Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Woodpooky, Re: TESU BSBA CIS degree question
Woodpooky, you have private messages disabled so I cannot respond to your private message. Instead, I am posting it here since it is relevant to others as well. Private messages are disabled by default, so you need to change that setting if you'd like to use private messaging in the future.

Woodpooky Wrote:Hi,

I have a rather odd question about the CIS from TESU. 
When you receive the degree does it show the concentration on the degree? Or does it just say the BABA part?

Thank you

The area of study/concentration is not shown on the diploma for degrees at TESU. It only shows the name of the degree itself, which is: "Bachelor of Science in Business Administration." Likewise, with my ASNSM in Computer Science, the diploma just says "Associate of Science in Natural Science & Mathematics."

That said, the concentration does appear on the final transcript. So anyone who pulls a transcript will see it there. If you pursue multiple areas of study, your transcript is the only place they appear since TESU doesn't issue additional diplomas for each additional AoS.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • ronaldemail1
Thank you for the information Merlin! I've also enabled PM now lol
That's kind of odd to me. Are all schools like that? I would think the concentration would be the most important part to have on a diploma, rather than just BSBA.
It's normal for colleges to neither list a concentration nor major on the diploma. When employers ask for proof of education, they usually ask for a transcript. Sometimes, they'll even want a sealed transcript. Diplomas are easy to fake.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • ronaldemail1
Oh, that makes sense. It's still disappointing though. I'm not even concerned about showing a diploma to an employer, I just like the idea of having it framed on the wall and showing my area of study.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,344 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 529 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,228 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 260 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,234 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 376 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 534 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM