Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Term Free at Walden!
I just submitted my second and final essay for the Harvard poetry classes. Whoo Hoo. Not my best essays, but I think it gets the job done. For the heck of it, I logged into the Walden courses last night and did about five quizzes. At least within the early childhood masters, there are an unlimited amount of attempts for the quizzes. I was generally scoring in the eighties, but I retook each of them to reach 100%. It looks like I need to have some kind of meaningful interaction with the professor and then write the papers. I went straight for the leadership classes and I'll work back to the child development classes if I have time. One thing that confused me initially is that there are two different sites that I can login to. There is the general Walden login site and then there is the Tempo site and it took me a little bit to figure that out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • Ideas
I received an email that the $2000 scholarship is applied over four terms? They are only awarding me $500 for this term. Has anyone else gotten the full amount?
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 1 user Likes videogamesrock's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(12-06-2018, 02:48 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: I received an email that the $2000 scholarship is applied over four terms?  They are only awarding me $500 for this term.  Has anyone else gotten the full amount?

I just got the same invoice.  I sent it back reminding them that I chose the first term free, not the discount by term.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

(12-06-2018, 02:48 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: I received an email that the $2000 scholarship is applied over four terms? They are only awarding me $500 for this term. Has anyone else gotten the full amount?

In a couple of my previous posts, I explained that $500 is taken off automatically. Your enrollment advisor should ask you to send an email to him or her so that the request can be forwarded to the bursar's office. After that, it takes a couple of days for the free first term deduction to be applied. My account balance is $0.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(12-06-2018, 02:54 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 02:48 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: I received an email that the $2000 scholarship is applied over four terms?  They are only awarding me $500 for this term.  Has anyone else gotten the full amount?

In a couple of my previous posts, I explained that $500 is taken off automatically. Your enrollment advisor should ask you to send an email to him or her so that the request can be forwarded to the bursar's office. After that, it takes a couple of days for the free first term deduction to be applied. My account balance is $0.

I had not seen sanantone's original post about this - so when I received the email with only the $500 taken off I replied back to the email (copying my enrollment adviser on it) explaining it was to be a First Term Free offer, not the $2000 grant applied over 4 terms.  It was resolved within a few hours.  I now have a zero balance.

(12-05-2018, 09:16 PM)eriehiker Wrote: One thing that confused me initially is that there are two different sites that I can login to.  There is the general Walden login site and then there is the Tempo site and it took me a little bit to figure that out.

This is exactly what my day one delay was - I totally misread the email that stated to login at the mytempo.walden.edu (for competency based programs) not the MyWalden link found on the Walden.edu page (that is used for traditional students).  I've started to slow down and read everything now Smile
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • acamp
Does anyone dabbling in the course content so far feel like a whole degree can be completed in one term?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(12-06-2018, 05:49 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: Does anyone dabbling in the course content so far feel like a whole degree can be completed in one term?

I'm doing the MHA, not the MBA.   I think it might be doable for someone with a background in Healthcare admin.  However, since Christmas is in two weeks, I've set my sights on two terms so that I don't have to worry.  I'm happy to say that I am actually learning things in the two nights I've been working on it.

The enrollment advisor said the quickest that anyone had done it was 3-4 terms.  I didn't say anything to him, but those of us on this forum, who have the time, knowledge, tenacity, and willingness to dig in will probably be able to do it much faster.
Denise

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

[-] The following 1 user Likes GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • SweetSecret
I just passed my first assessment. The bulk of the questions were identical to the quizzes. Got 83% and it's worth .25 credits. Off to the next one which is worth .5 credits. My goal is to have the first course done by the weekend...we will see. The material is very dry and boring.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 1 user Likes videogamesrock's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(12-06-2018, 09:16 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: The material is very dry and boring.

Agreed! I caught myself almost dozing off numerous times while trying to read!

So far I have only done the self assessment & reading.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
(12-06-2018, 09:16 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: I just passed my first assessment.  The bulk of the questions were identical to the quizzes.  Got 83% and it's worth .25 credits.  Off to the next one which is worth .5 credits.  My goal is to have the first course done by the weekend...we will see.  The material is very dry and boring.

Good to know - I'm trying to finish by the end of the weekend too.
Denise

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,191 03-27-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MIT University just released free online courses. KSoul 0 424 02-14-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,615 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,348 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
  Any Online Free Master Degree? JesterRigid 15 5,464 09-07-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,206 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Low Cost / Free online Masters programs from Germany nyvrem 32 11,469 07-30-2023, 03:38 AM
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,448 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  Study MSc in Environmental Management for free with the Open University UK HVzR5 3 691 05-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: HVzR5
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,432 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM