Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those of you into computer science and technology...
The programs are so expensive at TESU, even in-state for that program, that I'm not sure why you'd go there.

WGU is going to be SO MUCH less!!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-23-2020, 06:11 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: HOWEVER, I haven't officially decided. I would love to hear more about what WGU is like. I'd love to hear more about your experiences there. I know they have a competency based model. Can you tell me more about how the assignments work? What is the papers/exam ratio? Is it difficult taking 3 + courses simultaneously? Is the workload typical or have no life level? 

Any feedback at all you can provide would be great. Thanks!

Completing courses at WGU is very similar to completing courses via Study.com or StraighterLine. It is very much all on you to complete the coursework as quickly or as slowly as you like. There are instructors who provide lecture material, one-on-one meetings, and other tools to supplement the textbooks, but engaging with them is entirely optional. I prefer the model at WGU to the model at TESU. Had I known then what I know now, I probably would have completed my undergrad at WGU rather than attend TESU. It would have been quicker and less expensive for sure.

As for workload, you can only work on one course at a time so you don't have to worry about taking multiple courses simultaneously. If you have prior experience in the subject and/or you can put in a ton of time, you can burn through some courses in under a week. If you have less time or less experience in a subject, a course could take a month or more to complete. Most undergrad students at WGU complete at least 8 courses (24 credits) per term, or spending just over 3 weeks per course.

As for assignments, there is no exam to paper ratio since each degree program is different. Every course has its own requirements, but typically a course will either require a single exam to demonstrate competency (called an Objective Assessment or OA), or there will be a number of papers, a project, and/or a presentation required (called a Performance Assessment or PA). Most courses will require one or the other, but for some more challenging courses like capstones, you could have both.

All-in-all WGU is designed for adult students who have a full-time job and a family, so their requirements are not too bad. Most people can easily complete 8 courses in a single 6-month term, but there are people who complete far more than that too. It just depends on prior experience and time.

That said, WGU also has a very generous undergrad transfer policy (up to 90 credits) and accepts ACE credits. So you can also make it easier on yourself (and less expensive) by taking courses via Study.com, StraighterLine, or Sophia before officially beginning your term at WGU. Just be aware that you can no longer transfer in credits to WGU once you begin your term.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • cwendy111
(04-23-2020, 06:16 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The programs are so expensive at TESU, even in-state for that program, that I'm not sure why you'd go there.

WGU is going to be SO MUCH less!!

At the time I applied to TESU, WGU rejected me because I was working in IT, not doing clinical work. They have since removed that requirement and I am actually now working clinically as well, lol.  I picked TESU from coming to this forum of the BIG 3. There nursing program was the most appealing at the time. I read nightmare stories about Excelsior grads being unable to schedule their clinicals and I don't remember what the story was with COSC, they may have had an onsite requirement for something. I forgot. Once I chose TESU, I no longer even thought about other programs. Years later, I have made zero progress towards the BSN at TESU. I am however dangerously close to having all the GE courses done. I also missed out on sweeter catalogs because I didn't know I wasn't enrolled for the last 3 years. That part is gnawing at me big time. Then they went and eliminated the ONE TECEP they had in the Nursing program. It's almost like they want people to pass over their program.

The only drawback to WGU right now is that I was informed that my WGU enrollment likely won't start until the July semester, the admissions process is a little slow. This sucks as I wanted to use my 2019 Financial aid and I wouldn't be able to. I did the FAFSA Tuesday for 2019-2020. I can use it at TESU for May semester still or even June. Long story, but my 2018 taxes will negatively affect my shot at financial aide for 2020-2021. 

But like I said, at this point, I'm ready to just get a BALS and be done with it and go back to IT. The BSN still calls for me, even though I resent feeling forced to get it. Where I live, all the major hospital systems require it to do the same dang job I'm doing already and only give you an extra $1K for the trouble and the student loans. I know that is also holding me back mentally. 

It is something I just have to figure out. I hear you on the pricing. I realize though that the time factor is really my own issue. The courses are available for me to take as many as I want at a time. Seems at WGU, the expectation is 4 courses at at time, if not the bill starts to add up. I haven't attempted to take more than one course at a time at TESU. I don't want to be stressed out about school. If I did take more courses, I could finish more quickly there as well. The 12 week semester thing is problematic after being used to taking alt credits all this time that I can finish in a few days. That ultimately will likely tip the scales to WGU for me.

Again, I just have to make a decision.

(04-23-2020, 06:44 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 06:11 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: HOWEVER, I haven't officially decided. I would love to hear more about what WGU is like. I'd love to hear more about your experiences there. I know they have a competency based model. Can you tell me more about how the assignments work? What is the papers/exam ratio? Is it difficult taking 3 + courses simultaneously? Is the workload typical or have no life level? 

Completing courses at WGU is very similar to completing courses via Study.com or StraighterLine. It is very much all on you to complete the coursework as quickly or as slowly as you like. There are instructors who provide lecture material, one-on-one meetings, and other tools to supplement the textbooks, but engaging with them is entirely optional. I prefer the model at WGU to the model at TESU. Had I known then what I know now, I probably would have completed my undergrad at WGU rather than attend TESU. It would have been quicker and less expensive for sure.

As for workload, you can only work on one course at a time so you don't have to worry about taking multiple courses simultaneously. If you have prior experience in the subject and/or you can put in a ton of time, you can burn through some courses in under a week. If you have less time or less experience in a subject, a course could take a month or more to complete. Most undergrad students at WGU complete at least 8 courses (24 credits) per term, or spending just over 3 weeks per course.

As for assignments, there is no exam to paper ratio since each degree program is different. Every course has its own requirements, but typically a course will either require a single exam to demonstrate competency (called an Objective Assessment or OA), or there will be a number of papers, a project, and/or a presentation required (called a Performance Assessment or PA). Most courses will require one or the other, but for some more challenging courses like capstones, you could have both.

All-in-all WGU is designed for adult students who have a full-time job and a family, so their requirements are not too bad. Most people can easily complete 8 courses in a single 6-month term, but there are people who complete far more than that too. It just depends on prior experience and time.

That said, WGU also has a very generous undergrad transfer policy (up to 90 credits) and accepts ACE credits. So you can also make it easier on yourself (and less expensive) by taking courses via Study.com, StraighterLine, or Sophia before officially beginning your term at WGU. Just be aware that you can no longer transfer in credits to WGU once you begin your term.
Heart Thank you for this. This may seal the deal for me. I am a "go at my pace" kind of girl and when I'm hot, I'm on fire!!! I am looking for a transfer equivalency list for them now. At TESU, the only courses I have left towards the CORE are Oral Comms, Stats, and Civic Engagement all of which I am currently taking courses for at Sophia and ICC.com.

Since my enrollment likely won't be active at WGU until July, what do you think about me taking a Nursing course at TESU just to use my 2019-2020 Pell Grant and transferring it over? I do not want to lose those funds. I may not get Pell for 2020-2021.
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
(04-23-2020, 06:11 PM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 10:42 PM)indigoshuffle Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 02:41 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
indigoshuffle Wrote:I'll most likely be doing a nurse informatics degree concurrently with the IT degree. I work as an RN now, but I'm a still on the fence about my choices. Informatics and IT? Nurse Practitioner? or MD/DO? I'm not sold that Nurse Practicioner or MD is a good financial move, but I also need to keep in mind that personal satisfaction is part of ROI... it's not all about money.

indigoshuffle Wrote:I'm not scared of math at all. In fact I enjoy it. As far as computer science, I would stay within nursing informatics as to avoid a drop in pay. The bachelors degree would just be a personal satisfaction type of thing that MIGHT also look good to an employer, which would be the hospital system I work with now. I work within the largest hospital system in the state, so it's unlikely that I would leave.

BSIT is not a foundational degree compared to the others, each degree they have is geared towards a certain specialty/type of concentration.  They pretty much may have some courses that are the same, but the concentration or specialty courses are what separates them.  I would recommend a Bachelors in something else, then get a Masters in Health or Nursing Infomatics.

Just wondering, since you're a RN, do you already have a Bachelors of Nursing? Do you have any other credentials?  If you're going the Big 3 route or the WGU & other competency based degree providers, you should get all your transferable credits done before enrolling in them, especially since Sophia.org has FREE courses going on.

If you're an RN, this Masters program might be a good program: https://www.wgu.edu/online-nursing-healt...ogram.html#
If you already have a BSN, then this program is a good choice too:  https://www.wgu.edu/online-nursing-healt...ogram.html
I'm doing my BSN at WGU now. I have just a few more courses left. I anticipate I'll be done in 2-3 months, unless I get lazy.
I guess it doesn't make sense to back track and do another bachelors. WGU has been a great school IMO, but I think it also has to do with my program mentor.
Hi, I was directed here as an RN-BSN student at TESU frustrated about not seeing the finish line as they have traditional 12 wk semesters for 9 courses. I haven't started any of my nursing courses yet and actually reached out to WGU to see what that would look like for me as well. I am taking all the required courses first and have not taken a nursing course yet. I too was thinking about a BSIT or even a BALS with a CIS concentration in NSM just to get something completed quickly and for less money.

I applied to WGU and sent my AAS transcript over to get the process started over there if I pull the plug on TESU.

HOWEVER, I haven't officially decided. I would love to hear more about what WGU is like. I'd love to hear more about your experiences there. I know they have a competency based model. Can you tell me more about how the assignments work? What is the papers/exam ratio? Is it difficult taking 3 + courses simultaneously? Is the workload typical or have no life level? 

After nursing school, I went to Thomas Edison open house for the nursing graduates and I was not impressed. Also, Thomas Edison was EXPENSIVE!!! When I applied to WGU, they had been awarded recognition from the National League of Nursing. I don't see it on the website anymore so I'm not sure what happened, although I suspect that when they added the pre-licensure RN program, they hit a few bumps in the road in terms of quality which is to be expected with the launch of anything new.

I personally would go with WGU. I'm taking classes at WGU now and there are some weeks I'm so tired I can't do anything, but it's OK!! There is no where that says you must take 4 classes at a time. Just drink the soup one sip at a time. One warning I will give you is that there is one class where online attendance is mandatory and that class is called Professional Leadership and Communication for Healthcare. It will be your first class. That class was a game-changer for me in that it taught me how to deal with codes more effectively and how to delegate. It taught me that leadership is more than telling people what to do, and the course instructor will expect you to write and discuss how you're using the course material in your hospital. It is highly likely that you had to take a Management and Leadership course at the Associate's degree level as the board of nursing requires it, but Professional Leadership will help you "cross the bridge" in a clinical sense, not just NCLEX prep. You'll meet nursing friends in that class and I'd recommend you participate and exchange contact info.

Merlin was spot on in everything he said. Transfer in as much as you can, go to partners.wgu.edu, and check it out for yourself. My program mentor has been instrumental in getting me through the program. There are also facebook support groups and there are forums like this. I'll be around (if COVID 19 doesn't kill me)... so if/when you enroll I can share with you how to get through most classes in 2-3 weeks tops, 1 week for some classes depending on prior knowledge and your personal energy level and your level of engagement in the course material. Keep in mind, that even if you went for 3 terms, it would still be cheaper than Thomas Edison or most other schools. I've also picked up some certifications along the way, joined nursing organizations, which are all part of the degree plan.

WGU sets it up so that it really "spruces up" your resume. Right now I'm taking Organizational Systems and Quality Leadership, and although I can get through in a week I've been going slower because I find the material interesting and my unit really needs more examples of quality leadership. Again, I'm in the program now, so if you have more questions you can PM me also. Ok... back to typing my paper!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes indigoshuffle's post:
  • cwendy111
(04-23-2020, 11:06 PM)indigoshuffle Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 06:11 PM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 10:42 PM)indigoshuffle Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 02:41 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
indigoshuffle Wrote:I'll most likely be doing a nurse informatics degree concurrently with the IT degree. I work as an RN now, but I'm a still on the fence about my choices. Informatics and IT? Nurse Practitioner? or MD/DO? I'm not sold that Nurse Practicioner or MD is a good financial move, but I also need to keep in mind that personal satisfaction is part of ROI... it's not all about money.

indigoshuffle Wrote:I'm not scared of math at all. In fact I enjoy it. As far as computer science, I would stay within nursing informatics as to avoid a drop in pay. The bachelors degree would just be a personal satisfaction type of thing that MIGHT also look good to an employer, which would be the hospital system I work with now. I work within the largest hospital system in the state, so it's unlikely that I would leave.

BSIT is not a foundational degree compared to the others, each degree they have is geared towards a certain specialty/type of concentration.  They pretty much may have some courses that are the same, but the concentration or specialty courses are what separates them.  I would recommend a Bachelors in something else, then get a Masters in Health or Nursing Infomatics.

Just wondering, since you're a RN, do you already have a Bachelors of Nursing? Do you have any other credentials?  If you're going the Big 3 route or the WGU & other competency based degree providers, you should get all your transferable credits done before enrolling in them, especially since Sophia.org has FREE courses going on.

If you're an RN, this Masters program might be a good program: https://www.wgu.edu/online-nursing-healt...ogram.html#
If you already have a BSN, then this program is a good choice too:  https://www.wgu.edu/online-nursing-healt...ogram.html
I'm doing my BSN at WGU now. I have just a few more courses left. I anticipate I'll be done in 2-3 months, unless I get lazy.
I guess it doesn't make sense to back track and do another bachelors. WGU has been a great school IMO, but I think it also has to do with my program mentor.
Hi, I was directed here as an RN-BSN student at TESU frustrated about not seeing the finish line as they have traditional 12 wk semesters for 9 courses. I haven't started any of my nursing courses yet and actually reached out to WGU to see what that would look like for me as well. I am taking all the required courses first and have not taken a nursing course yet. I too was thinking about a BSIT or even a BALS with a CIS concentration in NSM just to get something completed quickly and for less money.

I applied to WGU and sent my AAS transcript over to get the process started over there if I pull the plug on TESU.

HOWEVER, I haven't officially decided. I would love to hear more about what WGU is like. I'd love to hear more about your experiences there. I know they have a competency based model. Can you tell me more about how the assignments work? What is the papers/exam ratio? Is it difficult taking 3 + courses simultaneously? Is the workload typical or have no life level? 

After nursing school, I went to Thomas Edison open house for the nursing graduates and I was not impressed. Also, Thomas Edison was EXPENSIVE!!! When I applied to WGU, they had been awarded recognition from the National League of Nursing. I don't see it on the website anymore so I'm not sure what happened, although I suspect that when they added the pre-licensure RN program, they hit a few bumps in the road in terms of quality which is to be expected with the launch of anything new.

I personally would go with WGU. I'm taking classes at WGU now and there are some weeks I'm so tired I can't do anything, but it's OK!! There is no where that says you must take 4 classes at a time. Just drink the soup one sip at a time. One warning I will give you is that there is one class where online attendance is mandatory and that class is called Professional Leadership and Communication for Healthcare. It will be your first class. That class was a game-changer for me in that it taught me how to deal with codes more effectively and how to delegate. It taught me that leadership is more than telling people what to do, and the course instructor will expect you to write and discuss how you're using the course material in your hospital. It is highly likely that you had to take a Management and Leadership course at the Associate's degree level as the board of nursing requires it, but Professional Leadership will help you "cross the bridge" in a clinical sense, not just NCLEX prep. You'll meet nursing friends in that class and I'd recommend you participate and exchange contact info.

Merlin was spot on in everything he said. Transfer in as much as you can, go to partners.wgu.edu, and check it out for yourself. My program mentor has been instrumental in getting me through the program. There are also facebook support groups and there are forums like this. I'll be around (if COVID 19 doesn't kill me)... so if/when you enroll I can share with you how to get through most classes in 2-3 weeks tops, 1 week for some classes depending on prior knowledge and your personal energy level and your level of engagement in the course material. Keep in mind, that even if you went for 3 terms, it would still be cheaper than Thomas Edison or most other schools. I've also picked up some certifications along the way, joined nursing organizations, which are all part of the degree plan.

WGU sets it up so that it really "spruces up" your resume. Right now I'm taking Organizational Systems and Quality Leadership, and although I can get through in a week I've been going slower because I find the material interesting and my unit really needs more examples of quality leadership. Again, I'm in the program now, so if you have more questions you can PM me also. Ok... back to typing my paper!!!!!

Wow! Thank you guys so much for taking the time to share your experiences @ WGU with me. All in all, it def sounds like somewhere I should be. This is more info than I have been able to glean from Allnurses.com which is supposed to be for RNs. I was leary about the many "I finished in 6 months" videos on Youtube.

It's great that you are really getting something out of the program too. Not just busy work for the sake of it. I am excited and very happy for you!  I domy best work at work oddly enough, when it isn't too busy. I am too easily distracted at home. But I like being in control of my destiny instead of being tied to a semester term. The one thing I found strange is there are no electives in this program, so now I have a bunch of credits I don't need. They say no education is ever truly wasted!  I am finishing up my last few General reqs now with Sophia and ICC

Sounds like my BSN decision has been made for me. TESU def needs to step it up as far as being more adaptable with today's times. Their program is a dinosaur and too costly as you all noted. I don't regret my time there as since I made no progress with nursing, I clearly wasn't committed, but the cost and time was def a factor. 

My biggest concern right now is not losing this 2019-20 Pell money I have since my enrollment isn't likely to be active until July @ WGU. Still trying to figure that out. I need to be taking SOMETHING in May or June and the only non Nursing courses I will need is BioChem. I will hash it out with the advisement team.

Thanks again guys for all your help. I will def take you up on the PM offer once I get started. OR maybe we can add a Nursing thread here as well.

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
SL - Personal Finance 
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
AAS Nursing
(04-24-2020, 05:45 AM)cwendy111 Wrote: My biggest concern right now is not losing this 2019-20 Pell money I have since my enrollment isn't likely to be active until July @ WGU. Still trying to figure that out. I need to be taking SOMETHING in May or June and the only non Nursing courses I will need is BioChem. I will hash it out with the advisement team.

As long as you can get your transcripts in and processed by the 15th of the month, they usually let you start on the first of that following month. Of course, if you're currently enrolled elsewhere, they will also insist that you withdraw before you can start classes. So normally you'd be able to start May 1st, but it may be because you're still actively taking courses at TESU they may be waiting for your term to end before they let you start at WGU. WGU can be picky, so there may not be any way to resolve that.

As for the Pell, you may be able to work with WGU to get that transferred if the money has already been issued to TESU.

Of course, if you're not starting until July 1st, that gives you nearly 6 weeks to bang out any transferable courses from Sophia or Study.com to lower the amount you need to complete your WGU degree. The nice thing is that Study.com has a lot of upper-level courses too, not just Gen Eds like Sophia and StraighterLine. If you can leverage that, it should help to get you closer to completing your degree so you can finish in a shorter amount of time. You just need to have those courses completed, and on a transcript, at least a week or two before your term start so WGU has time to process everything.

(04-24-2020, 05:45 AM)cwendy111 Wrote: Thanks again guys for all your help. I will def take you up on the PM offer once I get started. OR maybe we can add a Nursing thread here as well.

Creating a progress thread for yourself is a great way to document your journey and help keep yourself motivated!
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • cwendy111
(04-24-2020, 09:44 AM)Merli n Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 05:45 AM)cwendy111 Wrote: My biggest concern right now is not losing this 2019-20 Pell money I have since my enrollment isn't likely to be active until July @ WGU. Still trying to figure that out. I need to be taking SOMETHING in May or June and the only non Nursing courses I will need is BioChem. I will hash it out with the advisement team.

As long as you can get your transcripts in and processed by the 15th of the month, they usually let you start on the first of that following month. Of course, if you're currently enrolled elsewhere, they will also insist that you withdraw before you can start classes. So normally you'd be able to start May 1st, but it may be because you're still actively taking courses at TESU they may be waiting for your term to end before they let you start at WGU. WGU can be picky, so there may not be any way to resolve that.

As for the Pell, you may be able to work with WGU to get that transferred if the money has already been issued to TESU.

Of course, if you're not starting until July 1st, that gives you nearly 6 weeks to bang out any transferable courses from Sophia or Study.com to lower the amount you need to complete your WGU degree. The nice thing is that Study.com has a lot of upper-level courses too, not just Gen Eds like Sophia and StraighterLine. If you can leverage that, it should help to get you closer to completing your degree so you can finish in a shorter amount of time. You just need to have those courses completed, and on a transcript, at least a week or two before your term start so WGU has time to process everything.

(04-24-2020, 05:45 AM)cwendy111 Wrote: Thanks again guys for all your help. I will def take you up on the PM offer once I get started. OR maybe we can add a Nursing thread here as well.

Creating a progress thread for yourself is a great way to document your journey and help keep yourself motivated!

Looks like I'll be good to start June 1 instead of July. Super excited now!!!! I'm finishing up the last 3 courses now. I can't find a Biochem course anywhere. 

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
Photo 
(04-24-2020, 11:25 AM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 09:44 AM)Merli n Wrote:

Looks like I'll be good to start June 1 instead of July. Super excited now!!!! I'm finishing up the last 3 courses now. I can't find a Biochem course anywhere. 

I finished biochem in 7 days due taking 3 chemistry classes before hand, including organic chemistry. I looked all over for biochem before I enrolled and I couldn't find a course that made sense in terms of my time and money. If you plan on going to medical school or NP school later, then yeah... take it "ass in seat". If not, just take it at wgu. There are bootcamps and support groups by the WGU professors that will teach you how to get through it in a month. My program mentor taught me how to get through it in a few days. Again, WGU has everything you needs to support you. Do you have any chemistry under your belt? If so, take the practice OA first, then work backwards from there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes indigoshuffle's post:
  • cwendy111
(04-24-2020, 11:48 AM)indigoshuffle Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 11:25 AM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 09:44 AM)Merli n Wrote: Thanks again guys for all your help. I will def take you up on the PM offer once I get started. OR maybe we can add a Nursing thread here as well.

I finished biochem in 7 days due taking 3 chemistry classes before hand, including organic chemistry. I looked all over for biochem before I enrolled and I couldn't find a course that made sense in terms of my time and money. If you plan on going to medical school or NP school later, then yeah... take it "ass in seat". If not, just take it at wgu. There are bootcamps and support groups by the WGU professors that will teach you how to get through it in a month. My program mentor taught me how to get through it in a few days. Again, WGU has everything you needs to support you. Do you have any chemistry under your belt? If so, take the practice OA first, then work backwards from there.

Just the one Chemistry from a LONG time ago. Dusting off the brain cells there. LOL "ass in seat" That is hilarious! I am so looking forward to getting started looks like in June! 

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
Kind of bummed. Literally got stress ulcers finishing up the pre reqs and getting them submitted in time just for them to still not be processed, (indexed) by WGU before the deadline. So it looks like I will miss the cut for June 1. ACE lets me know they have been seen, but they are still sitting in somebody's inbox somewhere and haven't been evaluated yet. I called and escalated but got no resolution and their policies are set in stone. The manager said he'd get back to me, but I am doubtful. 

That being said, if I decide to use the financial aid money at TESU, besides the Cornerstone, what course would you recommend I take online at TESU toward a CIS or COS AOS? I am still torn whether to pursue the BALS NSM CIS or BALS COS. But am done with GE, need UL or CIS/COS specific LL courses only now and Capstone. Have zero ULs, was planning to use SDC, but will need to take 3 cr at TESU for (+Cornerstone) for financial aide. Currently taking Intro to Programming at SDC and I know I can take other ULs at SDC, but if you HAD to pick a course at TESU, what would it be?

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 263 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,013 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 216 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 1,305 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 574 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,551 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 399 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,209 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 4,063 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM
  How Technology Shapes Ideas - University of Chicago Graham School Charles Fout 0 268 09-15-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout