Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found: $1,500 (TOTAL) At-own-pace Law School
creditmonsoon Wrote:hmm. Would receiving a JD allow me to one day be able to have a "foot in the door" if I choose to finish up with a bar exam in my state, or do I run the chance of my JD being seen as nothing but a diploma from a diploma mill? That's my only concern. Is it legit?

No, you will not be able to sit for the bar outside of CA with one of these JDs.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
creditmonsoon Wrote:hmm. Would receiving a JD allow me to one day be able to have a "foot in the door" if I choose to finish up with a bar exam in my state, or do I run the chance of my JD being seen as nothing but a diploma from a diploma mill? That's my only concern. Is it legit?

This is legit, not a diploma mill. But it won't help you in other states, since it's specifically for CA. Other states may have their own policies though, for online JD's. Who knows.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
What manner of sorcery resurrected this 5-year-old post?
dmjacobsen Wrote:What manner of sorcery resurrected this 5-year-old post?

I always wonder about the zombie threads myself. People must search on a key word, and old stuff pops up. They don't see the date, post a comment, and voila, it's back!
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Late night spammers resurrect zombie threads, the spam is removed, and someone posts a comment without noticing the date.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:Late night spammers resurrect zombie threads, the spam is removed, and someone posts a comment without noticing the date.

But the posters (not spammers) seem to comment on the actual thread, rather than something the spammer says. Plus, wouldn't the comment from the spammer have to be on there before the poster comments, and then be deleted? Because if it was deleted first, then the commenter wouldn't see the post as new. So it would be this window of time between the spammer posting, the commenter commenting, and then the spammer being deleted. And the commenter comments specifically on the posting, without referencing the spammer.

Hmmm...I really have no idea, just throwing out thoughts. My brain gives up on this! I'm just procrastinating working on statistics...
I don't know, it kind of makes sense. the first reply that Slobodon made ("...........") had the subject like of " 'white shoe' law firm is the stock phrase" as if he/she was replying to a spam post, that we don't see anymore. KayV might be on to something.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Whenever I've bumped up a zombie thread, it's typically because I did a search and only found old/or interesting info... and sometimes instead of starting a new thread where some things will have to be repeated, I decide to just post on the old one.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
I report spam posts fairly often and they are sometimes fairly plausible-looking. Someone will respond in good faith to one of these spam posts and once the spam itself is deleted we have a zombie thread going.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
Searches + Spam = Zombies

An equation that would make ALEKS much more interesting!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nicaragua seizes all assets from INCAE Business School elcastor21 0 297 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
Question Poll: Just not sure what to major in for grad school and which direction to go! Randyb100 21 1,470 05-26-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 2,585 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Some People Have Found a Novel Way to Get Money to Ukrainians LevelUP 0 508 03-06-2022, 09:53 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  School Psychologists?? Vle045 3 907 01-21-2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  U of Michigan removes School President bjcheung77 0 557 01-15-2022, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Worst School Name Alpha 13 2,063 10-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Should taxpayers fund any and every choice in school and/or major? sanantone 14 1,653 08-19-2021, 01:19 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  It's found! No, not Sponge Bob's underpants... bjcheung77 0 509 07-27-2021, 07:09 PM
  Back 2 School - Buy Mac/iPad - get AirPods + 20% off AppleCare bjcheung77 0 672 06-23-2021, 04:59 PM