Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Remington to Regionally Accredited BA Degree
Hello everyone,

Need to ask the forum for help. Spoke to a colleague at work today. He recently graduated with an A.A.S. degree in Criminal Justice from Remington College. He now seeks to obtain a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice or a related field. How should he proceed in seeking a regionally Accredited degree in a manner that allows him to receive credit for his associates degree ?

Thanks in advance for your help. I did ask him to get me a list of the courses he took so I could post them here.
His best options will probably be APUS and Liberty University. If he's in a public safety position or volunteers with an emergency response organization, then he can qualify for a 25% discount at Liberty. CJ credits won't transfer well into any of WGU's programs.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
If Remington isn't RA, then TESU won't take the credits. EC and COSC may, but you'd have to check.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Remington College is a career college with campuses in several states (http://www.remingtoncollege.edu). They are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.

I am wondering if they have any articulation agreements with other colleges....this may provide a route to a regionally accredited degree.
(11-11-2018, 04:36 PM)Sacricolist Wrote: Remington College is a career college with campuses in several states (http://www.remingtoncollege.edu).  They are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.

I am wondering if they have any articulation agreements with other colleges....this may provide a route to a regionally accredited degree.

I've not heard of an articulation agreement between an NA school and RA ones.  But your best bet is just to call them and ask.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jsd
The reason why I mentioned APUS and Liberty is because they have a history of accepting NA credits. University of Phoenix may also accept them.

There are NA schools with articulation agreements with RA schools, but they're often owned by the same company. Columbia Southern University is an NA school with articulation agreements with its sister school, Waldorf, and other RA schools. 

https://www.columbiasouthern.edu/admissi...t-from-csu

The NA school I worked for several years ago had an articulation agreement with Devry.

Remington has an articulation agreement with Texas A&M - Commerce.

http://www.tamuc.edu/admissions/oneStopS...ments.aspx
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 206 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 767 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,700 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia