Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free College Credit from TEEX!
I emailed a COSC advisor about these courses as well as the 3 saylor.org courses which are NCCR approved. Here's an excerpt from an "enrollment services assistant":

[INDENT]"...courses assessed by ACE should transfer without difficulty, as should any courses with ACE or National CCR assessment.". [/INDENT]

I'm not sure how an advisor and an enrollment services assistant differ, if any. Anyone know?
Does anyone know if any of these courses can be considered natural science? Like a computer science course?
We're still waiting for Kujo to get a response.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
There is a possibility that it may be considered natural science credits?
I received a response from TESC. The assistant dean still has not evaluated the TEEX.course. The advisor did say that these courses would apply to my area of study in my AAS in Military Technology and Leadership. The way it sounded is that the courses woud not be duplicates. The advisor said that they would update me when the evaul is done. I am just going to send my ACE CREDIT transcript into TESC and see what happens.
What courses should I take if I hope to get three credits in natural science-computer science?
KUJO Wrote:I received a response from TESC. The assistant dean still has not evaluated the TEEX.course. The advisor did say that these courses would apply to my area of study in my AAS in Military Technology and Leadership. The way it sounded is that the courses woud not be duplicates. The advisor said that they would update me when the evaul is done. I am just going to send my ACE CREDIT transcript into TESC and see what happens.

Great. I'm almost finished with all of them. I hope they count toward AAS Computer Studies for the Computer classs credits. I need 8 more and if I can get this as 6 then I just need to take the CLEP intro to computers. They didn't say how many credits they would grant yet right?
I try not to complain often. But I'm going to right now. I'm on the TEEX website to enroll in the cyber security courses. I don't mind reasonable questions. But the form required me to answer background questions such Type of Dept/Agency, Type of Jurisdiction, Primary Job Duties, Professional Background. Ok... they collect more info than most. The thing that irritated me the most is they assume you work with or for the government. I did not have options to select "No agency association" or "private citizen" or even "student", etc. I would have gladly given some other info for them to check on me. After all... I am whole-heartedly against terrorism and think it should be prosecuted beyond the extent of the current laws. But, come on, dang it. Who is going to review this stuff? And if the knowledge gained is being used nefariously, who will know?

I guess what it boils down is in order to enroll, they made me select the incorrect but closest-to-anywhere-in-the-same-state answers. I don't like that I was forced to do that! Maybe some of you think I'm blowing this out of proportion. It just feels wrong.
rvm Wrote:I try not to complain often. But I'm going to right now. I'm on the TEEX website to enroll in the cyber security courses. I don't mind reasonable questions. But the form required me to answer background questions such Type of Dept/Agency, Type of Jurisdiction, Primary Job Duties, Professional Background. Ok... they collect more info than most. The thing that irritated me the most is they assume you work with or for the government. I did not have options to select "No agency association" or "private citizen" or even "student", etc. I would have gladly given some other info for them to check on me. After all... I am whole-heartedly against terrorism and think it should be prosecuted beyond the extent of the current laws. But, come on, dang it. Who is going to review this stuff? And if the knowledge gained is being used nefariously, who will know?

I guess what it boils down is in order to enroll, they made me select the incorrect but closest-to-anywhere-in-the-same-state answers. I don't like that I was forced to do that! Maybe some of you think I'm blowing this out of proportion. It just feels wrong.

I don't mind lying to the government.
DONE!!!! :hurray:hilarious:hurray: 120 out of 120 Complete. BSBA in CIS at Thomas Edison State College

TESC - 9 C/H
Strategic Bus Management (BUS 425) - A
Sys Analysis and Design - A
Network Tech TECEP (CMP-311) - Pass

CLEP - 15 C/H
College Comp - 56
Prin of Management - 62
Prin of Marketing - 61
Business Law - 59

DSST - 9 C/H
Introduction to Comp - 476
M.I.S. - 464

South Suburban Com Col - 18 C/H
Phil 101 & 107, 16 credits in Music Study/diction/composition

Microsoft MCSA - 3 credit hours in BSBA CIS Area of Study

ALEKS-Straighterline-Penn Foster-FEMA-TEEX - 12-39-6-6-= 66 CR Hours
Interm/ Algebra, Col. Algebra, PreCalculus, Intro to Stats - Managerial Acc, Intro Bio, Business Ethics, Org. Behavior, US History I & II, Intro Psych, Macro, Microeconomics, Bus Comm., Intro to Business, Acc I & II - Intro to Prog, Fin. Management - TEEX IS Security Courses
brucet3 Wrote:I don't mind lying to the government.

Bruce, I can understand why. They take us for granted, lie to us constantly and pound [substitute your own word here but I'm trying to keep it clean] us every chance they get. They are destroying every fiber of this country. And they do it because they can and because we don't or won't fight back. But just because the govt takes the low, stinking road of shame does not mean I should do the same.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,486 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 29,916 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,177 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,531 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,924 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 424 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 229 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 495 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 389 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 728 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM