Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free Certified Project Officer certification
I was in the first cohort when this started to run. I thought I saw someone post it before but I couldn't find it.

It is 12 live session where you and other students interact with different speakers.

You can participate in the different knowledge building exercises. They will provide you with a link to their website where you can acess your knowledge through quizzes.

At the end you will get Certified Project Officer certification. If you want to go higher there are others you can do for the cost of the exam or the interview (depends on the certification).

They are currently working on getting COOL approval for those that are Military.

I did like the course, I have a basic level of knowledge for project management i.e. and this actually helped fill in some of those gaps.

Link to register https://bit.ly/3swaDvA

I put this in the free certification spot because it is open to first responders as well as Military personnel.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(04-22-2021, 12:38 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: I was in the first cohort when this started to run. I thought I saw someone post it before but I couldn't find it.

It is 12 live session where you and other students interact with different speakers.

You can participate in the different knowledge building exercises. They will provide you with a link to their website where you can acess your knowledge through quizzes.

At the end you will get Certified Project Officer certification.  If you want to go higher there are others you can do for the cost of the exam or the interview (depends on the certification).

They are currently working on getting COOL approval for those that are Military.

I did like the course, I have a basic level of knowledge for project management i.e. and this actually helped fill in some of those gaps.

Link to register  https://bit.ly/3swaDvA

I put this in the free certification spot because it is open to first responders as well as Military personnel.

Interesting, I hadn't heard of that one. Do you happen to know how it compares to a PMI cert(PMP/CAPM)?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I think this is interesting.

For those that didn't read Roy's first post fully, it is targeted to military
I haven't taken the PMP, but CPO is Basically a step below. One of my friends did the CPO cert first and then Did the PMP and has said that a lot of the things he learned in the CPO course prepared him for the PMP.

(04-23-2021, 01:20 AM)ashkir Wrote: I think this is interesting.

For those that didn't read Roy's first post fully, it is targeted to military
First responders, military dependents, and retirees can apply.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • MNomadic
Thee link currently just says Registration is full and the email in the link was returned. Can you provide the main link for information on the Provider so I can maybe find the next course registration period? Thanks
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
Here's the actual website

https://dolcoach.com/products/basic/

First responders, military dependents, and retirees can apply
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

I completed this offering last week and had the credential issued.

Pros:
1. Ability to makeup if one missed a session.
2. Content rich resources available on the OPEN website at no cost.
3. Qualified instructors that encouraged expanding your network on LinkedIn etc.
4. Free.

Cons:

1. Not as recognized as PMP or even a CAPM.
2. No ACE evaluation.
3. Specific class times.

From a knowledge standpoint, it is worth it. If you need some PM credential for a job, this is geared toward those doing PM type work, as there wasnt terribly much theory - a lot of practical stuff.

Worthwhile use of time. Thanks for posting ROYISAGIRL!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
[-] The following 2 users Like BrianFallon's post:
  • ROYISAGIRL, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 2 85 Yesterday, 08:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is MNomadic 20 4,086 Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Free Coursera for Californians ashkir 8 2,937 04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,211 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,535 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 662 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,800 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,104 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,828 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,226 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM