Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPA with TESC or EXCELSIOR
I m intrested in the TESC BA in natural sciences and math, I have about 80 clep and dantes credits mostly clep, I need to have a GPA, I contacted tesc and thats what they told me :

Thomas Edison State College accepts CLEP/DANTES as credit toward its
degree programs. We do not accept GRE credits.

Effective January 2007, an official Thomas Edison State College term
and cumulative GPA will be calculated and posted on the official
transcript for any student earning at least 1 semester credit of graded course work at the College
also refering to clep/dantes :

They will be indicated as CR, credit earned. No grade will be placed on
the transcript for these credits.

what should I do ? should I go with tesc and get the general edu req and free elective out of the way with my clep/dantes, and enroll to get course on area of studies to get a GPA ? by the way does any body know if their TECEP exams will have a grade ? I first thought excelsior would be a better option but after reading their Student_Guide_and_Assessment_Catalog it says that they dont give grade higher than C to Clep which is ridiculous to me, if you accept them give an evaluation of the skill, dayyum lol with their fake excuse of ''there is not sufficiant data on the new computer delivered exams to recommend minimum scores for B and A'' why do they recognize these credits anyway ?? if you know more about this than me please reply thanks for any help
At TESC your GPA is calculated with your grades from your courses. I am not sure if the TECEP exams count toward it. know that if you need to make honors then you will need to take at least 30 credits "in house".
Hope this helps!

Farmerboy
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
THANKS FARMERBOY but what you just said applies to 99% of college and universities in the WORLD ! Wink thanks anyway I see you are enrolled with tesc you should know better about their TECEP exam ! thats not serious Smile take care
ali4nia Wrote:THANKS FARMERBOY but what you just said applies to 99% of college and universities in the WORLD ! Wink thanks anyway I see you are enrolled with tesc you should know better about their TECEP exam ! thats not serious Smile take care
>>

Why should Farmerboy know about all of the school policies? Perhaps you could check the college catalog and find the answer to your TECEP question. It's on page 104.
ali4nia Wrote:THANKS FARMERBOY but what you just said applies to 99% of college and universities in the WORLD ! Wink thanks anyway I see you are enrolled with tesc you should know better about their TECEP exam ! thats not serious Smile take care

You're right, I really should know that I was just too lazy to look it up prior to posting.:o If you find out the answer let me know.
Thanks

Farmerboy
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
The key with Excelsior is that CLEP exam count as pass or fail on your GPA, they do not count as a C. Thus with the majority of my exam being pass or fail, and the only exam that counts having an A+ (dsst) my current gpa is 4.0

Very nice at excelsior.
Taking a class with LUS independent study, might help solve the situation. Keep in mind I am not an academic advisor, but if you take a class with LSU independent(which is $77 a semester hour) than that would give them something for a GPA. Only 27 of my credits for my degree are graded. TESC has me at a GPA of 3.65 for the entire degree off of those credits. There are both pros and cons of TESC not grading CLEPS/DANTES, it all depends on the situation.
A.A.S Aviation Operations (Community College of the Air Force) April 2008
B.A. in History (Thomas Edison State College) March 2009

"To achieve the possible we must attempt the impossible, to be as much as we can be then we must dream of being more."
LSU seems interesting, what is this? I checked their website but I d like to know for you as tesc student, what's the advantage to take a course with them rather than with tesc? all I want is to get a good GPA on my area of studies subjects, are LSU courses faster toward earning the credit or just cheaper ? thanks
The speed of which an LSU course is compeleted depends on you. So, it is cheaper, and can be faster. If you are paying "out of pocket" then I would reccommend LSU. They have a couple of different formats(postal, and online). A student can submit as many as 3 assignments a week, and the number assignments to be compeleted depends on the class. They send you the course materials about 1 1/2 after you have paid for the class, and you can take up to 9 months to complete the class(extensions are also possible). I hope this information helps.
A.A.S Aviation Operations (Community College of the Air Force) April 2008
B.A. in History (Thomas Edison State College) March 2009

"To achieve the possible we must attempt the impossible, to be as much as we can be then we must dream of being more."
Hello everyone.

Sorry but I need some clarification. This "LSU" you all are talking about...is that Louisiana State University?

If so...okay. If not...what college is it? I wanted to check their website as well.

From a loyal degree seeker,

Marshall
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
Enrolled in BA in Liberal Studies - 105/120 Completed

Associate in Science, Excelsior College

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,827 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,167 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,923 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,292 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 961 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,643 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,262 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,775 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,218 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior College ranked #1 Life Long Learning 11 3,389 06-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: miah