Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free-Clep-Prep Results?
Good afternoon everyone,
In preparing to take the CLEP College Mathematics, I came across this clep prep website (I am sure you have seen it already)  http://www.free-clep-prep.com/College-Ma...-CLEP.html

On that site, it lists all the topics covered on the CLEP exam and links to teach you the concepts.  

Has anyone on here used that website as their sole study resource for their CLEP exams?  If so, what was the result of your exam?

Thanks in advance everyone.
(03-01-2018, 12:58 PM)acamp Wrote: Good afternoon everyone,
In preparing to take the CLEP College Mathematics, I came across this clep prep website (I am sure you have seen it already)  http://www.free-clep-prep.com/College-Ma...-CLEP.html

On that site, it lists all the topics covered on the CLEP exam and links to teach you the concepts.  

Has anyone on here used that website as their sole study resource for their CLEP exams?  If so, what was the result of your exam?

While it's a great study resource, I would not recommend using it as your ONLY source. I'm not sure when that was last updated, but sometimes his links don't work anymore, so make sure to check them. Try pairing Free-Clep-Prep up with Peterson's tests (if there's one for the College Mathematics), the official CLEP book (a must!!), the REA College Mathematics book, and InstantCert.
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyandpass5's post:
  • greencouch
I don't think Justin ever intended to be a sole source of information and he's always recommended the flashcards here as well as other sources too. In fact, it was his experience here that was a factor in him creating the site. (Hope I remember that correctly... haven't talked to him for years)

But one of my favorite things about the site is the degree of difficulty charts! Love those - I don't always agree, but it's a great way to think about testing.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
(03-01-2018, 03:00 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote:

While it's a great study resource, I would not recommend using it as your ONLY source. I'm not sure when that was last updated, but sometimes his links don't work anymore, so make sure to check them. Try pairing Free-Clep-Prep up with Peterson's tests (if there's one for the College Mathematics), the official CLEP book (a must!!), the REA College Mathematics book, and InstantCert.

Thank you for your reply.  Based on all of hose resources you named, is there one that you would say is most effective?

(03-01-2018, 04:21 PM)burbuja0512 Wrote: I don't think Justin ever intended to be a sole source of information and he's always recommended the flashcards here as well as other sources too.  In fact, it was his experience here that was a factor in him creating the site.   (Hope I remember that correctly... haven't talked to him for years)

But one of my favorite things about the site is the degree of difficulty charts!   Love those - I don't always agree, but it's a great way to think about testing.

Interesting - did Justin (I am guessing the owner of that free-clep-help website) does he frequent this degreeforum board as well?
(03-01-2018, 08:02 PM)acamp Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 03:00 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  Based on all of hose resources you named, is there one that you would say is most effective?

(03-01-2018, 04:21 PM)burbuja0512 Wrote: I don't think Justin ever intended to be a sole source of information and he's always recommended the flashcards here as well as other sources too.  In fact, it was his experience here that was a factor in him creating the site.   (Hope I remember that correctly... haven't talked to him for years)

But one of my favorite things about the site is the degree of difficulty charts!   Love those - I don't always agree, but it's a great way to think about testing.

Interesting - did Justin (I am guessing the owner of that free-clep-help website) does he frequent this degreeforum board as well?

I would say definitely the Peterson's tests and the official CLEP book. Sometimes the REA books were hit or miss, but generally I found them helpful. If nothing else, they have practice tests you can take.
(03-01-2018, 08:02 PM)acamp Wrote:

Yes - Justin was on here at the same time I was doing my COSC degree, so roughly the 2010-11 time frame, although I think he may have been a longstanding member when I signed up.    He was talking about his site when he was here and even had some of us test it when it was in its infancy.  Super cool guy and hope he's doing well.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,538 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 30,179 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 466 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  MBA students receive free Apple Vision Pro Imbanewbie 0 303 02-07-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 56 9,955 11-19-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Over 25 in Massachusetts, Free Community College bjcheung77 0 569 08-25-2023, 04:41 PM
  California - Fall Is Free! bjcheung77 3 610 08-18-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 508 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
  Would you drive 1,000+ miles to earn free college credit? bjcheung77 13 1,325 05-16-2023, 07:32 AM
  Job Offers Free College natshar 3 893 05-02-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: wildebeest