Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Student ID cards for home school students
Homeschool ID Cards

I know there are many on the board that home school their children and a few that are students themselves. Hopefully this can help some of you out. Offer expires 9/30/13 (while supplies last) and limit 5 per household.
brothert69 Wrote:Homeschool ID Cards

I know there are many on the board that home school their children and a few that are students themselves. Hopefully this can help some of you out. Offer expires 9/30/13 (while supplies last) and limit 5 per household.

Thanks the company I use charges for shipping, I'm going to give this one a try!
Hubby and I saw these, and we're torn on whether we're being overly paranoid, but something made the both of us a little itchy at the thought of sending a picture of our boy, his full name, and home address to people we don't know. We're definitely borrowing the idea, but plan to Photoshop and laminate our own.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
I may be incorrect but can a person not go to the DMV and get an ID card that is state-issued for their minor children? I figure this would alleviate the concerns of those who are worried about sending personal info off to a company. (the downside is having to deal with the DMV.............ugggghhhh).
BA Psychology - TESC

CLEP Biology - 56
CLEP Human Growth and Development - 56
CLEP College Mathematics - 54
CLEP Educational Psychology - 58
CLEP Social Sciences and History - 70
CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - 59
ECE Psychology of Adulthood and Aging -B
ECE Research Methods in Psychology - B
DSST Substance Abuse - 429
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling - 53
DSST Intro to World Religion - 458
Why do homeschoolers need an I.D card? Presuming that you have to prove to the truant officer that your children are in school, would this bit of plastic work. I'm a bit skeptical about what happens to the data supplied to the company. Will they sell your information to the EI2HCB homeschooling monitoring organization Smile or worse straight to straighterline?
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
EI2HCB Wrote:Why do homeschoolers need an I.D card?

They need one to take a CLEP or other exam. Getting one from the state DMV is the best way to do this.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
topdog98 Wrote:They need one to take a CLEP or other exam. Getting one from the state DMV is the best way to do this.

That's a great point, and I'm assuming you don't need to be a certain age to get an ID, as opposed to an actual driver's license.
BA Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State University
EI2HCB Wrote:Why do homeschoolers need an I.D card? Presuming that you have to prove to the truant officer that your children are in school, would this bit of plastic work. I'm a bit skeptical about what happens to the data supplied to the company. Will they sell your information to the EI2HCB homeschooling monitoring organization Smile or worse straight to straighterline?

For younger students, there is no real purpose. If faced with a truancy officer, an HSLDA membership card will serve the same purpose and carries more weight (an attorney to verify and support status comes along with that card). The self-printed cards, whether printed on our home printers or from a random company, have the same legitimacy. We want one just because it's cute, but we can do that on our printer and laminate just as neatly with 20-30 minutes of Photoshop and laminate sheets, and can ensure our kiddo's likeness and personal information are kept secure. I'm sure the company doesn't do anything hanky with the information, but that's my boy; I don't like to take chances with all the creeps one can find through fake e-business. For older students that have a need for testing or other purposes, I think the DMV-issued ID cards are the better way to go.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
topdog98 Wrote:They need one to take a CLEP or other exam. Getting one from the state DMV is the best way to do this.

Under 16 the parent provides the identification, the kids never really "need" an ID card for anything- it's a novelty.
cookderosa Wrote:Under 16 the parent provides the identification, the kids never really "need" an ID card for anything- it's a novelty.

My understanding is that the main benefit is having an ID to take advantage of various student discounts or student only offers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Perpetual Students burbuja0512 36 4,965 03-27-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Nicaragua seizes all assets from INCAE Business School elcastor21 0 301 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Found: $1,500 (TOTAL) At-own-pace Law School dcan 48 9,198 08-28-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: resistk
Question Poll: Just not sure what to major in for grad school and which direction to go! Randyb100 21 1,557 05-26-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Biden Administration's Student Loan Debt Plan Masterthread ashkir 47 4,593 04-20-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.Com student or teacher login? acamp 6 763 03-29-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: acamp
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 2,714 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ACE 2022 Student of The Year ashkir 0 607 12-19-2022, 06:26 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Student Loan Forgiveness Application is Live ashkir 0 5,299 10-14-2022, 10:25 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  National Transfer Student Week Alpha 0 452 10-05-2022, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Alpha