Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Sophia and TEEX with Thomas Edison
The CAP course will not work in Gen Ed, and will have to be moved. Someone will figure it out, either now or during the graduation audit, so that HAS to be moved to Free Electives.

The CIS course will work, both as a Gen Ed Elective, and also as a Science course, so that's fine to leave it there, unless you want it somewhere else.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Can any of the TEEX courses work for a BSBA in the Core section for the Computers requirement? The description says "Choose an Introduction course in: Information Systems; Computer Literacy; Computing w/applications such as Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Databases."
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
(04-19-2018, 10:42 PM)Muldoon Wrote: Can any of the TEEX courses work for a BSBA in the Core section for the Computers requirement? The description says "Choose an Introduction course in: Information Systems; Computer Literacy; Computing w/applications such as Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Databases."

I don't think anyone here has tried that, but I don't believe so. I believe they are looking for 100-level CIS/COS courses like Intro to Computers (COS-101), Intro to Computer Information Systems (CIS-102), Computer Concepts & Applications (CIS-107), etc. in that slot. The TEEX courses come as CAP-295, CAP-385, and CIS-344. You'd have to contact advising to be sure. 

You might be able to argue for CIS-344 in that slot but probably wouldn't want to. Keep in mind the TEEX courses are only 2 credits, so you'd still need 1 more credit anyway.

If you don't already have an intro CS course, you could jump on Study.com and take Business 104, Business 109, or Computer Science 103 to meet that requirement. Probably complete any of them faster than the TEEX courses too. If not Study.com, there are options at Straighterline and Saylor as well, plus CLEP/DSST/TECEP options.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Muldoon
(04-19-2018, 10:42 PM)Muldoon Wrote: Can any of the TEEX courses work for a BSBA in the Core section for the Computers requirement? The description says "Choose an Introduction course in: Information Systems; Computer Literacy; Computing w/applications such as Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Databases."

The problem is that even if you could use them, they're only 2cr courses, and I'm not sure where they would want the extra credit to be made up - probably in the AOS.  Which would mean that you'd need 19cr in the AOS.  The whole thing would be a pain, and not worth it, unless you somehow have a 4cr course in there somewhere (like, I took Financial Accounting in CC, and it was a 4cr course, so I had an extra credit floating around up there).
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-20-2018, 12:20 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

The problem is that even if you could use them, they're only 2cr courses, and I'm not sure where they would want the extra credit to be made up - probably in the AOS.  Which would mean that you'd need 19cr in the AOS.  The whole thing would be a pain, and not worth it, unless you somehow have a 4cr course in there somewhere (like, I took Financial Accounting in CC, and it was a 4cr course, so I had an extra credit floating around up there).

I just got my initial evaluation, and at first they placed a CC intro computers class there and assigned it 1.3 credits (it was 2 quarter units at the CC). So in that case, a 2 unit IT/computer class would work. But they are moving things around, and now that class is listed under Natural Sciences. I don't know if it'll stay. If it does, I'll just finish the 3 unit class I originally meant to take. If they move it back, I'd rather try to get a free class in that spot.

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

It does not.   In order to fulfill that requirement it truly needs to be a LL Basic computer course.   I transferred in numerous (40+ credits) computer courses, including the TEEX credits when I applied to TESU - I had to go back and take an intro course, they would not budge on this point (I did one of the Study.com options)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • Muldoon
(04-20-2018, 07:00 AM)allvia Wrote:

It does not.   In order to fulfill that requirement it truly needs to be a LL Basic computer course.   I transferred in numerous (40+ credits) computer courses, including the TEEX credits when I applied to TESU - I had to go back and take an intro course, they would not budge on this point (I did one of the Study.com options)

Okay, thank you! As it turns out, TESU left the other computer course I took in Natural Sciences, and I don't think it's worth fighting over to have it moved back. I'll just take the 3 unit course through SL.

(04-20-2018, 10:11 PM)Muldoon Wrote: Okay, thank you! As it turns out, TESU left the other computer course I took in Natural Sciences, and I don't think it's worth fighting over to have it moved back. I'll just take the 3 unit course through SL.

Actually, the one thing they're good about is moving courses around in your eval.  Feel free to have them move the course from NatSci to the core, and then you can take the TEEX course and have them put it in NatSci.

If you opt to take the SL course, make sure that it isn't the same course equivalency as the course you already have.  The SL Intro to IT comes in as CIS-107.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 28,660 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 366 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  MBA students receive free Apple Vision Pro Imbanewbie 0 246 02-07-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 56 9,553 11-19-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  SOPHIA----Opinions on courses??? midnite123 19 1,638 11-01-2023, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,767 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Over 25 in Massachusetts, Free Community College bjcheung77 0 530 08-25-2023, 04:41 PM
  What's the fasted online college for someone who has 18 Sophia credits? StubbedMyToeWhileSleeping 6 853 08-20-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: allvia
  California - Fall Is Free! bjcheung77 3 571 08-18-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Would you drive 1,000+ miles to earn free college credit? bjcheung77 13 1,283 05-16-2023, 07:32 AM