Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Quarter at NationsU - Religious Bachleors
I am curious of the changes upcoming soon. I hope they force NA to up their quality to be equal to most RA. I think the predatory schools need harsher actions from the Department of Education. Education is vital and important. At least the new administration should be okay with online growth.

The announcement came out today with a possible free up to $50,000 worth of education paid for. That would be a total game changer for us! I hope they let us stick a graduate degree into that 50 grand.

But, yeah with NationsU the Masters of Divinity is an amazing deal and it is a requirement to be an ordained minister for many large churches... Not too shasbby.

Also for ACE Credits ... Everyone should CONTACT them and ask them to take ACE (American Council on Education) credits ACE is a Regionally Accredited higher education association. Be sure to mention they are Regionally Accredited, they are certified by the Department of Education and Higher Learning Comission. The United States Supreme Court recognized them as a Higher Learning Institution... If they realize ACE credits are a real serious thing, they can change their tune and accept them. Many state universities now take them! If everyone that reads this thread asked, them, it could easily become over a hundred of us, of which they may go crap we lost out on 100+ students because we don't take ACE?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Novo
(11-11-2020, 11:41 PM)ashkir Wrote: I am curious of the changes upcoming soon. I hope they force NA to up their quality to be equal to most RA. I think the predatory schools need harsher actions from the Department of Education. Education is vital and important. At least the new administration should be okay with online growth.

The announcement came out today with a possible free up to $50,000 worth of education paid for. That would be a total game changer for us! I hope they let us stick a graduate degree into that 50 grand.

But, yeah with NationsU the Masters of Divinity is an amazing deal and it is a requirement to be an ordained minister for many large churches... Not too shasbby.
Is there a link? 50k? That'd be nice. 
If no strings attached and it's not a loan, nice.
(11-11-2020, 11:46 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 11:41 PM)ashkir Wrote: I am curious of the changes upcoming soon. I hope they force NA to up their quality to be equal to most RA. I think the predatory schools need harsher actions from the Department of Education. Education is vital and important. At least the new administration should be okay with online growth.

It is bouncing between 10k to 50k. It's mostly balancing on forgiving stafford loans up to 50k and up to 10k of private loans. But, there is some talk about expanding it more out.

California has no tuition to state-funded community schools anymore. If my community college offered more classes I would've done it.
(11-11-2020, 11:54 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 11:46 PM)Seagull Wrote:

It is bouncing between 10k to 50k. It's mostly balancing on forgiving stafford loans up to 50k and up to 10k of private loans. But, there is some talk about expanding it more out.

California has no tuition to state-funded community schools anymore. If my community college offered more classes I would've done it.
Found this on npr.org:
Higher ed
For higher education, Biden released an expensive and ambitious plan during the campaign that included free public colleges, loan forgiveness and more money for low-income students to pay for college.
(11-11-2020, 11:59 PM)Seagull Wrote: during the campaign

I wouldn't bank on anything stated in the heat of a campaign.
[-] The following 1 user Likes innen_oda's post:
  • warriortaupou
(11-11-2020, 03:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 01:39 PM)ashkir Wrote: The US Government did rule there is no difference in RA/NA but the schools will still act as if there is one. for religious studies I think the difference is basically none.

The 90 credit transfer is rather tempting a religious study degree isn't too bad, and is rather an interesting course of study.

There will be a whole new administration soon who has a very different approach to education so this NA/RA business may not be over with. Some jobs do require RA degrees. Transferring can be an issue with NA credit as well. Even applying to grad school a NA degree can be an issue. Some grad schools specify which RA degrees are acceptable into certain programs. If one wants to just get a degree there's nothing wrong with an NA degree. It's what you want to do later in life where this can become an issue unfortunately.

The government can say what they want, but that does not mean that schools have to treat those credits the same.  I expect zero change in how these credits are accepted by RA schools.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-12-2020, 01:41 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 03:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 01:39 PM)ashkir Wrote: The US Government did rule there is no difference in RA/NA but the schools will still act as if there is one. for religious studies I think the difference is basically none.

The 90 credit transfer is rather tempting a religious study degree isn't too bad, and is rather an interesting course of study.

There will be a whole new administration soon who has a very different approach to education so this NA/RA business may not be over with. Some jobs do require RA degrees. Transferring can be an issue with NA credit as well. Even applying to grad school a NA degree can be an issue. Some grad schools specify which RA degrees are acceptable into certain programs. If one wants to just get a degree there's nothing wrong with an NA degree. It's what you want to do later in life where this can become an issue unfortunately.

The government can say what they want, but that does not mean that schools have to treat those credits the same.  I expect zero change in how these credits are accepted by RA schools.

Oh I don't expect schools to make any changes. They may in the future, but I think we're a loooong way from that happening. Like years if ever.
(11-11-2020, 11:41 PM)ashkir Wrote: Also for ACE Credits ... Everyone should CONTACT them and ask them to take ACE (American Council on Education) credits ACE is a Regionally Accredited higher education association. Be sure to mention they are Regionally Accredited, they are certified by the Department of Education and Higher Learning Comission. The United States Supreme Court recognized them as a Higher Learning Institution... If they realize ACE credits are a real serious thing, they can change their tune and accept them. Many state universities now take them! If everyone that reads this thread asked, them, it could easily become over a hundred of us, of which they may go crap we lost out on 100+ students because we don't take ACE?

This is completely untrue.  ACE is not Regionally Accredited - because it's not a school.  ONLY schools can be Regionally or Nationally Accredited.  You may be looking at a different ACE (the American College of Education is RA through the Higher Learning Commission).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-12-2020, 01:52 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 11:41 PM)ashkir Wrote: Also for ACE Credits ... Everyone should CONTACT them and ask them to take ACE (American Council on Education) credits ACE is a Regionally Accredited higher education association. Be sure to mention they are Regionally Accredited, they are certified by the Department of Education and Higher Learning Comission. The United States Supreme Court recognized them as a Higher Learning Institution... If they realize ACE credits are a real serious thing, they can change their tune and accept them. Many state universities now take them! If everyone that reads this thread asked, them, it could easily become over a hundred of us, of which they may go crap we lost out on 100+ students because we don't take ACE?

This is completely untrue.  ACE is not Regionally Accredited - because it's not a school.  ONLY schools can be Regionally or Nationally Accredited.  You may be looking at a different ACE (the American College of Education is RA through the Higher Learning Commission).

My mistake. Pierpont told me they would accept SOphia as RA because HLC says to do so, https://www.hlcommission.org/About-HLC/h...tives.html
(11-11-2020, 11:41 PM)ashkir Wrote: I hope they force NA to up their quality to be equal to most RA. I think the predatory schools need harsher actions from the Department of Education.

In what ways do you see quality of NA as inferior to RA?

If I had to choose between shutting down predatory schools or the predatory DoE, I'd shut down the DoE.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Jacksonville State U. JSU Try It program. New course for Fall 2024. Completely Free sixdegreesandamovie 3 321 04-01-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: jch
  xamk Free Bachelors Degrees gams007 19 4,171 11-29-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  FREE SUMMER TUITION gams007 4 904 05-10-2023, 09:19 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SNHU Free Elective Suggestion chipNdale2077 4 2,392 10-27-2022, 12:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Not free) ECTS in Business, Philosophy, and more rachel83az 1 1,044 09-21-2022, 12:18 PM
  Free Undergraduate Degree for Texas Residents. wildebeest 8 1,882 06-12-2022, 10:40 AM
Last Post: mohelena02
  Free or inexpensive HR Certificate programs learningthehardway 7 1,251 06-02-2022, 05:37 PM
  Lancaster Bible College - Christian-oriented non-religious degrees rachel83az 0 934 05-19-2022, 04:16 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Free Summer and Fall semester gams007 2 815 05-14-2022, 10:54 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Nations U BACHELOR in religious studies, who's done it? StoicJ 28 7,459 02-18-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Whitepines