Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free summer courses at Lumerit/Unbound?
Who knows the catch? I received this email easier today. I requested a catalog that I didn’t receive (however my phone rang immediately from an unknown number, so...) Introducing Unlimited Summer.
For the first time ever, incoming Unbound students will have the chance to start college early and take an unlimited number of courses all summer long. The best part? They’re free. No tuition to pay, no textbooks to buy, and no hidden fees sneaking up on you. http://go.getunbound.org/unlimited-summer
Wow! That's interesting.

"To be eligable for Unlimited Summer you will need to enroll in at least an 8 course bundle. "
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Checking details on the ACE credit registry website. So, it seems like each course has quizzes, papers, a final project & examinations. So, it might not be a quick way to earn credits for those who are on a time-sensitive schedule. But considering that it is free, if one has time, they should definitely go for it.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
From their FAQ: To be eligable for Unlimited Summer you will need to enroll in at least an 8 course bundle.

That appears to be $5,400. I guess if you are already enrolled it may be a good deal.
Hmm at $675 per course (8 course bundle), this becomes a whole lot less free for the summer. Thanks everyone - I was hoping it was a super promo. Too bad.
Just got off the phone with them. They won't let you sign up for the free summer without signing up for AT LEAST 8 courses for like $5400.

I don't recommend anyone bother signing up for them. The lady seemed a little condescending especially when I mentioned I had some classes finished through study.com.

They didn't seem very knowledgeable in general and I didn't get good vibes with our conversation.

Also, I did learn the difference between lumerit and unbound. Lumerit is the secular portion and unbound is targeted towards Christian faith students.

(03-08-2019, 10:31 AM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: Hmm at $675 per course (8 course bundle), this becomes a whole lot less free for the summer. Thanks everyone - I was hoping it was a super promo. Too bad.

I still appreciate you sharing it. Too bad it's not really free or affordable at all.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
NEVER USE LUMERIT/UNBOUND!!! They are the worst. They rip off kids, stay away from them!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • MNomadic, Murdockb, sanantone
I wouldn't recommend them. I don't know anything about these classes because they started that long after I left, but I have a very low level of trust in this company. I enrolled in CollegePlus a long time ago and left after a short time because one of the owners didn't give me the completely correct information about my degree program. It wasn't technically a lie, but it was very deceptive as the route he told me wouldn't work for the vast majority of people they would be recruiting. It was basically a mess. I kept trying to get more info but they wouldn't give it until my consultation, which unsurprisingly perhaps, came after the 6 week refund period was up. I do know of lots of people who did get legitimate degrees through them though. (All through TESC/TESU) In fact, when I was looking into getting my degree a year ago, I did look into them again simply because I didn't know where else to go for help. Fortunately, I found this forum and then never looked back!
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
This is their ENTIRE list of courses they offer for college credit. These are ACE courses, not regionally accredited courses. The other courses they offer are strictly curriculum (like a MOOC) that you can use to prep for a CLEP, etc. That's some damn expensive ACE credit.

SOC240: Community Service Learning
BUS201: Introduction to Entrepreneurship
ENG131: Composition and Reading I
ENG131: Composition and Reading II
PHIL113: Comparative Worldviews
PSI131: Earth Science, Earth Science with Lab
COMM396: Leadership and Management Com (not upper level)
COMM394: Leadership Theory and Practice (not upper level)
SOSCI280: Social Justice from a Biblical Perspective
(03-19-2019, 04:25 PM)cookderosa Wrote: This is their ENTIRE list of courses they offer for college credit. These are ACE courses, not regionally accredited courses.  The other courses they offer are strictly curriculum (like a MOOC) that you can use to prep for a CLEP, etc.  That's some damn expensive ACE credit.  

SOC240: Community Service Learning
BUS201: Introduction to Entrepreneurship
ENG131: Composition and Reading I
ENG131: Composition and Reading II
PHIL113: Comparative Worldviews
PSI131: Earth Science, Earth Science with Lab
COMM396: Leadership and Management Com (not upper level)
COMM394: Leadership Theory and Practice (not upper level)
SOSCI280: Social Justice from a Biblical Perspective

While I'm no fan of Lumerit/Unbound and certainly wouldn't recommend them, this information is simply untrue. 

Lumerit's courses ARE regionally accredited through Waldorf University. After completing the courses through Lumerit I had to request my transcripts directly from Waldorf. I can confirm that they appear on a TESU transcript from Waldorf with a letter grade.
TESU BSBA Accounting 2019 (In progress)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 848 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 679 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,148 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,026 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,631 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 588 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,011 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,967 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 567 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 322 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM