Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foundations of Gerontology
any advice, study guides for this test..tried posting in specific test area but it wouldnt allow me to.....anything???!!!!!
I think there is a study101group like study guide.
Currently enrolled at TESC:
A.A.S in Respiratory Care (need english to finish)
MOS 91V US ARMY
A.A.S in computer studies (need english to finish)
MOS 25B US ARMY
6 more S.H. to finish both degrees hilarious

passed CLEP:
spanish 65
information systems and computer app 50
Intro to Psych 57

passed dsst:
intro to computers 53
heres to your health 55
substance abuse 400
management information systems 50
Intro to world religions 457
civlil war & reconstruction 57
Technical writing 53
criminal justice 455

Passed excelsior:
health differences across the lifespan 1 "C"
essentials of nursing: health differences "B"
Pathophysiology "B"
Nursing Fundamentals "C"

failed:
intro to sociology
A&I lit
Freshman comp
Natural Science
malenurse Wrote:any advice, study guides for this test..tried posting in specific test area but it wouldnt allow me to.....anything???!!!!!

Here is the feeback I wrote on this Exam I took it few weeks ago...I hope it helps

Got a B used IC( did not study as much) and EC practice test Also study EC Adulthood and aging
On my Version of the text there were quite a number of questions on social security and the Older American act, also steady hard on the dying I can’t really remember what was on it but I did not do well. Search on what people live longer, Japanese, Asians etc, and something about ACE inhibitors I did not come across it in the study material and know something on anomie I just came across it in EC practice test and it was on the test
Also know different types of living arrangements for the elderly.
Also know why retirement was introduced in the USA society and a lot on the Dependency ratio, I had a few questions on the exchange theory it showed up a number of time and senescence. I know what on Gerophobia according to Gerontologist,.
Know Eriskson despair and Integrity. A number of questions on Dependency Ratio.

I had some question I never seen on Max Weber and Watson.

Know the difference between Medicare and Medicaid. A lot of questions on disengagement theory, what percent make up people in nursing home and projections of older Hispanic projections in the future.

Many questions on Longitudinal studies and Cohorts, Know the difference between life span and life expectancy and what are Normal age-related change quite a number of questions. Something about Vitamin E and Free radicals.
Know the difference between Presbycusis and Preshyopia.
Know about Haylick and cell division and why older women are less likely to have sex in old age (it’s not because of chronic disease or pain)

Know the first and second cause of death for people over 65.

I highly recommend to Purchase the EC practice test it really help

Thanks Mapalo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New ASU EA/UL Course: CIS194 Cloud Foundations MNomadic 6 809 11-03-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Foundations of Gerontology-Testing soon bunnybu 3 1,030 07-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Last Post: bunnybu
  How to study for the Foundations of Education exam? JN1982 2 1,294 07-04-2017, 09:45 AM
Last Post: makarioso
  Foundations of Gerontology bunnybu 0 731 04-28-2017, 04:55 PM
Last Post: bunnybu
  Foundations of Education DSST? QueenAnn93 6 1,483 12-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Last Post: teacher2
  Small Business Management vs. Foundations of Leadership TESC courses AlmostGraduated 3 938 01-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Last Post: AlmostGraduated
  Struggling with Foundations of Gerontology - Help Appreciated! SuZQ2 4 853 08-25-2014, 12:23 PM
Last Post: SuZQ2
  Foundations of Gerontology ak7083 2 622 02-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  Foundations of Education DSST exam Rama 1 1,148 09-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  Doing the happy dance - got an A on the Foundations of Gerontology ECE this morning! GoodYellowDogs 3 933 07-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Last Post: jmichelle79