Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free MIT Classes
Not sure if anyone has posted this already

M.I.T. Game-Changer: Free Online Education For All - Forbes
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
already into those! Did you know about Stanfords? I'm half way through the "mini-med school" playlist....soooo addicted.
cookderosa Wrote:already into those! Did you know about Stanfords? I'm half way through the "mini-med school" playlist....soooo addicted.

Do you have the link?
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
end of list Stanford Mini Med School : Biology: Free Courses | Open Culture

[SIZE=2]here's a great link to include on the site: 400 Free Online Courses from Top Universities - [/SIZE]400 Free Online Courses from Top Universities | Open Culture
Ohhhh thanks for the link!

I had seen the MIT Open Courseware posted here before (probably Jennifer, I think) but the big news is that they'll be offering ways to prove that you completed a course through the free MIT program. Of course the free MIT program will be easily identifiable, but I think it might be a good way to add something to your resume. It doesn't start until Spring of 2012, but I will keep watching to see what they'll be offering. Some sort of certificate of achievement for courses mastered is what it sounds like
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
burbuja0512 Wrote:Ohhhh thanks for the link!

I had seen the MIT Open Courseware posted here before (probably Jennifer, I think) but the big news is that they'll be offering ways to prove that you completed a course through the free MIT program. Of course the free MIT program will be easily identifiable, but I think it might be a good way to add something to your resume. It doesn't start until Spring of 2012, but I will keep watching to see what they'll be offering. Some sort of certificate of achievement for courses mastered is what it sounds like

Sorry for being link-less!

Yes, I also believe they are offering certificates with the courses. I think ShawnA posted a link to the Higher Ed Chronicle, which couldn't be accessed without a membership- I didn't save it. Maybe it was over at DI, I'll look again. Anyway, keep your eyes open, I'm all over these.

Did you see the "nearly free" link to the Harvard CE classes? I posted that right before Christmas. They are only $20ish.
Here is the FAQ from MIT's website:

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2011/mitx-faq-1219.html

It looks like they will create a non-profit entity within MIT to distribute the certs, so they may NOT say MIT on them. I'm dying to see how Harvard Extension reacts! It's like a race to bring free education to the little people Smile
Cool! And hey, look what I found...

Quote:- The Civil War and Reconstruction Era, 1845-1877
- The United States and the World Since 1945
- History of the United States Since 1945
- Geography of World Cultures
- Introduction to Economics
- American Literature I: Beginnings to Civil War
- Literature in English: Late-17th to Mid-19th Century
- Introduction to Sociology
- General Biology 1
- Introductory Biology
- Introduction to Biology
- General Chemistry
- Introduction to Chemistry
- Calculus
- Sets, Counting, and Probability
- Fundamentals of Physics
- Introductory Physics
- General Psychology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Marketing 321

400 Free Online Courses from Top Universities | Open Culture

Gee, I don't know anyone who could possibly be interested in all of that...
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Yale has had some open course for quite sometime now:

Online Video Lectures and Course Materials — Open Yale Courses

They had just added 10 more last April.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
cookderosa Wrote:Did you see the "nearly free" link to the Harvard CE classes? I posted that right before Christmas. They are only $20ish.

No! How did I miss that one? I missed a few days on the forum due to having family over, so I will have to look at this.

I probably won't have time to do any serious classes until my MBA is done, but I am always on the lookout for stuff to do afterwards. I don't want to get my doctorate, but I am turning into an education junkie Smile I would love to spend some time on a Harvard or MIT course if I could get a certificate or something to put on my resume for my efforts.

I also have my long running list of bookmarks for my kids and DH - they can use all of this too!!
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Uncle Tom Movie Now Free on YouTube LevelUP 5 1,240 07-22-2022, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Free Pair of Prescription Glasses! Add-ons available... bjcheung77 7 1,232 05-12-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  PDF Converter by Readdle (Free for ios - ipad/iphone) bjcheung77 0 701 01-10-2022, 02:02 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  FREE editing and video production software bjcheung77 11 3,404 11-20-2021, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Eneys
  Amazon Prime: FREE Battlefield 1 Origin Key! Expires Aug. 4, 2021 bjcheung77 5 1,263 08-03-2021, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  [Google Play] "Human" Documentary Movie FREE *Rental* bjcheung77 0 661 07-19-2021, 07:47 PM
  [Microsoft Store] Free PDF Manager - Merge, Split, Trim bjcheung77 5 1,528 07-07-2021, 08:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  FREE - Amazon.com - Python and OpenGL (Kindle Edition) bjcheung77 1 805 07-06-2021, 10:01 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Lego Bonsai Tree $49.99 with FREE McLaren Elva bjcheung77 2 803 06-09-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: StoicJ
  Macrium Reflect 7 freebie (and paid version with free upgrade to 8) bjcheung77 0 915 04-16-2021, 08:29 PM