Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Prices Hit Record High Averaging Over $5 a Gallon in California
Gas prices according to AAA hit an average of $5.17 in California and set new records in some areas. U.S. average is now near $4 a gallon.

https://www.kcra.com/article/californias...d/39329642
https://gasprices.aaa.com/

Be nice if it were legal to buy one of these Blade Battery $5000 new electric cars made by GM/BYD to drive around the city
https://www.motor1.com/news/571342/wulin...y-edition/

How many MPG does your car get now?  Me around 28mpg highway Sad
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Wow, would love to see such prices at the gas stations in Germany Smile Here, a gallon of petrol is USD 8.50.. Yikes!
Completed: 
Master of Business Administration | Universidad Isabel I de Castilla / ENEB
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration; Management & Leadership | University of Maine at Presque Isle
Associate of Arts in Liberal Studies; Business | University of Maine at Presque Isle
Board of Governors Associate of Applied Science | Pierpont Community & Technical College

Admitted (but not pursuing):
Master of Science in Management | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Master of Science in Financial Engineering | WorldQuant University
(03-05-2022, 02:14 PM)BigBird Wrote: Wow, would love to see such prices at the gas stations in Germany Smile Here, a gallon of petrol is USD 8.50.. Yikes!

Wowee. That would get costly if you had a long commute to work.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Just paid $5.49  Confused Confused
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(03-05-2022, 02:32 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(03-05-2022, 02:14 PM)BigBird Wrote: Wow, would love to see such prices at the gas stations in Germany Smile Here, a gallon of petrol is USD 8.50.. Yikes!

Public transport in Germany is much better, and cheaper, than it is in most US cities, thankfully.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Yup, many people might not be able to afford going to work one day.. And do you know why it is so expensive to get fuel in Germany? About half of the current price is just VAT and a fuel tax!!  Huh

(03-05-2022, 03:09 PM)rachel83az Wrote:

Public transport in Germany is much better, and cheaper, than it is in most US cities, thankfully.

This is actually more of a theory than reality! Smile I agree, if one lives in a major city, such as Berlin, there surely is a good public transportation network, but in other parts of the country, there is often not even a proper bus connection. Throughout high school, I lived in a 20,000-people town right outside of Berlin (which I would not consider "rural") and I usually had to wait an hour or two for the next bus to come around.. A car is definitely needed!
Completed: 
Master of Business Administration | Universidad Isabel I de Castilla / ENEB
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration; Management & Leadership | University of Maine at Presque Isle
Associate of Arts in Liberal Studies; Business | University of Maine at Presque Isle
Board of Governors Associate of Applied Science | Pierpont Community & Technical College

Admitted (but not pursuing):
Master of Science in Management | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Master of Science in Financial Engineering | WorldQuant University
(03-05-2022, 03:22 PM)BigBird Wrote: This is actually more of a theory than reality! Smile I agree, if one lives in a major city, such as Berlin, there surely is a good public transportation network, but in other parts of the country, there is often not even a proper bus connection. Throughout high school, I lived in a 20,000-people town right outside of Berlin (which I would not consider "rural") and I usually had to wait an hour or two for the next bus to come around.. A car is definitely needed!

I've lived in both the US and in Germany and, let me tell you, German public transport is still way better. I used to live in a major US city, roughly equivalent to living in Berlin itself. Having to wait an hour for a bus was extremely common. There were no trams, trains, etc. Biking was faster than the bus in many instances, but good luck with that. Bike lanes don't really exist and, even if they do, it's dangerous to use them because so many drivers take offense to people on bikes. They've got the whole car lane (and probably the lane next to them) free, but they'll still ride close enough to the bike lane to sideswipe you with their mirrors.

If you don't live in a major US city, you might not even have taxi service. There is definitely no good transport between nearby towns/cities.

German public transport may not be great, but it's still impressive from an American point of view.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-05-2022, 03:52 PM)rachel83az Wrote: If you don't live in a major US city, you might not even have taxi service. There is definitely no good transport between nearby towns/cities.

German public transport may not be great, but it's still impressive from an American point of view.

I live an hour from a major city in the US. Their transit system is awful. Every year it has major cutbacks. 

We don't have any public transit in the area I live. We don't have taxis. No Ubers. No Lyfts. You have to drive, bike, or walk. This is actually a pretty big problem here for the poor, elderly, and disabled.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
I drive an EV?
This may seem nuts, but originally I bought one in 2017 because I hate pumping gas. I used to always run late for work because I put off stopping at the pump until I was already on E.

Now I just love the convenience of charging at home especially since I have solar too.

Go EV, the extra cost of the vehicle along with all the incentives really pays off in the end.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Sale: Young Online University in California bjcheung77 19 2,448 09-26-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 2,714 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Gas Prices Now at $5 a Gallon Average, $6.40 in California LevelUP 15 1,641 07-30-2022, 03:03 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  3 Reasons Why Americans Leave California (And Where They Go..) Kal Di 5 817 06-28-2022, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Kal Di
  To Record or Not to Record Them? Kal Di 4 699 03-24-2022, 08:41 PM
Exclamation Facebook A.k.a Meta Set a Record With Nearly $240 Billion Lost in One Day! LevelUP 0 505 02-04-2022, 01:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  California Recall Race Nearly Tied, Who Will Win? LevelUP 6 1,191 09-19-2021, 11:58 PM
  For Sale: Virtual High School with AP bjcheung77 11 1,764 06-01-2021, 01:11 PM
  17-year-old to graduate from Harvard days after graduating high school quigongene 0 1,137 05-21-2019, 03:10 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  Families Aunt Becky Their Way Into Performance Arts High School sanantone 3 1,221 05-19-2019, 11:48 PM