Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French international student questions about TESU BACS
Hello everyone! I am an international student from France.

I would love to hear your opinions about my plan. I want to get the BACS from TESU and then apply to the online MSCS from Georgia Tech to meet their 4 Years Bachelor's degree requirement.

I already have a 2-year degree in CS from a french university. If I understand it correctly, I need to :
1) Translate my transcripts and send them to a credential evaluation service like WES
2) Apply to TESU and then send the transcripts from WES to the school
3) Wait to see how many credits I can transfer and then start studying the courses on Study.com to get more credits
4) I can transfer up to 90 credits in the best-case scenario. I will then have to take 30 credits with TESU which will cost around 10k-16k USD right?

Thank you in advance
(12-06-2022, 10:49 PM)azuki Wrote: Hello everyone! I am an international student from France.

I would love to hear your opinions about my plan. I want to get the BACS from TESU and then apply to the online MSCS from Georgia Tech to meet their 4 Years Bachelor's degree requirement.

I already have a 2-year degree in CS from a french university. If I understand it correctly, I need to :
1) Translate my transcripts and send them to a credential evaluation service like WES
3) Wait to see how many credits I can transfer and then start studying the courses on Study.com to get more credits
4) I can transfer up to 90 credits in the best-case scenario. I will then have to take 30 credits with TESU which will cost around 10k-16k USD right?

Thank you in advance

You can transfer up to 114 credits to TESU.  If you do the flat-rate term, your total cost is around $5000
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(12-07-2022, 12:32 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 10:49 PM)azuki Wrote: Hello everyone! I am an international student from France.

Thank you in advance

You can transfer up to 114 credits to TESU.  If you do the flat-rate term, your total cost is around $5000

Okay,  thanks for the answer! I don't need to be in the United States to attend the courses at TESU, Sophia, and Study right?
(12-10-2022, 08:53 PM)azuki Wrote: Okay,  thanks for the answer! I don't need to be in the United States to attend the courses at TESU, Sophia, and Study right?
No, you don't... Which is a good thing since you can't get a student visa from TESU.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Per degree, you can transfer in up to:
90 foreign credits.
90 ACE/NCCRS (Study.com/Sophia/Coopersmith/etc.) credits
90 community college (2-year degree schools) credits

You MUST have at least 30 RA or RA-equivalent foreign credits.

A TESU degree is a total of 120 credits, of which 114 are allowed in transfer. So, there is considerable leeway in transfer credits.

It's generally cheapest to do a single flat-rate 16-credit term, however, to avoid paying the residency waiver fee.

All of this can be done online.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-12-2022, 08:45 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Per degree, you can transfer in up to:
90 foreign credits.
90 ACE/NCCRS (Study.com/Sophia/Coopersmith/etc.) credits
90 community college (2-year degree schools) credits

You MUST have at least 30 RA or RA-equivalent foreign credits.

A TESU degree is a total of 120 credits, of which 114 are allowed in transfer. So, there is considerable leeway in transfer credits.

It's generally cheapest to do a single flat-rate 16-credit term, however, to avoid paying the residency waiver fee.

All of this can be done online.

Is there another way apart from doing a transcript evaluation to check if my french 2 years degree has the 30 minimum RA equivalent credits?
Not really, unfortunately. Assuming it's evaluated as being RA-equivalent, however, you should be fine. 30 credits is roughly equivalent to 1 year of study at an American university. Depending on the evaluator, a 2-year degree should be equivalent to at least 60 credits. It could reasonably be as low as 45 or as high as 90, because evaluators can be fickle, but you should be good for TESU's requirements.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
You must present TOEFL or similar test results for language proficiency.
(01-15-2023, 06:03 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: You must present TOEFL or similar test results for language proficiency.

9 credits from US accredited universities also work.

So if he wants, he could take 3 TEL Learning courses, and get 9 credits and avoid taking the TOEFL. But it´s going to be USD$ 600, so it´s more expensive than just taking the TOEFL.
If you don't have any university credit whatsoever, I recommend foreign students just take the ASU/TEL Learning classes. If you have a diploma/degree that equals 20+ RA-equivalent credits (but from a country where English isn't the language of instruction), just take the TOEFL if at all possible. It'll usually be faster and cheaper.

Exception would be if overnight travel is required. Travel expenses to a big city for 2+ days, including hotel/AirBNB, can easily exceed $600.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 446 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 424 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 436 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,262 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 246 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,177 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 226 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 354 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 270 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27