Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genealogy, info!
Hello!

Does anyone know of any website on the subject of family trees? I would like to learn more about genealogy and try to learn how to pass it on to my students.

Thank you very much!
You might be interested in the program(s) here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...de-Glasgow
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-02-2020, 12:55 PM)juanma1988 Wrote: Hello!

Does anyone know of any website on the subject of family trees? I would like to learn more about genealogy and try to learn how to pass it on to my students.

Thank you very much!

When I retired in 2017 I was the Registrar of the George Washington chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution. I have been into Genealogy since about 1981 and have done well over 400 family trees for people.
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
Might this help you?
https://www.archives.gov/education

When I did some genealogical research ages ago (well before folks used the Internet), the National Archives gave free forms. Maybe you could download some.

Best of luck.
The Mormon church has many free resources. Their main website is FamilySearch.org. I believe BYU may also have some free online classws. 
Check Coursera too, as I think they have some classes that are more science-based. 
I would also recommend checking CeCe Moore's website (http://www.yourgeneticgenealogist.com/p/...e.html?m=1) and watching her TV show (free online for recent episodes). 
Also, look into Henry Louis Gates and the show "Finding Your Roots". Both will give you great information about tracing.
Finally, get a library card. Most will provide access to Ancestry.com, but you may need to login from the library computers.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetSecret's post:
  • LongRoad
A couple of the most important things for new genealogists are to document EVERYTHING and to ask! Check with any of your living family members and ask them to tell you about themselves. Not just date of birth, high-school graduation date, etc., but what was their life LIKE. There's a saying about a library burning down each time a person dies. I was en route to visit a great aunt on the side of my family that didn't talk about anything, and dang if she didn't die on  me. (I suppose my reputation preceded me.)

Living folks can not only tell you about themselves, but they can tell you stories (hopefully not fictional!) about their parents, distant cousins they'd met, etc. Let's say you ask about your grandfather, Bob Smith. If you go to the census records, there will be LOTS of Bob Smiths. But if the person you interviewed said Bob Smith worked in a mill, well, you can check a city directory, and it might list which Bob Smiths worked in mills. That can help you figure out if the Bob Smith your find is YOUR Bob Smith. Genealogy isn't for glory. It's for facts. Be prepared to find some bad actors in your past. Document them. It's all part of the story. If you can, record these conversation. While you may write down some questions to start the conversation, it might go off on tangents. Don't worry. You can learn unexpected things from tangents, too. The Internet has helped so much, but genealogy is about people. Start with the living ones!
Thank you people! Genealogy is a important subject than we need to work hard.
https://www.cyndislist.com/

The largest Genealogy hub is this one....
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Place your bets: Degree Info.'s return from the dead. eriehiker 12 3,286 01-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Need Assistance for Degree Info sacredrain 2 4,708 11-13-2017, 11:57 AM
Last Post: sacredrain
  Degree Info site??? cookderosa 17 2,056 10-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  Admin Info-Help Private Forum Access mrobinson 4 1,034 05-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  IMPORTANT info regarding Excelsior enrollment Kiwi Lover 2 1,654 07-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Matymus