Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New degree at Full Sail
The last time I checked this school was pretty expensive but if you've got the money and want a degree in gaming business and esports then I guess you can stop looking
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/full-sai...ZKBBQRQUQ/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
My son would love that! He wants to be a pro-gamer so bad. (Like a lot of teen boys, I guess)

Oh wow. They really don’t focus too much on the traditional Gen Eds. My son would probably love that even more.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
Full Sail is very different than most schools. They're NA so they have some leeway that RA doesn't provide. They are pretty pricy though. It's a pretty funky school. They don't follow the cookie cutter mold at all.

https://www.fullsail.edu/admissions/tuition
(04-29-2022, 12:58 PM)Vle045 Wrote: My son would love that!  He wants to be a pro-gamer so bad.  (Like a lot of teen boys, I guess)

Oh wow.  They really don’t focus too much on the traditional Gen Eds.    My son would probably love that even more.

I think this degree might be like one in crypto-trading. Some glamour, little chance of a decent living. At worst, it would feed addiction. At best, a young person might have something to do until they find a job - in another field. 

Chance of success is like chance of entry into the NBA. From other posts, I gather your son is approaching driving age, right? I suggest he doesn't order the Maserati quite yet.  Smile
(04-30-2022, 12:52 PM)Johann Wrote: I think this degree might be like one in crypto-trading. Some glamour, little chance of a decent living. At worst, it would feed addiction. At best, a young person might have something to do until they find a job - in another field. 

Chance of success is like chance of entry into the NBA. From other posts, I gather your son is approaching driving age, right? I suggest he doesn't order the Maserati quite yet.  Smile

He should definitely hold off on that Maserati. Here's the tuition for the 29 month programs in gaming:

Game Art
$733/Credit Hour
120 Credit Hours
$88,000 Degree Total

Game Business & Esports
$554/Credit Hour
120 Credit Hours
$66,500 Degree Total

Game Design
$733/Credit Hour
120 Credit Hours
$88,000 Degree Total

Game Development
$733/Credit Hour
120 Credit Hours
$88,000 Degree Total
Full Sail has surprisingly decent student outcomes, especially compared to other NA schools.

Still not worth that price tag, though.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
SNHU has a BA in Game Art & Development or a BS in Game Programming & Development, and they'll take 90cr of transfer, so the last 30cr there would run you $9600.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • suzycupcake
(04-30-2022, 12:52 PM)Johann Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 12:58 PM)Vle045 Wrote: My son would love that!  He wants to be a pro-gamer so bad.  (Like a lot of teen boys, I guess)

Oh wow.  They really don’t focus too much on the traditional Gen Eds.    My son would probably love that even more.

I think this degree might be like one in crypto-trading. Some glamour, little chance of a decent living. At worst, it would feed addiction. At best, a young person might have something to do until they find a job - in another field. 

He’d rather get a Lamborghini.  Wink

At this point… if he’s at least *thinking* about *any* college, its a step in the right direction.
He also wouldn’t mind joining the NBA. LOL
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Off-Topic:  0.03% of high school basketball players make it to the NBA.
Odds of Becoming a NBA Player | Inspirational Basketball
My NBA dreams lasted until I was about 16.  Hopefully, the odds of using this degree to become employed in the gaming industry are better than that.
Hmm... I would recommend the free XAMK courses first for transferable credit, he can go for a certificate in game development or something similar at the local community college when the time comes. I suggest getting CLEP/Sophia.org credits and dual enrollment if possible to start off (get him up to 90 credits or more)... give him time to complete these freebies or cheap options for credit until he's ready for a real degree at the Associates or Bachelors level, there's really no need to rush until he's ready. He can get a Pierpont BOG AAS emphasis in IS/IT/Gaming, if he can't decide then when he reaches 20...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 695 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 294 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 658 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,810 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 588 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,958 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 523 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 291 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 883 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,252 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM