Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fort Hayes - Masters in Liberal Arts - Global Management
(05-05-2018, 10:49 AM)Nodaclu Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 02:13 AM)Muldoon Wrote: Congrats!

Out of curiosity, have you thought about getting a Masters in HR or something like Organizational Leadership/Development?

Definitely! I just haven't been able to find many low-cost, fully online MS-HR grad programs.

WGU has the Management & Leadership MS degree.  Can't beat their price I don't think (even if you did 2 terms).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Nodaclu
(05-05-2018, 10:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote: WGU has the Management & Leadership MS degree.  Can't beat their price I don't think (even if you did 2 terms).

Thank you! Looking at that program, it definitely feels like it would be a good fit based on what I'll be doing in my new job, and would pave the way for me to do the same kinds of things at a higher level.  Smile
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
(05-05-2018, 10:49 AM)Nodaclu Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 02:13 AM)Muldoon Wrote: Congrats!

Out of curiosity, have you thought about getting a Masters in HR or something like Organizational Leadership/Development?

Definitely! I just haven't been able to find many low-cost, fully online MS-HR grad programs.

These are the cheapest online programs I've found so far related to HR (though the MBA's might not appeal to you):

Fort Hayes MBA with Concentration in HRM, $12,527: https://www.fhsu.edu/mba/concentrations/...ation.html

Fitchburg State University also offers an MBA with Concentration in HRM for $12,510: https://www.fitchburgstate.edu/academics...resources/

COSC has a Masters in Organizational Effectiveness and Leadership, roughly $16,764, with possibility to transfer in courses.

CSU Global offers a Masters in HRM, $18,000. I haven't yet determined if you can test out or transfer in classes.

I haven't decided which one I'll pursue after my BSBA degree, unless I go for one of the much cheaper (but not HR focused) options like Patten, Kaplan, WGU, etc. An MBA doesn't sound particularly interesting, but the HRM classes (like recruitment, training and development) sound absolutely fascinating to me.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muldoon's post:
  • Nodaclu
Congrats Smile

If you do Fort Hayes, please detail your experience here. We haven't had many folks go that route and it would be great to have a view into their program.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 3 users Like davewill's post:
  • leland.kirk, Muldoon, Nodaclu
(05-10-2018, 12:22 AM)Muldoon Wrote: These are the cheapest online programs I've found so far related to HR (though the MBA's might not appeal to you):

Fort Hayes MBA with Concentration in HRM, $12,527: https://www.fhsu.edu/mba/concentrations/...ation.html

Fitchburg State University also offers an MBA with Concentration in HRM for $12,510: https://www.fitchburgstate.edu/academics...resources/

COSC has a Masters in Organizational Effectiveness and Leadership, roughly $16,764, with possibility to transfer in courses.

CSU Global offers a Masters in HRM, $18,000. I haven't yet determined if you can test out or transfer in classes.

I haven't decided which one I'll pursue after my BSBA degree, unless I go for one of the much cheaper (but not HR focused) options like Patten, Kaplan, WGU, etc. An MBA doesn't sound particularly interesting, but the HRM classes (like recruitment, training and development) sound absolutely fascinating to me.

Thank you for those!

I'll admit, I'm probably going to actively avoid an MBA in my scenario, for a few different reasons, but I'll look further into COSC's and CSU Global's programs.

Also, one school you mentioned (Patten) does have a concentration in HRM for their MBA program.

The thing that drew me to the Fort Hays MLS - Global Management option was the inclusion of a pair of HRM courses within the program.

Here's another interesting one on the MBA-HR side - LSU-Shreveport is listing their program as 30 units, can be completed in 10 months or less, and a total cost of $12,473,90.

In addition, it's AACSB accredited.

Seems like an excellent option as well.
120/120 units complete

APU has a MA in Management, with concentrations in HRM or Organizational Leadership. No finance, econ, accounting courses required. Cost is $12,600 ($350/cr x 36cr). They are also ACBSP accredited.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Muldoon, Nodaclu
(05-10-2018, 03:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote: APU has a MA in Management, with concentrations in HRM or Organizational Leadership.  No finance, econ, accounting courses required.  Cost is $12,600 ($350/cr x 36cr).  They are also ACBSP accredited.

I really like the sound of that!  Smile
120/120 units complete

(05-10-2018, 03:44 PM)Nodaclu Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 03:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote: APU has a MA in Management, with concentrations in HRM or Organizational Leadership.  No finance, econ, accounting courses required.  Cost is $12,600 ($350/cr x 36cr).  They are also ACBSP accredited.

I really like the sound of that!  Smile

I think WGU's MS in Management is a little more business-y than APU, and certainly cheaper.  But if you don't want a competency-based program, APU seems like a good alternative.  I like their rolling starts, 8-week courses, the format just seems good to me.

I've looked into ENMU's MBA program, and the whole semester thing is what keeps putting me off (it's a $9000 MBA).  I just cannot keep interest in a class for a full semester.  Way too painful.  Week 12, and I'm OUT!
(05-10-2018, 03:52 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I think WGU's MS in Management is a little more business-y than APU, and certainly cheaper.  But if you don't want a competency-based program, APU seems like a good alternative.  I like their rolling starts, 8-week courses, the format just seems good to me.

I've looked into ENMU's MBA program, and the whole semester thing is what keeps putting me off (it's a $9000 MBA).  I just cannot keep interest in a class for a full semester.  Way too painful.  Week 12, and I'm OUT!

I've found Study.com's model (bite sized chunks of info, test on the material, move on) to be ideal for my ADD-addled style of learning. While I realize that most programs aren't set up exactly like this, I'd like to find one that uses something of a similar model.

I think that might make competency-based learning a bit more appealing to me. I'm thinking there will be opportunities for me to move quickly through areas where I have a solid knowledge base, which will motivate me to keep going, as opposed to having to slog through a 15 week semester, regardless of how easy or difficult the material is for me.
120/120 units complete

[-] The following 1 user Likes Nodaclu's post:
  • Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 268 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 491 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 261 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,094 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,973 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 491 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,616 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 520 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,587 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Summary of ENEB Masters in Big Data and Business Intelligence Pinko64 4 1,132 02-04-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: housecat