Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who graduated, how was the graduation ceremony?
For those who graduated at one of the big three, can you tell me how the graduation ceremony was like? Did a lot of students show up? The reason I ask is I want my family to see me walk at the ceremony that day. Since I live all the way in Miami, Fla. I want to make sure if the ceremony is actually worth going to. If I decide to go with COSC, is the COSC graduation ceremony pretty big? Or just a few students? I think EC is one of the biggest since they have allot of students. I just don't know about TESC and COSC as of yet. I was thinking of just waiting for them to see me walk when I receive my Masters degree closer to home. Hmmm...

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
I'll be at COSC's ceremony on 6/5 and will let you know!! Keep in mind that TESC has ~17,000 students, EC has ~30k and COSC has just over 2k. So the COSC ceremony may be a bit smaller... We'll see!!

I'm not sure that the ceremony matters all that much, but I guess it matters enough for me to buy a ticket for DH and me to fly out from Colorado.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Thats good to know. Yeah because I'm having a feeling COSC's graduation ceremony might be small and I don't want to waste airline tickets and hotel etc etc if it's not worth it, I'll just wait and let them see me walk on stage when I receive a Masters degree.

I got to go to the graduation ceremony at Excelsior College last year. There were 6000 graduates in our class but only 300 were able to attend. (They have a live webcast of the graduation ceremony, too.) There were several activities planned for 2 days. It was a wonderful chance to meet the people at EC who have helped me and other graduates. We also got to walk across the stage and receive our diplomas. I am already looking forward to going to the next one.

Have an excellent time celebrating your accomplishment Burbuja0512!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
NAP Wrote:I got to go to the graduation ceremony at Excelsior College last year. There were 6000 graduates in our class but only 300 were able to attend. (They have a live webcast of the graduation ceremony, too.) There were several activities planned for 2 days. It was a wonderful chance to meet the people at EC who have helped me and other graduates. We also got to walk across the stage and receive our diplomas. I am already looking forward to going to the next one.

Have an excellent time celebrating your accomplishment Burbuja0512!

That sounds really cool, NAP!

Thanks so much... I have one assignment left in my Capstone course, which is my summary paper. I should have it done by Monday or Tuesday and then I'll probably do my last "I'm done" post. I am getting so excited about the graduation. I can't believe it... seriously I am going to be bawling through the entire thing lol. Yes I never thought it would be me graduating!!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Congratz! I can't wait till it's my day. I'm going to throw a partyyyy! Lol. =]

Thanks for the replies as well. The reason why I asked was because graduation ceremony's to me are important just as to anybody. These come into consideration when choosing a school as well. I also want a school where the graduation ceremony aren't like my baby sisters 4 year old birthday party. Lol. I know EC and TESC are fine since they have more students than COSC. But yes make sure when you go to take pictures of COSC graduation ceremony. It seems they have TESC and EC graduation's up on YouTube. COSC is like finding a needle in a haystack. hilarious

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU graduation dates tobyisking 19 5,367 09-07-2018, 10:00 AM
Last Post: triforce828
  TESU - Applying for Graduation dexter1326 3 1,684 09-07-2018, 08:43 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  Have the audits for September graduation (TESU) happened yet? leland.kirk 6 1,971 08-27-2018, 01:32 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,077 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  June graduation Paramedic12 3 1,175 06-19-2018, 12:04 PM
Last Post: TacticalTechie
  Can I go ahead and get the residency waiver and graduation fee taken care of? leland.kirk 35 6,187 06-12-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: MSK9
  TESU transcript post graduation Paramedic12 5 2,042 05-31-2018, 11:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Graduation Audit Timeline & Missing course dfrecore 8 2,017 05-28-2018, 11:36 AM
Last Post: mudball
  When is the "conferral date" for graduation at TESU? leland.kirk 2 1,328 05-25-2018, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  June graduation Paramedic12 3 1,319 05-17-2018, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Paramedic12