Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Question about TESC
I have read that TESC very unprofessional.. They take long time to get your grades and is very expensive in regards to books and annual fee's.

I want honest answers about TESC from former students and current students.

I'm about to make a big decision and I don't want to regret it in the future.

Thanks for all the advice.
If you put some pressure on them by making phone calls and sending emails they get your grades up much quicker. I had my FEMA transcripts added to my evaluation within 2 weeks where my transcripts from a CC took about 8 weeks. I've also had grading of my TECEPS expedited by calling and busting balls.
91 Credits From Rutgers
Principles In Statistics TESC A
11 FEMA IS Credits

Exams Passed
Substance Abuse TECEP
Word Processing TECEP
Anatomy & Physiology TECEP
Organizatinal Behavior TECEP

One Exam to Go: Research in Experimental Psych
They can be a little slow sometimes but overall, I really like TESC.
Bachelor of Arts, 2008
87 Traditional Credits
27 Exam Credits
6 FEMA Credits

M.A., 2010  

*Now Homeschooling
For my needs TESC was overall the best fit for me but I found their advisors to be worthless. At one point I had someone tell me that they had started accepting CompTIA certs for credit but never could get anyone to give me a definitive answer on how to obtain this. Whereas you can just publish your transcript online and send the link to EC and COSC, with TESC they wanted me to get documents notarized and sent in, and even then it wasn't definite that they would grant it. It's like they made a policy but didn't research it out on how to enact it. I called a couple times and the advisors acted like they didn't want to be bothered. They definitely seem like they're last out of the Big 3 when it comes to customer service...
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
znawabi Wrote:I have read that TESC very unprofessional.. They take long time to get your grades and is very expensive in regards to books and annual fee's.

I want honest answers about TESC from former students and current students.

I'm about to make a big decision and I don't want to regret it in the future.

Thanks for all the advice.
>>

I earned 2 degrees from TESC. It is what it is. It's a regionally accredited legitimate college. It also happens to be one of the only 3 colleges in the country that have zero residency. This, along with their willingness to not charge or cap your exam credit, makes it what some like to call an "assessment college." So, that said, if you don't intend on testing out of more than 30 credits, don't intend on using the 27 free FEMA credits, don't plan on transferring in more than 60 credits, then you might be happier somewhere else.
Simply weigh the pros and the cons. When I did that, the only con I could come up with was lackluster customer service. That's a minuscule trade off for a degree (in my opinion).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,444 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,651 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,738 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,981 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,990 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,733 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,814 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,828 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,632 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32