Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Term Free at Walden!
(12-03-2018, 01:32 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: Hit a snag.  Can't get an informal transcript from Excelsior.  Don't have a copy of it.   The original is packed in boxes in storage.   I'm trying to get a letter from Excelsior stating that I graduated.  Sigh.   Sad

Email and verbal confirmation that there are no additional or hidden cost for books, etc. for the MHA.

Do you have electronic copies of what you submitted to University of the People?  I find it so odd that an Excelsior student (current or former) cannot log in and view their unofficial transcripts - and that the only option for official based on their website seems to be paper version mailed out.  I'm assuming you spoke with the Registrar directly? I hope they can help you - do keep us posted.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I keep scanned copies of my official transcripts.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, SweetSecret
(12-03-2018, 02:00 PM)sanantone Wrote: I keep scanned copies of my official transcripts.

I thought I had them, but I think they are on my computer in my house up north.  I don't think I put them in cloud storage - or at least I can't find them.  I have every other important document scanned an available Sad
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

(12-03-2018, 02:44 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 02:00 PM)sanantone Wrote: I keep scanned copies of my official transcripts.

I thought I had them, but I think they are on my computer in my house up north.  I don't think I put them in cloud storage - or at least I can't find them.  I have every other important document scanned an available Sad

Maybe Walden will work with you to get a 'conditional acceptance' (that is what I, and likely others, have - as they need my official transcripts to be received from TESU).  You should be able to get something from Excelsior just stating that you do have a degree from them - a letter as you mentioned - that says the what and when they awarded you the degree.  

Maybe post in the main area of the forum asking if any Excelsior student(s) know how to view your unofficial transcript - It just seems that it should be somehow viewable, even if hidden when logged in student portal area (which most Colleges keep active for prior as well as current students); an "Excelsior Unofficial Transcripts - How do I view them?" post may be just what you need.
Amberton University

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(12-03-2018, 03:05 PM)allvia Wrote:

Maybe Walden will work with you to get a 'conditional acceptance' (that is what I, and likely others, have - as they need my official transcripts to be received from TESU).  You should be able to get something from Excelsior just stating that you do have a degree from them - a letter as you mentioned - that says the what and when they awarded you the degree.  

Maybe post in the main area of the forum asking if any Excelsior student(s) know how to view your unofficial transcript - It just seems that it should be somehow viewable, even if hidden when logged in student portal area (which most Colleges keep active for prior as well as current students); an "Excelsior Unofficial Transcripts - How do I view them?" post may be just what you need.
I'm trying to get the letter, but haven't received it yet.   I talked at length to several people at Excelsior and they said you can't see a transcript after you graduate and have your degree conferred.  However, I did just post something on the main forum.

I'm so close and getting frustrated. Dodgy
Denise

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

(12-03-2018, 03:54 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 03:05 PM)allvia Wrote:

I'm trying to get the letter, but haven't received it yet.   I talked at length to several people at Excelsior and they said you can't see a transcript after you graduate and have your degree conferred.  However, I did just post something on the main forum.

I'm so close and getting frustrated. Dodgy

Have you applied, and chosen your anticipated start date as 12/03/2018 yet? No cost to get that started - and they do offer a "Free Transcript Request" option once you do that (won't hurt to try, TESU does not participate in the program but Excelsior may).  Also it wouldn't hurt to just request your official transcript to from Excelsior to Walden (standard $12, I wouldn't bother with the expedited), probably be there in a few days.

Good Luck! I think it will all work out.
Amberton University

Well, I got them the damn letter saying I graduated (which they said would suffice), sent them the last evaluation from Excelsior that shows that I completed all requirements for my degree and lists every class and grade, they still won't admit me without something saying it's an unofficial transcript.  

Now I'm irritated because it's stupid.  And... I'm out.

I better change my signature back to the old one.
Denise

(12-03-2018, 04:15 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: Well, I got them the damn letter saying I graduated (which they said would suffice), sent them the last evaluation from Excelsior that shows that I completed all requirements for my degree and lists every class and grade, they still won't admit me without something saying it's an unofficial transcript.  

So sorry it didn't work out for you this time - it's likely this will come around again, even if that is next December. Now we all know they are a stickler for those 'unofficial transcripts' to move things along quickly.
Amberton University

• GoodYellowDogs
(12-03-2018, 04:15 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: Well, I got them the damn letter saying I graduated (which they said would suffice), sent them the last evaluation from Excelsior that shows that I completed all requirements for my degree and lists every class and grade, they still won't admit me without something saying it's an unofficial transcript.  

This is frustrating! Hopefully you can get something worked out somehow. Why does Excelsior not provide transcripts? How does one expect to go to graduate school without that?

Expected 2019

Bachelors of Science
East Central University
Conferred 2015
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
(12-03-2018, 06:22 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote:

This is frustrating! Hopefully you can get something worked out somehow. Why does Excelsior not provide transcripts? How does one expect to go to graduate school without that?

Excelsior does supply transcripts - official transcripts.  Due to this offer being time sensitive GoodYellowDogs dosn't have the time for the official copy to arrive by postal mail in time to start 12/03/18 (today).  They would have given a 'conditional acceptance' with the unofficial transcript (conditional based on receiving the official in the mail before end of term)
Amberton University

• GoodYellowDogs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,804 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  SMC name change to Signum Magnum College - Free MBA?! bjcheung77 6 654 04-03-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  MIT University just released free online courses. KSoul 0 476 02-14-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,781 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,392 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any Online Free Master Degree? JesterRigid 15 5,646 09-07-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,298 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Low Cost / Free online Masters programs from Germany nyvrem 32 11,878 07-30-2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,509 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  Study MSc in Environmental Management for free with the Open University UK HVzR5 3 717 05-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: HVzR5