Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General question about TESU academic evaluation
I see that TESU now has a BS in Information Technology. Got me interested since I didn't really like doing the business stuff and had given up on the bachelor degree. I'm sending my transcripts over to them for eval for this degree but my question is, can I change it to sort of "shop" for the other degree (bsba cis)? I have quite a lot of business credits and if the latter is quicker/easier to get I might do it. Is that eval automated? I kind of got the sense that it is as I've done it once before and it put some of the credits in strange places I thought. Basically I'd just like to plug in a couple different degree options and see where I end up in the eval and then go from there. Thanks for any help.
(03-24-2018, 01:44 PM)fork Wrote: I see that TESU now has a BS in Information Technology. Got me interested since I didn't really like doing the business stuff and had given up on the bachelor degree. I'm sending my transcripts over to them for eval for this degree but my question is, can I change it to sort of "shop" for the other degree (bsba cis)? I have quite a lot of business credits and if the latter is quicker/easier to get I might do it. Is that eval automated? I kind of got the sense that it is as I've done it once before and it put some of the credits in strange places I thought. Basically I'd just like to plug in a couple different degree options and see where I end up in the eval and then go from there. Thanks for any help.

They have an online evaluation tool that you can use to test out your credits in other degree plans, it isn't perfect - but pretty good.  If you find that it looks like your credits fit into a different degree better you can ask them to add that to your official evaluation (they will put things in their true place then).  You can have more than one official degree evaluation at a time; however when you apply you choose one up front. In your case it was probably wise to choose the BS in IT, as those transferred credits tend to require a bit more evaluation and interpretation on the part of TESU than the business courses.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Thanks. I can see by looking at the 2 more closely and what my credits are already that it would be a lot less to go with the BSBA in CIS. My issue with that is the "Strategic Management" course, which looks like it's a capstone. I wonder if that can be done any place else that doesn't require going through a whole course. The "Lifelong Learning" thing too. What is that?
The business capstone cannot be transferred in anymore. Also it used to have a test-out option but they got rid of that. It is basically writing a long paper, and during the 12 weeks, you have someone to help guide you in working on it. It should be more tolerable than most regular courses, for people who are OK with papers.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • fork

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,582 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,283 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,322 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,817 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore