Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Clep and DSSt tests & transcripts
Hello all, 

A friend showed me some free courses that modern states gives out. I'm wondering if there are free sites for DSST like modern states. 

Also, I'm wondering how transcripts are paid for with clep and dsst. Are you charged for each college you took clep and dsst at, or is it that your charged twice for all DSST and Clep tests with a fixed rate? 

Thanks!

Nicholas J. R.
No freebies for DSST's unfortunately.

If you are enrolled at a school when you take the CLEP or DSST, you can ask that they send the scores directly to your school when you finish the exam. You put in the school code when you are getting set up to take the exam. And it's free.

If you aren't enrolled now, then when you're ready, you request that a transcript be sent to the school of your choice, and you pay a fee for it. CLEP and DSST will each (separately) send a transcript. 1 transcript for all DSST exams, 1 for all CLEP exams.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks very much! Right now I'm not enrolled at a college. Since I can get college credit and make my high school transcripts stronger, I didin't see any need to rush. My only concern was that I'd be paying extra money for every diffrent college I took a clep or dsst at, But since that's not the case, I have nothing to fear.
Unfortunately, DSST doesn't have a comparable program. Every few months, they do run promotions that allow for one free re-take of an exam if it take it within a certain period. I believe they were running this promotion from August to the end of September. It may still be going on. You'll have to pay the test center fee again, but the re-take voucher would be free.

It's still well worth the price though. $30 per credit hour is cheaper than anywhere else you'll find, especially for upper level credits. The only thing I don't like is that fewer people take DSSTs than CLEPs, so it harder to find study material that directly corresponds to the tests. The tests themselves are fairly easy though. Most tests have a pass rate of 60-70%, which is comparable to CLEP tests.
(09-27-2018, 01:36 PM)FishNDip Wrote: Thanks very much! Right now I'm not enrolled at a college. Since I can get college credit and make my high school transcripts stronger, I didin't see any need to rush. My only concern was that I'd be paying extra money for every diffrent college I took a clep or dsst at, But since that's not the case, I have nothing to fear.

When you take the tests, you get to send it to one college for free. I suggest you send the scores to whichever college you plan on attending. If you end up attending, then you've saved a few dollars. If you go somewhere else, you're in the same position you are now.
(10-25-2018, 05:44 AM)alexf.1990 Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 01:36 PM)FishNDip Wrote: Thanks very much! Right now I'm not enrolled at a college. Since I can get college credit and make my high school transcripts stronger, I didin't see any need to rush. My only concern was that I'd be paying extra money for every diffrent college I took a clep or dsst at, But since that's not the case, I have nothing to fear.

When you take the tests, you get to send it to one college for free. I suggest you send the scores to whichever college you plan on attending. If you end up attending, then you've saved a few dollars. If you go somewhere else, you're in the same position you are now.

If you send scores to a college you're not enrolled at (or at least, haven't applied), they won't have a file to match them up against, and will just throw them away.  So this is not a good option for everyone.

Easier to just wait until you're applied/enrolled somewhere, and send a single transcript for CLEP, and another for DSST.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,522 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 30,137 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 451 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  MBA students receive free Apple Vision Pro Imbanewbie 0 299 02-07-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 428 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 56 9,946 11-19-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Most expensive transcripts? clep3705 8 686 09-06-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Over 25 in Massachusetts, Free Community College bjcheung77 0 567 08-25-2023, 04:41 PM
  California - Fall Is Free! bjcheung77 3 607 08-18-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 507 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM