Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Force ALEKS Initial Assessment
I took my first Initial Knowledge Assessment last week and scored a 56% for College Algebra. Now after working through some of the pie chart, I feel like I'm ready enough to take another assessment to try and score a 70% or higher for ACE credit. The only options I see within the Masters Account is to "Request New Knowledge Check", is this the assessment that I should be taking or should there be another option to look for? How would I force another Initial Knowledge Assessment?
GOAL 
University: UMPI
Degree: BLS Project Management
COMPLETED CREDITS 56/120
Rowan College @ BC | English Comp. I (3 cr.)
The Institutes | 312N-H Ethics  (2cr.)
Study.com | Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace (3 cr.)
ALEKS | College Algebra (3 cr.)
NFA | Q0118 - Community Safety Educators  (1 cr.)
TEEX | Cyber 101, Cyber 201, Cyber 301 (6cr.)
Sophia | Principles of Finance, Art History II, U.S. History I, Intro. to Nutrition, Art History 1, Environmental Science, Intro to Web Development, Approaches to Studying Religion, Visual Communications, Intro. To Information Technologies, Intro. to Business, Ancient Greek Philosophy, Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict  (38 cr.)
there is no longer an initial knowledge check....now you must complete the New Knowledge Check.   Same Thing..good luck
So if I complete at least 70% of the pie chart, would I be considered finished in terms of qualifying for credit or would I still need to do the knowledge check regardless of what percentage of the chart I've completed?
GOAL 
COMPLETED CREDITS 56/120
Sophia | Principles of Finance, Art History II, U.S. History I, Intro. to Nutrition, Art History 1, Environmental Science, Intro to Web Development, Approaches to Studying Religion, Visual Communications, Intro. To Information Technologies, Intro. to Business, Ancient Greek Philosophy, Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict  (38 cr.)
yes a knowledge check is required confirm atleast 70% mastery
I'm working through ALEKS and with each new knowledge check my score only goes up a small amount.  

I started with 32%, worked through about 20 topics, then it went to 43%.  Should I be working through a lot more to get closer?
MTAW Certified Municipal Treasurer - Wisconsin 
IAAP Certified Administrative Professional
Administrative Professional Associate Degree - Madison College

Next up: Bachelor's Degree 

(07-17-2018, 07:17 AM)ISKBizz15 Wrote: So if I complete at least 70% of the pie chart, would I be considered finished in terms of qualifying for credit or would I still need to do the knowledge check regardless of what percentage of the chart I've completed?

No, it's not what you get on the pie chart, it's only what you get on a knowledge check that counts.  So you'd probably have to work through more than 70% of the pie to score at least 70% on a knowledge check.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Looking to figure this one out. I keep seeing people mentioning "force an assessment" but I cant find a place to do so. I just took a knowledge check and all it did was ask me questions on the things I had already finished. So I went to mastery on all the topics they had already given me but with no opportunity to improve my score on anything else.
If you completed the knowledge check with. 70% or better apply for credit u are done
How would I know what my score is on the knowledge check? With every knowledge check I've taken, I always wonder how I did on the test, but only receive a 1-2 percentage change in the pie chart and not an actual percentage for a grade.
GOAL 
COMPLETED CREDITS 56/120
(07-23-2018, 09:35 PM)scaffdog Wrote: Looking to figure this one out.  I keep seeing people mentioning "force an assessment" but I cant find a place to do so.  I just took a knowledge check and all it did was ask me questions on the things I had already finished.  So I went to mastery on all the topics they had already given me but with no opportunity to improve my score on anything else.

This is requested done through the Master (or Parent) login, not the student login.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,312 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Initial Saylor exam test experiment vetvso 15 2,381 11-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  ALEKS GLMRGIRL717 2 618 08-15-2022, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Information Avant Assessment: Language Proficiency Exams for ACE Credit MNomadic 4 953 02-02-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: irishboy83
  Still time for ALEKS credit? MDW2447 14 3,017 09-10-2021, 03:55 AM
Last Post: echo64
  ALEKS Badges via Acclaim Toastmaster 6 1,346 01-13-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Kab
  How to get ALEKS badge added to Acclaim ashkir 0 1,024 12-09-2020, 03:59 PM
  ALEKS is expiring. gams007 9 1,952 11-13-2020, 07:49 PM
  ALEKS stats and Sophia Overap? Edriveless 4 1,225 05-26-2020, 04:10 PM
Last Post: BrianFallon
  Onlinedegree.com/Aleks/InstaCert Madxhatter 7 1,557 02-19-2020, 12:18 AM