Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPA at TESU
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any experience enrolling in TESU with a low GPA from a previous institution? Or maybe someone knows what the process is like? Long story short I attended university years ago and after failing a bunch of classes (more like failing to withdraw), my GPA was a terrible 1.34. I was planning on enrolling in TESU'S BSBA program. I was previously under the impression that TESU did not use your GPA from previous institutions, but I've seen a couple of posts on this forum that say otherwise.

I've already taken a few straighterline courses, as I was planning on enrolling with majority of my coursework already completed. Are cour course grades from straighterline taken into account?

I really appreciate any help or advice that you can offer.
Working on: TESU BA Psychology & Criminal Justice

Completed:
Straighterline: Intro to Criminal Justice, Intro to Communications, Intro to Religion, Western Civilization I, Organizational 
 Behavior, Cultural Anthropology, Business Ethics,
Sophia: Ancient Greek Philosophers, Art History I, Introduction to Sociology, Project Management, Intro to Statistics
TEEX: Death Investigation
Coopersmith: Abnormal Psychology
Study.com: The Juvenile Justice System
They never asked me about previous grades or anything like that. Even if you send those transcripts in, I don't think they'll count towards your GPA because they're not TESU courses.

StraighterLine and similar are all pass/fail and the grades don't count. As long as you passed then you're good.
I'm pretty sure your incoming transfer GPA doesn't matter when applying for admission to TESU.

If I remember correctly, TESU doesn't consider any courses that come in below a D (1.0 of 4.0) threshold anyway; any courses below that threshold are ignored in the evaluation.

As far as incoming transfer GPA goes, the only other concern is that any courses that come in below a C (2.0 of 4.0) cannot be applied towards your degree's Area of Study. They can still be used for electives, or to meet other degree requirements, but they cannot be used as part of the AoS.

Beyond that, your institutional GPA (for credits earned at TESU) is all that matters. That determines whether you are able to register for your capstone course or not. For most of the people on this forum who are on the 114 credit plan, that just means that you need to make sure you pass your cornerstone course with a C or better.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • ab10365

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch