Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society?
I belong to sixteen High IQ societies. From here on out I am only interested in joining High IQ societies rated above Mensa.
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
Wow, talk about zombie thread, this is over a decade old
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • carrythenothing, FastTrackDegree
dewisant Wrote:I belong to sixteen High IQ societies. From here on out I am only interested in joining High IQ societies rated above Mensa.

Oh yeah, the thread's from 2009! Anyways, I don't think I can even get into Mensa... I wouldn't mind joining a society or two, basically thinking of a Psychology one when I start and then finish my Walden MS Psychology. Only time can tell... I haven't started the MS Psych yet!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • dewisant
If a thread is more than a couple of years old, usually it's better to create a new thread.

I have taken a few of the online IQ tests though I forget my scores. It seems you could get trained on how to do the tests to score higher.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-11-2022, 08:19 PM)LevelUP Wrote: If a thread is more than a couple of years old, usually it's better to create a new thread.

I have taken a few of the online IQ tests though I forget my scores. It seems you could get trained on how to do the tests to score higher.

Oh, indeed you can. You can buy books with many such tests, maybe 100 or so and instructions for practice to improve your score. With some people, it's a kind of hobby - like sudoku puzzles, only a bit more varied. My experience is that SOME of these "societies" - NOT including Mensa, are purely money-oriented and pretty much con-games, based on flattery. According to a couple I tried online, I am a gold-plated genius. That news was usually followed with a request for $75 to $200 for membership in the "society" and for a bit more, I could be inducted into the society's bogus "prestigious Think Tank." I never even considered giving 'em a single dollar. When I recognized the repeating pattern, I quit.

The con-man's best friend is an intelligent mark. The mark will "fill in the blanks" to make the scheme seem valid to them, if they like it. The scheme-operators play up to vanity - which is the easiest thing to appeal to. Works on almost everybody. I'm as vain as heck - and I can't really tell you why it never worked on me. Maybe I'm NOT SMART enough to "fill in the blanks" for the con-artist. Who knows?

Doesn't appeal to me. Too much like collecting phony degrees. I KNOW what my real IQ is through valid testing in a clinical setting and I also know how little the number really means, through a bit more than half-a-dozen psych courses in college and uni. I'm happy with that number. Don't need some money-hungry hack to pump up my ego.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johann's post:
  • rachel83az
Online IQ tests are not entirely reliable. I had my son IQ tested when he was little. There was a whole section about fine motor skills that involved the psychologist observing him. It was 1/4 of the total score.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • Johann, rachel83az
(05-11-2022, 11:42 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Online IQ tests are not entirely reliable.  I had my son IQ tested when he was little. There was a whole section about fine motor skills that involved the psychologist observing him. It was 1/4 of the total score.

Good to hear. Obviously, real psychologist - real test. And properly geared to your son's age. Well done, Mom!
Being able to "train" on the IQ tests is part of why I never bothered with them. You're not showing how intelligent you are, just that you can pass a specific test. If I want to know that I can do that, all I need to do is look at my TESU transcripts.

(05-11-2022, 11:42 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Online IQ tests are not entirely reliable.  I had my son IQ tested when he was little. There was a whole section about fine motor skills that involved the psychologist observing him. It was 1/4 of the total score.

That's kind of sad. By that, I mean that there are plenty of intelligent children who have something like cerebral palsy and lack in fine motor skills as a result. Historically, these children have been labeled as "slow" or "stupid", even when their brains worked fine. I would hope that the modern IQ tests for children would adjust for that, but I am not confident that they would.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-12-2022, 12:10 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Being able to "train" on the IQ tests is part of why I never bothered with them. You're not showing how intelligent you are, just that you can pass a specific test. If I want to know that I can do that, all I need to do is look at my TESU transcripts.

That's kind of sad. By that, I mean that there are plenty of intelligent children who have something like cerebral palsy and lack in fine motor skills as a result. Historically, these children have been labeled as "slow" or "stupid", even when their brains worked fine. I would hope that the modern IQ tests for children would adjust for that, but I am not confident that they would.

I don’t think any real psychologist would ever use it like that at all. School Psychologists will use IQ tests as part of the ETR evaluation so they can help come up with a plan to provide appropriate instruction and accomodations on an IEP.  It’s not used to imply a negative connotation of slow or stupid.  Just to determine where the student is and how to best support them.

For us, it was just a part of an overall evaluation to figure out what my son was experiencing in school.  His fine motor skills (processing speed, etc) was his lowest component as part of his ADHD.  (So I guess in a way, similar to what you were referring to). He’s what you might call twice exceptional.  ADHD with a high IQ.  His ADHD limits his ability to get the grades he is capable of, and his high IQ prevents him from getting an IEP because he’s smart and doesn’t need specially designed instruction.   It’s a battle I have been fighting for 10 years now.   He’s been in private, public and charter schools.

I should add that the psychologist said that overall, his IQ score wouldn’t change… except the motor skills. She said that could be improved with maturity and the right supports.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • dewisant
(05-11-2022, 06:39 PM)dewisant Wrote: I belong to sixteen High IQ societies. From here on out I am only interested in joining High IQ societies rated above Mensa.

I am... do you know of any new or good ones?
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Med School Tutors now part of Blueprint Test Prep! bjcheung77 0 489 11-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Looking for EQ & IQ Tests online: Anyone? bjcheung77 6 975 10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,324 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  The Big 3 (3.25+ GPA) and the Order of the Sword and Shield National Honor Society Life Long Learning 6 1,562 11-21-2019, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TheMaskedMutant
  Peterson's Practice Tests mseldomridge 9 3,515 11-20-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Heisrisen2916
  Can't find my Peterson's tests! studyandpass5 0 854 06-29-2019, 11:47 AM
Last Post: studyandpass5
  Can we get access to Peterson's tests through TESU? studyandpass5 4 1,550 05-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Intro to Psychology CLEP - Peterson's practice tests S.Tesla 0 1,338 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: S.Tesla
  Only two CLEP tests per day Jenniferinfl 6 1,834 02-12-2019, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl
  Am I ready for my CLEP tests? Jenniferinfl 21 3,786 01-30-2019, 10:43 PM
Last Post: quigongene