Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outlier.org - 2 For 1 Courses
(12-18-2022, 02:25 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
dfrecore Wrote:I'm not certain why anyone would think that taking 1 or 2 classes and getting a "U of Pitts!" transcript makes any difference to anyone, anywhere?  Who cares?!?  If you don't graduate from a school, then having some classes from there is practically useless in terms of bragging rights.  If you go to Harvard or Stanford for 3 ½ years, then graduate from TESU, your degree just says "TESU" and nobody will know you went to Stanford/Harvard.

This is not a good enough reason to pay more for classes...it MAY be a decent deal if you need RA credits, but it's certainly not going to give you some sort of "cred" or "bump" in status.

LOL, not sure why you're only focusing on the transcript alone, it's not the only reason I put the deal on here...  People need to look at a 2 for 1 deal at every way possible to see if it's for them or not, check the pros and cons.  It's like me buying my first 1980 Corolla at a used car dealership, I didn't buy it because it was 'poop brown' in color, it was the cheapest usable car on the lot and hit all the requirements I had for it...  It's like buying a 2 for 1 meal at a new restaurant with a Groupon, who would care if you got it through Groupon or not!  The same thing here, for those reading, decide for yourself.

Here's an example someone would go for this 2 in 1 deal:  They don't like Sophia.org or Study.com for Calculus I or Computer Science I and want to take a more traditional approach.  Instead of going to a community college or university, this would be a viable alternative.  Especially since some people here get education reimbursed by Guild Education if their company goes that route.  They're saving their company money and getting a 2 for 1.  This is also viable for people who were posting comments on the original Outlier.org thread mentioning they'll take a course or two anyways, to test that system out, this saves them that 1 course.  It's up to them to decide...

Here's an example for a con, they know they want the cheapest option possible, they know they're not going with Outlier.org anyways and would go for something else like TECEP or TEL Learning, whatever other RA options.  The learning material isn't as concise or fit the quality of a real class.  Some Sophia/Study.com courses are as I mentioned in the Beginners Guide, high school level as these are intro courses. Just like your post here, you can get it as cheap, easy, fast but what if it's not exactly what they're looking for? https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid339151

For those reading, you decide if the 2 for 1 course sale is for you or not.  All 'deals' on Slickdeals for example, may or may not apply to you.  I only got this email as I grabbed one of their courses Nov 17 and starting in Jan 25.  They sent this email to me to notify me of this deal and I'm posting it, it's not for the 'tip of the ice berg U of Pitts transcript' alone.  That is just one minor of many reasons I would take the courses, it's the learning gained from it that counts more.

[b]bjcheung77[/b] What did you think about the course?  More work than most?  I've been dying to try one and the 2 for 1 may knock out some RA's.
kt320

In Progress:
TESU - BSAST Degree in Aviation Flight Technology

Sophia - Algebra, US History II

Completed:
TECEP - Meteorology
TESU - SOS-110
Sophia - Intro to Ethics, Art History I & II, Developing Effective Teams, US History I
I'm thinking about taking the Outlier Calculus course but am concerned about it only being 3 semester hours. I'd use it for the Mathematics degree at TESU, which requires 4 semester hours for Calc I. Haven't applied to TESU yet, so I thought I'd ask the collective here for their thoughts.
Not half off, but close enough:

Black Friday is almost here, but why should you have to wait for the best deal of the season: save an extra 40% off the world’s best online courses that are already half the cost of traditional college.

Now’s the time to invest in your future and earn college credits, for less. Plus, if you do all the work and don’t pass, you’ll get a full refund, so you have nothing to lose.

Snag this deal before it’s gone. Offer expires on 11/28.

Use promo code: BLACKFRIDAY40
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 30 3,403 04-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,736 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 728 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 784 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 559 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 667 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 293 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 567 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 453 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  outlier College Writing II liangju1@asu.edu 4 588 11-10-2023, 12:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77