Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Ethics Course
docmarvin Wrote:So if I studied all the quizzes and final exam, there's a high chance that I'll pass this course? I'm on leave Wednesday/Thursday. Is it easy to schedule a ProctorU?

Yes, studying the quizzes and final is definitely enough to pass in my opinion. The majority of the questions on the exam were covered in the quizzes and final, and those that weren't were easy to figure out by process of elimination. This was my first time using ProctorU and it was pretty easy to use. Took a few minutes to set up my account and then I was able to schedule my exam for an hour out. The cost was $25. It was a little weird at first knowing someone was watching me, but after a while I wasn't even thinking about it. I say go for it! If you don't pass, you're only out $25 and you can always take it again if you want.
You're right...I don't get the reference.
So, Does TESU accept Saylor's Proctor U exam for credit if it's passed, or do I have to take the more expensive TECEP?  

I contacted both TESU and Saylor and couldn't get a straight answer.  

Thanks for any info.
(04-19-2018, 09:40 PM)lindyk8 Wrote: So, Does TESU accept Saylor's Proctor U exam for credit if it's passed, or do I have to take the more expensive TECEP?  

Thanks for any info.

I've lost the point of this thread, and going by the title of it (Free Ethics Course), I'm sure you're not talking about that.

So, which course?

And, just a generic answer, but you can always opt to take an ACE/NCCRS recommended course, and TESU will accept it.  And, no TECEP's are totally necessary for any degree at TESU (although for a couple it can make it easier - like Communications).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-19-2018, 10:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 09:40 PM)lindyk8 Wrote: So, Does TESU accept Saylor's Proctor U exam for credit if it's passed, or do I have to take the more expensive TECEP?  

Thanks for any info.

I've lost the point of this thread, and going by the title of it (Free Ethics Course), I'm sure you're not talking about that.

So, which course?

And, just a generic answer, but you can always opt to take an ACE/NCCRS recommended course, and TESU will accept it.  And, no TECEP's are totally necessary for any degree at TESU (although for a couple it can make it easier - like Communications).

For the Environmental Ethics course, free through Saylor, can I take the Saylor Proctor U exam and get credit for aTESU degree, or is it necessary to take the more expensive TECEP?
thanks
(04-19-2018, 10:52 PM)lindyk8 Wrote: For the Environmental Ethics course, free through Saylor, can I take the Saylor Proctor U exam and get credit for aTESU degree, or is it necessary to take the more expensive TECEP?
thanks
Yes, you can take the Saylor exam and transfer it to TESU. It's also a pretty solid foundation for the TECEP if you choose to go that way (which I did because the Saylor course wasn't ACE approved then). However, unless they've improved it, it is a long slog going through the disjointed material at Saylor and the "just study the quizzes" approach would definitely NOT get you through the TECEP..
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thank you all for the advice. I'm going to test through Saylor. Maybe I'll study the quizzes first and take the exam, then go back and study what seems to be the most important information.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,496 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,824 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  TESU free electives Tripletmom 1 1,233 06-29-2018, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Thumbs Up Charter Oak apply for free through 01/05/18 allvia 4 2,667 06-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Excelsior Ethics courses radconjohn 10 3,004 06-01-2018, 12:28 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - Free Ethics Course/ Upper-Level vs Ethics Requirement Silly_Me 12 3,192 05-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Using TEEX Cybersecurity for Everyone as COSC Ethics credit? High_Order1 2 1,685 05-07-2018, 12:38 PM
Last Post: GoldieLux
  Generate citations in MLA..........FREE Life Long Learning 8 2,713 02-22-2018, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Jajaja
  Excelsior UExcel Ethics exams radconjohn 20 8,748 01-13-2018, 05:50 PM
Last Post: radconjohn
  Anyone have the free tax guide for ACC-421 TECEP? eriehiker 0 1,150 11-05-2017, 11:55 AM
Last Post: eriehiker