDawg
Congratulations!
(06-16-2019, 12:12 PM)ChilliDawg Wrote: I just wanted to make a quick post and say "Thank you" to everyone here.   My TESU BALS Diploma was sitting on my doorstep when I got home from dinner last night.  I am sure that I already made a thank you post back when I finished the Capstone a few months ago, but getting that diploma yesterday really made it feel "official".

I am very thankful for this forum, and especially thankful to the dedicated members here who are always answering questions and helping.

Two years ago, I had nothing more than a B&M transcript in my hand, and no clue how to transfer it, or make anything out of it.  Working full time in a Government I.T. job and having a busy family life,  I was not sure that I was ready to spend my evenings and weekends sitting at the local college, trying to finish a degree.  I was Googling for articles on credits, transfers, online degrees, etc.  I somehow stumbled across this forum.  I silently sat back and observed your posts and advice to others.  Then, I started asking questions.  Before long, I was applying at places like Pierpont and TESU, even Charter Oak.  Doing Academic Evals, and crunching numbers.  Searching for Straighterline Coupons, taking TEEX classes, Institutes Courses, registering for ACE Transcript Services, etc.. etc..  I even received the Study.Com Guardian scholarship.  All while DREADING the inevitable Capstone.   Here I sit, two years later with two Associates and a B.A.L.S under my belt.  All because I landed............RIGHT HERE on this forum.

Oddly enough, I am not satisfied. Although a Bachelor(any Bachelor) was my initial goal in order to check the proverbial Human Resources box, and I have now completed it, I am eager to forge on.  I am getting anxious that I am not taking a course, presently.  I think I have decided upon WGU's MSCSIA.  My employer has already approved it, and is eager to compensate.

I really believe this forum is underrated, but I sure am thankful for it.  I always looked forward to posting a completion thread, thanking you all for the help.  But, we will instead have to refer to it as a MILESTONE thread.  I am nowhere near complete.
Congrats! Also, thanks for sharing some of your personal details about your life as you decided to take the next step. Hearing about your Diploma arriving at your door step is inspirational to hear about. It is posts like these that help motivate others to take their next steps necessary to reach their goals. 

Congrats for arriving at this Milestone!
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Best post of the day! Good for you and congratulations on earning this milestone.

Totally agree - the people on this forum are amazing and so helpful. So many of us would never be as far as we are without them!

Good luck on that next one!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 2 users Like suzycupcake's post:
  • akr680, ChilliDawg
Congrats! That's great! I love reading your anecdote, it's amusing/interesting how you got to this finish line.
I look forward to reading your progress thread for that WGU Masters degree program and how you complete it.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680, ChilliDawg
Congrats on completing your degree!
BSNS - Excelsior College - 2019

AASIO - Cochise College - 2012

[-] The following 1 user Likes TheMaskedMutant's post:
  • ChilliDawg
Congratulations college grad! You deserve it! Well done!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • ChilliDawg

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bachelor to Masters Data Analytics homeschoolmom1 2 317 01-22-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Degree plans - Second bachelor's degree, ASNSM, and certificates carrythenothing 6 1,534 01-06-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bachelor degree in Computer science fiyajou3 8 876 11-08-2023, 09:43 PM
  TESU Bachelor to Masters Program Plan Cheap and Fast? Sargoththemino 9 870 09-13-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: jch
  Foreign (canadian) bachelor's degree does not waive GE requirements? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 12 783 06-11-2023, 11:28 AM
  TESU Bachelor’s Canadian equivalency elenlushk 17 2,679 06-11-2023, 01:41 AM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Two questions regarding to 1. TESU second degree and 2. bachelor to master program lylx1981 5 1,575 05-17-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Henry_Patterson
Star Requirements for BA CompSci COMPLETE jsd 22 2,737 03-19-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Possible to take Graduate Courses while completing a Bachelor's Degree? Ninjadude 6 569 03-16-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  How to obtain a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Technology Lorvey 3 683 03-03-2023, 06:42 PM