Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forbes's America's Top 100 Colleges List
America's Top Colleges List - Forbes

Just throwing this out there for the sake of discussion; I'm just speeding through my bachelor's as a) the USAF doesn't care about where it's from too much, and b) it's a stepping stone towards an MBA I'm striving towards, even though that school itself didn't make the list either lol.
I'm guessing most of these schools are private? The majority have student numbers in the sub 5k range. Along with the lovely 40k-60ishk tuition.

Top colleges at making you earn debt, or take money from your trust fund. Big Grin

Edit:

It probably isn't the best example, but I checked the Computer Science programs at a few of the private colleges in the list. I didn't really see anything different in terms of syllabus than at the local community colleges here. The primary difference was that the private colleges had a couple of upper level courses, but they too, didn't seem too much different from courses at public (cheapie) state universities.

Of course, this won't be the case with some of the very large universities on that list like Stanford / Harvard. However I have a feeling that a lot of those private schools are more based on the concept of networking. 'So and so sends his son off to a prestigous private school to earn so and so degree and network with other like-minded / background individuals'
Drakemoore Wrote:I'm guessing most of these schools are private? The majority have student numbers in the sub 5k range. Along with the lovely 40k-60ishk tuition.

Top colleges at making you earn debt, or take money from your trust fund. Big Grin

You made my evening.
:roflol:
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Saharapost Wrote:You made my evening.
:roflol:

I'm glad. I apparently edited that post while you were posting yours.
Small, private universities tout their small class sizes and more personable campuses. The bigger, prestigious universities have the reputations of having great professors. Some of these private universities, usually the bigger ones, have great financial aid packages leaving their graduates with little debt even though their tuition rates are sky high.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
One thing of note. Harvard won't allow you to transfer if you have more than or less than one year in your degree. Although I'm guessing that basically equates to a minimum and maximum transfer of 30 credits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Schools in America Now Becoming More Insane Than North Korea LevelUP 20 2,410 09-26-2023, 04:46 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Python List Comprehension Error: Unexpected Output tom22 3 406 08-29-2023, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Pikachu
  University / Colleges with Grammarly? msa145 1 741 12-18-2022, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Two Words: MADE IN AMERICA LevelUP 20 1,466 10-14-2022, 02:20 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  US Expat Response to the State of America Kal Di 1 572 06-10-2022, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Rainbow Compiled List of Student Discounts jsd 0 608 05-11-2022, 09:57 AM
Last Post: jsd
  How do you list length of course? carebear_007 8 915 01-27-2022, 01:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Banished Words List Alpha 0 511 12-31-2021, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Airfares plummeting for 2022 (Hawaii, Latin America) bjcheung77 5 851 12-27-2021, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  America is Great Because LevelUP 32 3,961 01-13-2021, 09:53 AM
Last Post: LongRoad