Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future Soldier
I'm a future soldier to ship out in February and I have 2 questions about the CLEP.

1. Do I have to wait until February to start taking the exams at no cost?
2. How often can you take the exams? How many times a day/week?

I really appreciate your input and am excited and ready to serve our country.
rcst0kes Wrote:I'm a future soldier to ship out in February and I have 2 questions about the CLEP.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on you enlistment,
To answer your questions,
1. I believe you do have to wait before you start taking CLEPs/DSSTs/ECEs at no cost. But maybe the local colleges where you are might just charge you the $20 fee with your DEP/Future Soldier ID Card.

2. You can take tests as often as your test center gives them. However, if you don't pass one of them, then you have to wait 6 months before you can retake the same test.
Good luck,
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
rcst0kes Wrote:I'm a future soldier to ship out in February and I have 2 questions about the CLEP.

I recently joined the Army as well. I am in AIT right now. What is your MOS going to be?

You will have to wait until you are out of basic and in AIT to take the tests. When you get to AIT there will be an education center on base and they will have all the information for you. Here they test Monday- Thursday at 1000 and 1400.

If you have OSUT, depending on where you are, you will probably have to until you get to your permanent duty station. Good luck and you will not regret your decision to join! HOOAAH!!!!
Thank you so much, that was exactly what I needed!

My mos is 14j "Air Defense Tactical Operations Center Operator". Boot camp and AIT are at fort Sill in OK.
Yes you are able to take the test as frequently as possible, but most education centers only have 1 time slot a day for the test. But you can take at least one a day. Times when CLEP testing are allowed vary by post, here on fort lewis tests are monday - saturday, usually at 0900 or 1500

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a Soldier! myhome417 6 1,140 05-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Last Post: ironheadjack