Poll: What was your undergraduate major?
This poll is closed.
Business Administration (all concentrations)
29.69%
19 29.69%
Natural Science and Mathematics or Natural Science (with or without biology concentration)
3.13%
2 3.13%
Humanities
3.13%
2 3.13%
Psychology
4.69%
3 4.69%
History
4.69%
3 4.69%
Social Science
4.69%
3 4.69%
Liberal Arts/Studies (including general associate's degrees)
10.94%
7 10.94%
Environmental, Safety, and Security Technologies
7.81%
5 7.81%
Individualized Studies or Learner-Designed Area of Study
4.69%
3 4.69%
Other (please comment with name of major)
26.56%
17 26.56%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who have graduated, what was your major?
Cookderosa thought it would be a good idea to poll the forum, and I agree! If you graduated with an associate's or bachelor's degree, what was your major? You're allowed to choose more than one because I know many people here have multiple degrees. I really wanted to put computer science and information technology in there, but only 10 options are allowed.

If you've applied for graduation, you're encouraged to vote, too. I just don't want to include people who might switch majors.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Nursing. I would have grouped Psychology with Social Sciences and maybe put Health Sciences as a choice, but I'm biased. Wink

dmjacobsen http://donaldjacobsen.com
Author, nurse, and all-around awesome guy
MSN Executive Leadership - The University of Memphis - 2016
MBA Healthcare Management - Western Governors University - 2015
[COLOR="#000080"]Looks like you will be polling a sample group of mostly current IC members who are seeking to graduate. Sure there are some who have graduated and still lurk about a bit so I'll contribute to your sample.

Of course you could add a question such as: If you are a member of the IC Academy and Degree Forum do you believe you can now graduate and achieve success in your academic goals?

[SIZE=4]a. MOST CERTAINLY!

b. Sure I Will
c. I hope so
d. Why not

See what I did there?! :leaving:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
dmjacobsen Wrote:Nursing. I would have grouped Psychology with Social Sciences and maybe put Health Sciences as a choice, but I'm biased. Wink

Social science on its own is a popular major for TESC students because of its flexibility. I didn't really want broad categories, but specific choices. It seems like most people here go for some kind of business degree, but liberal arts/studies and social science also seem popular. Psychology and history are popular to a lesser extent.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
BA in French, MA in French, Ed.S. in TESOL. Also "equivalent of a major" (30 hours) in Math, Spanish, English, and Social Studies for teacher certification. Slowly working on 18 graduate hours in math for dual-credit certification.

(But at the moment, the puppetry major that Sanantone mentioned in another thread is the one I'm most interested in Wink ).
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
I only picked "social sciences" because my other degree was earned long before finding IC.
KayV Wrote:BA in French, MA in French, Ed.S. in TESOL. Also "equivalent of a major" (30 hours) in Math, Spanish, English, and Social Studies for teacher certification. Slowly working on 18 graduate hours in math for dual-credit certification.

(But at the moment, the puppetry major that Sanantone mentioned in another thread is the one I'm most interested in Wink ).

Here you go.
Puppet Arts | Dramatic Arts
College of Creative Arts
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
My degree and official transcript states (mind you this is from June 2003):

My Name
Graduate Date
Associate in Art Degree
Major: Liberal Art & Sciences
Emphasis: Theater Arts: Acting.

I just tell people I have an AA in Liberal Arts, especially since I didnt finish the entire major in ThA which is why it states "Emphasis". Our community college does the Emphasis stuff. If you major in general/liberal arts, and end up taking like 18 units worth of Sociology but not actually majoring in it, they'll put "Emphasis: Sociology". Back in the 1990s before the local universities hiked tuition up by over 200 percent, a lot of students would only do one or 1.5 years at the CC, not even finish their AA degree, just do their basic GE stuff to gain admission, and transfer to the major universities to work/finish their BA. Some of my H.S. classmates did that.

Okay, if you have both an AA and BA, list both the AA and BA. A lot of people once they get the BA ignore the AA even if the AA is in a differnet area. Like AA: Dance History, BA: Business Technology.
Does an Associates in Applied Science - Human Resource Management count as a business degree?

(or for that matter, even as a real associates?)
I put individualized, but I suppose general studies would have been accurate. I don't really sell the undergrad degree, but I think business would be appropriate too as the concentration was Organizational Leadership which included rather a lot of business courses.. Since finishing that one I've finished the MBA so undergrad is to a point a moot subject.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 333 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Amberton website (major) redesign allvia 8 732 08-02-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  Labor Market Outcomes of College Graduates by Major by New Yotk Fed 2023 learnforlife 0 669 03-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: learnforlife
Wink Finally graduated with a BS degree! nomaduser 7 1,055 01-01-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Major Regret? See How These Americans Feel About Their College Degrees LevelUP 4 781 11-26-2022, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Johann
  ROI by major and college sanantone 8 959 09-03-2022, 02:57 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  As an IT major, I decided not to go to any grad school nomaduser 24 1,807 05-08-2022, 03:24 AM
Last Post: Johann
  People treating you differently since you've graduated? collegechick 29 3,308 04-24-2022, 12:20 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  GetEducated.com Major Update (business degrees) freeloader 1 688 04-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Vle045